PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Tributes to Colin Little
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9

Author Topic: Tributes to Colin Little  (Read 69029 times)

alty_fc_senny

Re: Colin Little
« Reply #60 on: April 08, 2010, 02:58:41 PM »

nothing much else to be said that hasnt already been said, just a top guy and true legend at Altrincham. Very best of luck at United Col and thanks for everything you've done for this club.

Cornerflag

« Reply #61 on: April 08, 2010, 03:25:23 PM »

Havning just ordered my 'End Of Season' DVD ... is there any chance of getting a DVD made up of Colin's career highlights? I'm sure there's be a good take up .....

Watch this space!

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 08, 2010, 05:10:43 PM »

Couldn't say anything thats not been said, so thanks for your wonderful efforts over the past six years and good luck.

Going to miss the Colin Little chant as much as the sublime space making moves.
Full time and proud of it

thelaw

« Reply #63 on: April 08, 2010, 05:23:43 PM »

Best of look at United , maybe one day return to alty for manager  :D

Number 23

• Regular First Team
  • 23 of 100
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 08, 2010, 05:25:49 PM »

Havning just ordered my 'End Of Season' DVD ... is there any chance of getting a DVD made up of Colin's career highlights? I'm sure there's be a good take up .....

Watch this space!

Just what I wanted to hear and from exactly where I wanted to hear it. Cheers.

Bangor on Dee Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 08, 2010, 06:18:06 PM »

Cheers Col you're a star, show that Rooney chap a thing or two.

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 08, 2010, 06:37:57 PM »

Like most I am more emotional than expected. In all my years watching Alty he is possibly my biggest hero, many memories of him turning 2 or 3 players with one turn or dummy. I have also adapted a movement from Col when I play and I know that sounds very childish but it bloody works, so I'll never forget him. He has all the great attributes to being a top class coach. Wlil be truly missed, one hell of a natural footballer. I hope he gets a run now towards the end of the season. It will be hard to say good bye to a player I love !!!! all the best !!!

bigcol

« Reply #67 on: April 08, 2010, 07:20:02 PM »

I've done a little piece on my blog

http://www.colinharris.net/blogs/index.php/colin-little-altrincham-footballer-we-thank-you

I can only echo what has been said and that's two people we've lost to the premiership this season.  I don't think any other BSP club can say that :)

andrewflynn

« Reply #68 on: April 08, 2010, 07:40:10 PM »

I've heard people talk of past greats, and wished I was alive to experience it. When Alty legends are the topic of talk in say, twenty years time, I'll finally be able to pass comment on one. Colin Little is a class act, and some of the things I've seen him do have only increased my love for the club. I wish him the very best of luck in his coaching job!
« Last Edit: April 08, 2010, 07:41:45 PM by Andrew Flynn »

RockyRobin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 08, 2010, 08:37:18 PM »

Leg-end to be sure.

The winner at Woking sticks with me as it was a true strikers piece of work, chasing the ball down and leaving the defenders for dead; finishing with style. It was also such a boost to get off to a winning start at a ground we haven't had too much luck on; look what Woking went on to do that season....

Col was also first in to the oppositions bar for a refreshment and a cheeky smile after a win. We'll also miss the stories of his late night jogs....
Bought and Brought are two different words with completely different meanings

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 08, 2010, 09:48:10 PM »

Colin you have been a god! Thank you so many memories and when people thought you were past it 2 years ago you showed them what playing football is all about and proved them wrong time and time again

a friend of mine said leave on a high and you have done be proud and I wish you all the very best in your new venture
ParkINson's red and white army

Bath Alty

« Reply #71 on: April 08, 2010, 10:02:25 PM »

I was looking forward to Salisbury as my last game of the season but with nothing really riding on it I wasn't sure there'd be much atmosphere at the away end for a long mid-week trip but now hopefully the southern exiles will turn out in force to say goodbye to a true Alty legend.

Thanks for all you've done Colin and all the best in you're new role, so glad you can move on to something so exciting for you.

Dougals Dad

« Reply #72 on: April 08, 2010, 10:31:43 PM »

By the way Col, when you get to United have a word with that Rooney chap; tell him how to be a proper centre forward!

Altyant

« Reply #73 on: April 08, 2010, 10:54:56 PM »

All the best Col you will be missed. A true gent in a time of greed amongst many footballers. A player for those of us too young to have seen Jackie Swindells scoring exploits to talk about with the same amount of respect and awe.

JTH

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 08, 2010, 11:25:28 PM »

Agree with so much of what has already been said, so here's my 5 top Col moments:-

(5) His equaliser at Dag & Red in the 4-1 defeat towards the end of the 06-07 season - I think its on the DVD, a twist and a turn then a 25 yarder into the top corner - utter class.

(4) Again at D&R, the fourth in the rain soaked 4-2 win in 05-06 - Grimly hanging on to a 3-2 lead a cross skids into the 6 yd box, the keeper spills it on to a sniffing Little's knee and over the line it crawls - get in!

(3) Away at Alfreton in Conf North - Their chairman, Wayne Bradley, firmly put in his place by Col's opener, a deft volleyed flick into the opposite corner from a deep high cross, a finish belonging to a higher league at a much, much better place.

(2) In Alfreton's bar after that game - An apologetic Little bashfully removes his 'binman chic' woolie hat when he realises Mr Goodwin is not impressed with his post match attire.

(1) The permanent txt msg from Mad Frankie which always seemed to read "1-0 Little". 

All the best Col - a legend from Altrincham to Timperley  (and beyond). 
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Tributes to Colin Little