PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Tributes to Colin Little
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9]

Author Topic: Tributes to Colin Little  (Read 69035 times)

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Tributes to Colin Little
« Reply #120 on: April 23, 2010, 03:54:18 PM »

Colin Little can do volleys with his head! Yet another example of why he's a legend!
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: April 23, 2010, 08:27:55 PM »

A goal tomorrow will sign you off perfectly Colin, lets hope. If not, then no bother, a marvellous job done, never to be forgotten. Good lad.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: April 24, 2010, 09:44:49 AM »

Thanks Col,enjoy your new job.Did not see you play as much as i would have liked,me living in Devon,but what i did see i enjoyed.
Harold

Number 23

• Regular First Team
  • 23 of 100
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: April 24, 2010, 12:24:06 PM »

Colin,  Thank you, Thank you, Thank you.
You could easily have gone to another club for more money or full time football. There are plenty of less gifted players how we could all name who have trolled round this league just the money but you stayed with one club, took from them only what they could affort and payed us all back many times over.

You deserve the best in everything you do. Hope Man United appreciate what they have got as much as we have.

All the best.

Ste

« Reply #124 on: April 24, 2010, 01:24:39 PM »

Colin, you are a true Alty hero and will forever be remembered as a legend at this club. 'Thank you' doesn't seem good enough for all the memories you've given us. Good luck in all your future endeavours and thanks again!

bigedd

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: April 24, 2010, 07:47:13 PM »

Thanks Colin, for all you have done for ALTY F C. Good Luck.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: April 26, 2010, 05:17:44 PM »

Colin,

So hard to put into words how thankful we all are and what we think of you, certainly can't really add to anything that's been said. However, you won't know how low our ebb has been at certain points in the last decade. For a player of your class and passion to come to Alty, not us to you, forsaking money that you could have got elsewhere and to lift us back up to the level where we belong was a Godsend, literally a God sent to us.

I hope whenever you feel sad about leaving Alty you'll be able to appreciate what you have done for this club and this area. There are very few footballers who can say there career has been truly worthwhile. Yours has.

You've shown pride but you've also given us pride. People knew who you were, they saw you on Soccer Saturday all the time, it wasn't unnoticed. If you supported Alty at school you were in the shadows but where I've teached even the Utd and City fans have heard of Colin Little when the Alty lads talk about Alty and agree he's a class act. You could never buy that, whoever we signed from now on.

And if you could see the amount of kids who support Alty in the local schools, it's absolutely amazing and you'd know exactly why you did it and came to us.

But I think you already do.

Good luck whatever the future holds Col, all the best.

altytony1

« Reply #127 on: March 24, 2011, 10:44:19 PM »

wythenshawe and a alty ledgend ,little by name but a large presence in the penalty area.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2011, 10:48:22 PM by altytony1 »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Tributes to Colin Little