PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Tributes to Colin Little
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 9

Author Topic: Tributes to Colin Little  (Read 69193 times)

ASMO

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • oxfords barbers
Re: Colin Little
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2010, 11:44:53 PM »

All the best col  , you made a lot of people very happy

OldhamAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2010, 11:52:48 PM »

What more to say?

Thanks col, if i had 10p for every elated moment on the terraces after you'd powered one in I'd be a very wealthy man.

Good luck with your coaching, hope you can be just as successful.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2010, 11:53:11 PM »

Alty's top goalscorer in games played at the highest level of Non League football (i.e. from the Alliance Premier League to its current incarnation as the Blue Square Premier).

And I suspect this position will stand for quite a few years, too.

One quick query though: Manchester United...?

I thought that Colin was a diehard Manchester City fan..?!

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2010, 11:54:48 PM »

I hope that this thread turns into one of the biggest ever on the forum.

Thinking back through goals and stuff he has got, I am getting a bit emotional!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uaNisR6VIzc

Can't believe you missed this on http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_QZ2Pofkho&feature=related

I was watching this mate...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzujxmh9VUE&feature=related

Always liked this one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQe6n6luTdQ&feature=related  Has to be said though that goal at WOking might be my favourite ever Alty goal and summed Colin Little up to a tee, a toss up between that and the 5th he got at home to Aldershot. Awesome. As said here, as impressive as Col's record is it doesn't get close to telling his story and his inflence, he didn't have to come here, he could have got more money elsewhere, he was here because he wanted to be and without him our future probably didn't bear thinking about. Thanks Col, I don't think you'll ever know just how much you mean to us. Glad you've got a good gig at United and I hope someone lower down throws a shedload of money at you for your services. Oh, and you gave us the best ever Alty chant!

York Alty

« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2010, 11:54:58 PM »

not sure where to start with this one.

end of an era

kind of expected

emotional

thanks for the BSP status

what more can i say?  Colin Little - one of the greatest Alty legends.

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2010, 12:00:55 AM »

i am a little tear struck, it may be the beer, it is definately this news,

without doubt the greatest player i have had the great fortune to see put on an alty shirt. legend is the only word to describe someone who epitomises our club.

i have friends who have no interest in alty yet ask me on a regular basis to regaail them with colins latest goal scoring feats. I hope we can roll back the clocks and get col in his pomp back for the final few times we will see him in red and white

taxi Phil

« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2010, 12:07:12 AM »

I've had a lot of years watching this club, and Colin is right up there with the great Alty strikers. Whilst I'm sorry to see him go, I'm delighted to see him going into coaching with youngsters. Let's hope he can produce a few moulded in his own image (even if that'll probably put them beyond Alty's reach !)

D.A. ALTY

• Regular First Team
  • ALTY F.C TILL I FUKIN DIE
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2010, 12:11:39 AM »

cheers colin little for what u hav done for ALTY F.C,  you are a LEGEND, good luck in the future..... f**kin GUTTED !!!

jhcorbett

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2010, 12:12:37 AM »

A top player and top bloke, it's been a privilege watching him in an Alty shirt over the years. God knows what league we'd be in now if it wasn't for all his goals. Just a brilliant effort!

Sad news in many ways but sounds like an excellent role at Man U - ALL THE BEST & THANKS SUPERCOL!

jimmyhank

« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2010, 12:13:52 AM »

Thanks for all the memories Colin. Words cannot sum up what you've done for our wonderful club so I'll just wish you well in your new role.

casper

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2010, 12:21:46 AM »

Fantastic player, fantastic bloke.

He took us into the conference prem, and a joy to watch.

A big send off needed.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 08, 2010, 01:12:27 AM »

Unfortunately every good thing has to come to an end sometimes.

Without Colin we would never have made the Conference and without Colin we certainly would not have stayed there......fantastic goals over the seasons, my own favourite being the overhead kick against Harrogate Town (BSN).

But it's not just the goals, it's the fact he has stuck by his local team, the fact he turns up to coach kids when he could be at home etc. Happy to talk in the bar and given us a laugh a few years ago with his legendary 'tank tops'.

All the best at United, but make sure you don't roll your socks down ! Just hope we can celebrate one more goal before the seasons over.
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Aussie Bob

« Reply #27 on: April 08, 2010, 01:13:00 AM »

Glad he has chosen his time to go and  taken up a great opportunity , and another potential Alty manager in the making. Great servant of the club and to hang around a struggling club when he could of got more money elsewhere is a testament to his loyalty. Shame i have been so far away and not being able to witness his exploits but those You tube clips help.
His scoring record is immense and to consider a lot of that time we were struggling makes it even more of an acheivement.

Dougals Dad

« Reply #28 on: April 08, 2010, 04:24:01 AM »

What a fantastic opportunity for Col - it is a reward for a great professional of integrity and passion for the game.

To wish him well and to thank him for his time at Alty would barely do Colin justice for the service he has done the Robins, especially as he could quite easily have gone elsewhere for more money.

Scottie

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 08, 2010, 07:09:39 AM »

Sad news. Good luck and thanks for the memories.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 9
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Tributes to Colin Little