PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 £4,000 (at least) thrown away...
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10]

Author Topic: £4,000 (at least) thrown away...  (Read 62956 times)

Unemployed Coalminer

Re: £4,000 (at least) thrown away...
« Reply #135 on: January 16, 2007, 12:33:58 PM »

I never said I expected success in the cups. What I was trying to say was that the club should be trying to win the Trophy, get to the 3rd round of the FA Cup AND stay in the Conference. What I was pissed off about was fans rolling over and accepting going out as if it didn't really matter. If you look at the club website you'll find Graham has said it all for me. That's my final word you'll be pleased to know cos i'm sick of having to repeat myself to get my point made.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: January 16, 2007, 12:46:51 PM »

Supers? 

Sorry about that - it just slipped off the tongue!

Quite a few of us (then) young uns used to talk of Alty as the "Super Robins".  My nickname at work for years used to be 'Super' as I wasted no opportunity to brainwash people about the team!

It fell out of fashion many many years ago and that was just a slip of the keyboard after a long rant!  ;)
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

CB

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: January 16, 2007, 01:12:30 PM »

I never said I expected success in the cups. What I was trying to say was that the club should be trying to win the Trophy, get to the 3rd round of the FA Cup AND stay in the Conference. What I was pissed off about was fans rolling over and accepting going out as if it didn't really matter. If you look at the club website you'll find Graham has said it all for me. That's my final word you'll be pleased to know cos i'm sick of having to repeat myself to get my point made.

I know what you're getting at UC and agree :)

And whoever's given me a peake for (barely) expressing an opinion... thanks  ::)
« Last Edit: January 16, 2007, 01:25:01 PM by CB »

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: January 16, 2007, 01:35:01 PM »

here's a Goodwin to compensate!  ;)
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Jimmy Hill

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: January 16, 2007, 01:37:26 PM »

I know what you're getting at UC and agree :)

And whoever's given me a peake for (barely) expressing an opinion... thanks  ::)

The two instances may not have been connected (at least you have a positive karma difference!).

Anyway, to sum up:

Unless we win the Trophy next season we close the club down.

I think we can all agree on that.
WTF why do you need some sort of drug to have a good time at a party ffs

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #140 on: January 16, 2007, 01:38:53 PM »

My Karma:-91 Which is around 60 worse off than what it was before this thread started.
And you're worrying about a single Peake ....  ;)

Maybe I just like to stay positive on the outside. Try to lift the players and the club by talking about the positives and not worrying too much about what has happened.

Losing in the Trophy to me is not the end of the world
Winning a one off (well you know what I mean) game in the FA Trophy  was cetainly not on the top of the list of things to achieve this season.

Season is still going VERY well and leys hope we are cheering come what May.

« Last Edit: January 16, 2007, 01:42:09 PM by gazwarrington »

CB

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: January 16, 2007, 01:47:17 PM »

I'm not worried about the peake, just that it was given even when I didn't really say anything!  :D

Anyway, back to the topic... ;)

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: January 16, 2007, 01:47:47 PM »

well said gaz!

Ashley Alty

« Reply #143 on: January 16, 2007, 01:51:22 PM »

Thanks, Saughall for the reply about "Super", I've not got back on in time to reply directly  :-\

CB, worry, when you're karma's as odd as mine  ???

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: January 16, 2007, 01:51:50 PM »

i seem to have kept an even peake count this week despite my widely disagreed views, but i can assure all it was not me whom has been peaking

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: January 16, 2007, 02:23:14 PM »

I wouldn't say I was rolling over as if it didn't matter - it hurt, as any Alty defeat does.  I would possibly suggest that the FA Trophy is not as important to some fans as the Conference and so perhaps that's why the defeat didn't hurt those fans as much as it hurt you - but it did hurt. 

For the record I might also point out that the FA Cup exit hurt me a lot harder than the FA Trophy did!

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: January 16, 2007, 02:47:01 PM »

seems the older fans who saw alty in the halcyon days and the younger ones who didnt have different opinions on the trophy.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: January 16, 2007, 04:35:14 PM »

I'm an older fan - and I don't give a toss for the Trophy compared with being in the Conf National, staying in the black and progressing steadily!

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: January 16, 2007, 05:53:18 PM »

Just our bloody luck.....

It seems that Welling United will be missing a few key players tonight due to injuries and a transfer request from their top goalscorer.

Stuffy Tamworth....
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Altysmiffy

« Reply #149 on: January 16, 2007, 09:51:03 PM »

My Karma:-91 Which is around 60 worse off than what it was before this thread started.
And you're worrying about a single Peake ....  ;)

Maybe I just like to stay positive on the outside. Try to lift the players and the club by talking about the positives and not worrying too much about what has happened.

Losing in the Trophy to me is not the end of the world
Winning a one off (well you know what I mean) game in the FA Trophy  was cetainly not on the top of the list of things to achieve this season.

Season is still going VERY well and leys hope we are cheering come what May.

Spot on!!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 £4,000 (at least) thrown away...