PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 £4,000 (at least) thrown away...
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10

Author Topic: £4,000 (at least) thrown away...  (Read 62589 times)

CB

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: £4,000 (at least) thrown away...
« Reply #45 on: January 13, 2007, 08:50:29 PM »

I've not been back long and have only just calmed down. How we managed to lose that I'll never know.

My first trip to Tamworth and it'll be my last. sh*t ground (I honestly can't believe it's allowed in the league - it's not even good enough to be deemed tinpot), sh*t fans (I was verbally abused by some middle-aged bloke who shouted in my face "F*ck off back to Manchester, you f*cking wankers"), sh*t game (I really hope we never have to play them again - has there *ever* been a decent game between us?).

Poor, poor performance by us, but we shouldn't have lost as Tamworth were just as woeful. We should have been able to hold on until the end without cocking it up.

We couldn't.

Jimmy Hill

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 13, 2007, 09:03:14 PM »

I've not been back long and have only just calmed down. How we managed to lose that I'll never know.

My first trip to Tamworth and it'll be my last. sh*t ground (I honestly can't believe it's allowed in the league - it's not even good enough to be deemed tinpot)

I don't mind their ground actually, the away end is a bit odd and the views aren't great, but it does the job.

Much prefer it to somewhere with far superior facilities such as Rushden.

sh*t fans (I was verbally abused by some middle-aged bloke who shouted in my face "F*ck off back to Manchester, you f*cking wankers")

I think some Tamworth fans today showed themselves up quite a bit.

To take the piss out of a person for most of the second half who is obviously 'not quite all there' demonstrates a distinct lack of tact and class. It was almost cringeworthy.

The scenes following the winner were pathetic, I hope the young lad responsible realises running and pushing an elderly man in the back is the behaviour of a moronic oik.
WTF why do you need some sort of drug to have a good time at a party ffs

markecky

« Reply #47 on: January 13, 2007, 09:16:20 PM »

I've just about calmed down now.

Firstly the lad (looked about 25) who jumped on Dennis 'sback was left in doubt of how we felt of his actions, as I found him and let him know. 

To be fair to him he apologised and it was a stupid act.  Seemed he was surrounded by likeminded people though.

Whole situation should never have happened.  Why was the game not segregated?  Easy to do there, straight out of the exit and to your cars or coaches.  Simple.  I don't think Tamworth fans like Alty and I certainly don't like Tamworth since Coopers comments on our 18 point deduction.

What woudldhave happened if it had gone to penalties?  GUaranteed trouble.

When I saw Tamworth in the league I said they were one of the worst teams I have ever seen at Moss Lane.  And I stand by it.  We were poor today, they were were worse.  We have somehow lost.

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 13, 2007, 09:26:28 PM »

when i passed you on shaftesbury avenue you looked pissed ecky! at last i think it was you only gota quick look before i turned.

Altysmiffy

« Reply #49 on: January 13, 2007, 09:28:54 PM »

no finishing 17th would not be ok for me, but it would be better than winning the trophy and being relagated, surely you realise that playing another possible 8 games would cripple our squad, already fighting week in week out against full time opposition and i might add doing well, but that would change with the extra physical exertion required for a strong cup run. I would have loved nothing more than a bender in the capital topped off with an alty trophy victory to bring back the glory days of the 70's and 80's, but is just not viable this year.

Next year with more funds to spend on the squad due to our debts being clear and TV money coming from setanta yes a trophy run would be nice and greatly enjoyed. but i'd rather see us secure these 1000+ crowds and TV money before I worry about how our team are doing in non essential competitions, be it FA Trophy, Cup, Senior Cup.

Any road woking next week i think we owe them a stuffing they robbed us @ our place earlier this season.mabe that could be the elusive first away win???

Agreed! Was it 1991 when a pile up of fixtures cost us the title & automatic promotion?

Altysmiffy

« Reply #50 on: January 13, 2007, 09:32:33 PM »

We've lost the match, its very disappointing......

We are in a league we have no right to be in...
We are more than holding our own in that league....
We are almost out of debt.....
We have a stable & enthusiastic squad who want to play for Alty.....
We have a first rate board......
We have a first rate coach......
We have a good ground and very professional set up....

Thats 2 negatives and how many positives????

Lets just get on and support our team!

Wanting to be the best you can be isn't not supporting your team.

You are absolutely right, I just meant "Lets put this behind us and count our blessings"

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 13, 2007, 09:46:24 PM »

According to BBC todays attendance was 502 i say there was more than that there. :o
@AltyDaz

Altysmiffy

« Reply #52 on: January 13, 2007, 09:48:57 PM »

According to BBC todays attendance was 502 i say there was more than that there. :o

You're right - 520 on the main site match report!!!!

You don't suppose Tamworth might not have owneed up to all the match receipts???????

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 13, 2007, 09:51:34 PM »

I would have put it around the 700 mark.
@AltyDaz

altytinny10

« Reply #54 on: January 13, 2007, 09:54:29 PM »

I would have put it around the 700 mark.

try a 1000 +  look on fa website under trophy thats what they are quoting !!

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 13, 2007, 09:56:24 PM »

My first trip to Tamworth and it'll be my last. sh*t ground (I honestly can't believe it's allowed in the league - it's not even good enough to be deemed tinpot), sh*t fans (I was verbally abused by some middle-aged bloke who shouted in my face "F*ck off back to Manchester, you f*cking wankers"), sh*t game (I really hope we never have to play them again - has there *ever* been a decent game between us?).

CB:
Alas, we do have to play them once again!

Make sure that you are 'washing your hair' on the afternoon of Saturday, 21st April 2007.....
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

tammie

« Reply #56 on: January 13, 2007, 09:59:28 PM »

To be honest ,I thought you where better side today,but you seemed to switch off for last 10 minutes ,didn't see the incident regarding fan ,but unfortunately we have our fair share of morons,can't understand why there was no segregation today ,but I enjoyed standing behind the goal in the 2nd half for the first time in 3 years,anyway best of luck lads for the rest of the season ,as for us ! under Cooper we will be relegated.

markecky

« Reply #57 on: January 13, 2007, 10:01:51 PM »

Tammie, which goal did you stand behind?

Jimmy Hill

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 13, 2007, 10:02:25 PM »

To be honest ,I thought you where better side today,but you seemed to switch off for last 10 minutes ,didn't see the incident regarding fan ,but unfortunately we have our fair share of morons,can't understand why there was no segregation today ,but I enjoyed standing behind the goal in the 2nd half for the first time in 3 years,anyway best of luck lads for the rest of the season ,as for us ! under Cooper we will be relegated.

Fair play.

Can't really argue with any of that.
WTF why do you need some sort of drug to have a good time at a party ffs

Unemployed Coalminer

« Reply #59 on: January 13, 2007, 10:06:35 PM »

Didn't UC say he'd prefer to be in the Conference North?  What ambitious about a statement like that?

Yes I did say that. But I also said I wouldn't welcome seeing us relegated. I said I sometimes wish we'd not been promoted as it was too soon. I'd rather watch a competitive team playing each week in the Conference North than a desparate scratch side playing in the Conference. A winning Conference North team would possibly be better equiped to mount a cup run than a losing Conference one (although Tamworth do their best to confound that theory). I'm old enough to remember seeing Altrincham win the FA Trophy at Wembley when it seemed to matter. I'm dispappointed so many people on here seem to accept today's defeat with such resignation.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 £4,000 (at least) thrown away...