PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Today's team & commentary link
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12]

Author Topic: Today's team & commentary link  (Read 37085 times)

Stan Hibbert

Re: Today's team & commentary link
« Reply #165 on: April 05, 2010, 07:09:37 PM »

In the interests of fairness how many free kicks has Chris Denham 'manufactured' for us this season....maybe not penalties but that's down to geography rather than anything else.

Also, if we did have a player who 'won' us a good number of penalties would we be so indignant? I doubt it

Fair point ATS but you're never gonna say "ah well, so and so dived and won a penalty and got our centre back sent off but never mind 'cos Chris Denham dives a bit too" are you? ???

62vintage

« Reply #166 on: April 05, 2010, 07:22:52 PM »

`Chris Denham manufactures freekicks for for us.`
Thats an understatement if I ever heard one I think he falls over every chance he gets. We should remember that before we scream at other teams and their players for cheating, we are no angels ourselves.

Stan Hibbert

« Reply #167 on: April 05, 2010, 07:33:46 PM »

`Chris Denham manufactures freekicks for for us.`
Thats an understatement if I ever heard one I think he falls over every chance he gets. We should remember that before we scream at other teams and their players for cheating, we are no angels ourselves.

But that's what makes football so good! If everyone was whiter than white then forums like this wouldn't be as popular as they are. It's all good!!

boltonrobin

« Reply #168 on: April 05, 2010, 08:08:07 PM »

Just seen the pic on the main site, how did the ref miss those two nailed on pens?

bighairedmike

« Reply #169 on: April 05, 2010, 08:22:38 PM »

Just seen the pic on the main site, how did the ref miss those two nailed on pens?

he didn't. He saw the senior incident looked as though he was going to go over and then looked away and senior got hauled to the ground. Also thought youngy's yellow was a disgrace but think the penalty was fair.

markecky

« Reply #170 on: April 05, 2010, 08:30:21 PM »

In the interests of fairness how many free kicks has Chris Denham 'manufactured' for us this season....maybe not penalties but that's down to geography rather than anything else.

Also, if we did have a player who 'won' us a good number of penalties would we be so indignant? I doubt it

As if football works like that.

You'll never believe it but on more than one occasion this season I have shouted handball when it hit the players chest in the penalty area.  I knew deep down it wasn't a penalty but I still shouted it.  And I have to live with myself...

In my opinion football is about partisan one eyed support of your 11 playersin the 90 minutes not "the interest of fairness".

We played bloody well today.

Haven't read the full thread but York had nine days rest and a fully fit squad to pick from.

We matched them all the way.

I thought it was a pen in the last minute but it was a foul on Coburn for the first.

Once again, proud of the lads.

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: April 05, 2010, 08:51:25 PM »

In fairness Ecky I agree, first goal should hve been diallowed, not least for offside.

The penalty was a pity, the ball was going out as brodie kicked it to far, youngs leg was there,he took a step past and then went flying. By the way the linesman gave it in my opinion.

Brodie in my opinion is a downright cheat and yet again got away with it all afternoon.

Cant see them going up.

Overall the lads were great considering they played on Saturday, a pity Chris did not score in the first half when he was set up by Col.

bighairedmike

« Reply #172 on: April 05, 2010, 08:57:11 PM »

In fairness Ecky I agree, first goal should hve been diallowed, not least for offside.

The penalty was a pity, the ball was going out as brodie kicked it to far, youngs leg was there,he took a step past and then went flying. By the way the linesman gave it in my opinion.

Brodie in my opinion is a downright cheat and yet again got away with it all afternoon.

Cant see them going up.

Overall the lads were great considering they played on Saturday, a pity Chris did not score in the first half when he was set up by Col.

Cracking save by the keeper that though to be honest.

I reckon that whoever doesnt get automatically promoted out of luton and stevenage will win the play offs. I know that traditionally teams in second don't go up "the cursed spot" and all but i reckon they both have what it takes to do it. Probably have Rushden as an outside over York and Oxford.

markecky

« Reply #173 on: April 05, 2010, 09:00:25 PM »

Another highlight of the day. 

Gash getting subbed again after doing nowt and leaving the pitch to "what a waste of money" for the second time in a month.

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: April 05, 2010, 10:57:57 PM »

DAM AND blast missed  todays game did not know we were playing  :(
Harold
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Today's team & commentary link