PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Tributes to Colin Little
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9

Author Topic: Tributes to Colin Little  (Read 69204 times)

Jezza

Re: Colin Little
« Reply #30 on: April 08, 2010, 07:27:53 AM »

Colin Little has been monumental for Alty and his goals and contribution will be talked about whenever 2 or 3 alty fans gather round a few pints in the same hushed and awed manner we talk about other true Alty legends like Jackie Swindells, John Rogers and Ian Tunnacliffe.

His goals will be remembered in Alty folklore and rightly so....without him we would definetly not be where we are today.

Thank you so much Colin for all you've done and the very best of luck with Utd....if you are succesful there as you were with us then I look forward to you standing next to an 80 yr old sir alex lifting the Champions League trophy in a few short years!!!

Froz

« Reply #31 on: April 08, 2010, 07:38:07 AM »

gutted that he is leaving as he is an Alty legend, he has bounced back when numerous people on this very forum have written him off, I guess the timing of the opportunity at utd has come at the perfect time for him.

Good luck Colin and all the best.

Narcissist

« Reply #32 on: April 08, 2010, 08:11:40 AM »

For someone to come along to Alty at the latter stages in his career and give it the commitment that Colin Little has given to Alty is in itself something that will be difficult to repeat.

Even with my limited access to matches over the last few years ive still seen some wonder goals, and touches of pure class. Colin Little came along when we were in danger of fading into Ossett awayday hell and helped drag us to where we are now. For me Colin Little was the spark that started a blaze at Moss Lane, gave us a real belief that we could get great players in our shirt.

No doubt without you Colin we wouldnt be walking tall in the BSP, we owe you so much.

Thanks, and good luck. Hope you still pop in to the real theatre of dreams whenever you can!!

chesteralty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 08, 2010, 08:14:32 AM »

Without Colin the very existence of this club would have been in jeopardy. When GH has his statue built in front of the Cresta  Court, Colin should be next to him.
Thanks for the memories and all the best for the future, you will be sadly missed.

ArmchairAlty

« Reply #34 on: April 08, 2010, 08:26:17 AM »

Colin is a lovely bloke and so deserves the success he has had, and this fantastic new position which I'm sure he will excel in.

Looking forward to giving him a wonderful send off in the next few weeks, including a highly emotional Cambridge game on the last day of the season.

Good luck mate. Glad I got other other half that Cult Zeros top even more now ;D

Sleepy the dwarf

« Reply #35 on: April 08, 2010, 08:34:45 AM »

As many have said Colin is a true legend that will be missed.

One goal I remember that sums his play up for me is his goal against Droylsden in 2008. Just a little run and suddenly he was stood in the middle of the six yard box with no defenders within six feet of him ready to head the ball home.

Good luck in your new role Colin!

CB

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 08, 2010, 08:47:56 AM »

Just read this news and I'm truly upset :(

My all time favourite player. It's been an absolute pleasure to having been able to watch him play and score all those amazing goals.

Pure class and will always be an Alty legend to me.

Thank you Colin :)

Jenga

« Reply #37 on: April 08, 2010, 08:56:09 AM »

Col has been a great player for us and will be missed.

A great time to annouce this now before the end of the season so that we can give him a great send off. Would rather sing his name one more time from the terraces now rather than not getting the opportunity mid close season.

Cheers Col.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 08, 2010, 09:06:20 AM »

Colin....... Good luck in your new venture at OT and thank you for all you have done for Alty..  Strikers of your calibre are few and far between and the off the pitch stuff you have done with coaching the youngsters etc  is also commendable..

Your a credit to your profession..

Best wishes...

On a lighter note I suppose GH will be the next to leave!!!

Well United are out of Europe and its not looking too good in the premiership after last Sat..

Fergie's not getting any younger is he...   :D ;)

Lew Needham

« Reply #39 on: April 08, 2010, 09:09:39 AM »

This is more emotional than i thought it would be!

We would not be where we are without Col! His goals got us promoted and kept us here. I know we've obviously received reprieves but without Col we would have been deeper into the relegation zone and other teams would have been receiving the reprieves.

As he said it is so fitting than he leaves the club as a established BSP team who are now able to compete with all the teams in this league.

Hopefully he will get a decent run out in all the remaining games!

Thanks for the memories Col and thanks for the loyalty you showed Alty and all you did for this club!!

Longman

« Reply #40 on: April 08, 2010, 09:37:01 AM »

One of the last of a dying breed, loyal to Alty even when money came calling.

FIND ME AND FOLLOW ME.

Best of Luck Col, hopefully you'll be an Alty manager in the future.

altrincham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 08, 2010, 09:43:45 AM »

Good luck to you Collin a true Alty legend.

seasonticket

« Reply #42 on: April 08, 2010, 09:54:59 AM »

My first memory of Colin was when he scored a couple against us for Crewe in a CSC cup final and i called him all the names specially reserved for those who score against us. Then when I heard he was joinig us the vocabulary was quickly changed. Even more so when he started scoring all those goals that got us where we are today.
Anyone who wants to play for his loacal club and is prepared to do so for far less money than he could get elsewhere (particularly in this age of greed) is a top man in my book. Legend is a much overused word on this forum but in this case it is the only word needed to sum up a truly great servant of our club.
Best of luck Colin

(S)ALTY

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 08, 2010, 10:28:19 AM »

Just recovered from the shock that a true Alty legend is hanging up his boots.

Thanks for some fantastic memories and goals.

Alty's loss is United's gain and I wish you every success, you richly deserve it for the sacrifices you have made on behalf of this club.

Who knows, if GH ever decides to hang up his manager's coat there may be a welcome in the potholes of Moss Lane !

Good luck and thanks !

ant

« Reply #44 on: April 08, 2010, 10:29:37 AM »

Colin,

You are a legend mate.  Thanks for the teriffic goals and passion you showed over the years.  Good luck in the new job too!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Tributes to Colin Little