PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Tributes to Colin Little
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9

Author Topic: Tributes to Colin Little  (Read 69030 times)

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Tributes to Colin Little
« Reply #105 on: April 22, 2010, 12:44:33 PM »

Droysden away, from a free kick near the corner flag, span off his marker, volleyed in from 5 yrds, mayhem in the away end. Happy Days
Bernard Taylors barmy army

AltySi

« Reply #106 on: April 22, 2010, 12:45:12 PM »

Thank you Colin for all you have donw for Altrincham Football Club.

You will long be remembered as the best striker at the club for several generations.

Hope you have a great day on Saturday, and if would be amazing for everyone if you were able to grab a goal.

Stockportalty

« Reply #107 on: April 22, 2010, 01:06:16 PM »

Thank you Colin, for your dedication to our football club over the past few years. There are a lot of names that come to mind when we think of players that have committed their time and energy over their time at the club, yours will be one of the first we remember.
Good Luck in the new job, hope it proves to be want you want, you deserve it.

robins1978

« Reply #108 on: April 22, 2010, 01:12:56 PM »

Nice bloke, quality footballer and he CHOSE to play for his local club instead of going elswhere for more cash. See you when you come into Tesco's at Baguley for your shopping mate. Good Luck at United. I remember the Droylsden away day too - cracking day out. Also remember talking to Col at end of season ball a few years ago when HE was looking forward a certain Halifax Town player promising to come to Alty the following season. I don't think you realise how important you have been to 'our little club' over the past 6 years Col - a true Alty Legend.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2010, 01:20:42 PM by robins1978 »

Rob Manson

« Reply #109 on: April 22, 2010, 01:17:10 PM »

I remember a few years ago, my lad getting his photo taken with the team during the pre-season team photo shoot. The team was all set ready to get the shot taken and I noticed my lad was about to cry (he was 5!!)  I asked him what was up and he said it was because he wasn't sitting beside Colin Little. Cue the team being reorganised by Colin so that he could sit besdie my lad. Sometimes its the small things that matter. Good luck in your new job, thanks for that day and most of all, thanks for the goals. From Rob and Robbie. Looking forward to Saturday!

AltyG

« Reply #110 on: April 22, 2010, 01:53:32 PM »

Colin has been a credit to the club with so many good goals.  Good luck to you in the future with your career.

Mallorca Alty

• Regular First Team
  • aka Cestrian Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: April 22, 2010, 04:04:43 PM »

A big thank you for winning me a few shillings when I backed Colin Little to score first. My favorite goal was the last minute  winning goal against Barrow in the F.A. Trophy about 6 years ago.
They really should be beating teams like us

anglo alty

« Reply #112 on: April 22, 2010, 04:22:08 PM »

best of luck in the future colin and thanks for the memories

bighairedmike

« Reply #113 on: April 22, 2010, 09:30:18 PM »

Thanks for all the wonderful memories Colin. Some of my favourites include the goal against stevenage on the opening day a couple of seasons ago and, again on the opening day, against woking. The fact that you are going to have your own memorial DVD with all your goals just go's to prove how much you have done for this club.

People use the word legend far too much nowadays, but for you it is truly deserved. Any aspiring footballer can look up to you as the model player, both for skill and as a player. To come down to Conference North level to play for us when you could have gone elsewhere marks you as an immensely loyal player. If you left us in the top 10 in the conference national it would be an amazing achievement, and even more wonderful if you could score the goal that put us there. And whichever team you go to now will have gained a top, top player, on and off the pitch.

Just remember there will always be room for you at Altrincham FC, pop in and have a drink sometime when you're free.

All the best in the future Col, you deserve it.

Bighairedmike.

cornishrobin

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: April 22, 2010, 09:44:28 PM »

Colin Little the greatest alty striker ever.
good luck (not that you need it)
once a legend always a legend
thank you Colin for everything.

altyusa

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: April 22, 2010, 11:11:14 PM »

Colin, all the best and thanks for some great years at Alty and keeping us up these last few years.   Good luck with your new job at United as well.

Alfa Romeo

« Reply #116 on: April 23, 2010, 09:54:20 AM »

So I'll finally have to delete my "1-0 Little" text template :'( I agree with one or two other, that sublime volley in that relegation 6 pointer at the Butchers Arms a couple of years back is my stand out moment. It summed Colin up really, a class above.

sotalty

« Reply #117 on: April 23, 2010, 01:22:01 PM »

One of those players that you look forward to watching on a saturday.  Skill, vision, composure and loyalty.  All the best Colin.

The Red Baron

« Reply #118 on: April 23, 2010, 01:53:34 PM »

Colin Little - Alty legend, one of the true greats of the modern Alty era.

You will be missed Col  ;D

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: April 23, 2010, 02:31:55 PM »

So I'll finally have to delete my "1-0 Little" text template :'( I agree with one or two other, that sublime volley in that relegation 6 pointer at the Butchers Arms a couple of years back is my stand out moment. It summed Colin up really, a class above.

Whilst I concur with the praise for Colin's goal at The Butchers Arms as being a classic example of how a true goalscorer can miraculously find space and lose their marker inside the penalty box, I think you will find that he actually scored with a header!

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Tributes to Colin Little