PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Commentary link for Luton v Alty
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Commentary link for Luton v Alty  (Read 7683 times)

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Commentary link for Luton v Alty
« Reply #45 on: April 17, 2010, 05:02:21 PM »

Arrh nawty Alty didn't roll over like the last 7 visiting teams.

Well done.
Full time and proud of it

ArmchairAlty

« Reply #46 on: April 17, 2010, 05:04:10 PM »

Great point, well done lads!

robins1978

« Reply #47 on: April 17, 2010, 05:12:19 PM »

Fantastic result considering our recent past oponents and not getting what we deserved from them. Not impressed with the disrespectful comments about Alty from the radio commentators. Said 'we dont usually have much luck with these idiots do we', and also said 'you wouldnt want to watch 46 games of this from Altrincham would you. Your jus pissed of coz you gotta go up thru the playoffs now - which you will as other teams in play offs will stay in BSP for another season. If we came to a full time reccently league club and got a draw doesthat mean it's no fun watchin Alty ?? No actually it does not, it means on the day you were no better or worse than us. A draw is a draw and the stats will show that. Hope you wingers go up as im fed up of your winging.

markecky

« Reply #48 on: April 17, 2010, 05:18:59 PM »

What a point. 

Luton fans, commentators, ballboys, whoever will never ever understand.

We have adapted our tactics and our team have taken a point from your galacticos.

There was a lot praise for Histon last game when they attacked.  They conceded SIX FFS..where is the triumph in that?

Well done Alty.

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 17, 2010, 05:22:51 PM »

Did he say idiots? I didn't hear that. At least the it seems the commentator was the same guy who did the Alty/Stevenage game so he knew how Alty can adapt. The summariser is always one-eyed (I've listened to quite a few Luton games this season) so it's what you'd expect, he was just frustrated. Shows his lack of understanding though doesn't it? Alty could have gone out to attack and lost by six. As it is they played to their strengths and got a result. When I looked back at the Tamworth game where they drew 1-1 I fancied we  wouldn't get turned over. Luton scored six against Histon probably because Histon didn't defend, and Luton let in three because they probably aren't as good as they think they are. In fact today's result proved that.

markecky

« Reply #50 on: April 17, 2010, 05:30:14 PM »

From the Luton website...here are the pre match predictions from the press box.

14:54 PRESS BOX PREDICTIONS

Andrew Barringer: 5-0 Luton. Carl Field: 7-0 Luton. Thomas Leech: 3-1 Luton. Euan Duncan: 5-0 Luton. Ian Peace: 3-0 Luton. Bill Cole: 2-0 Luton.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

B. 4D

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 17, 2010, 05:41:32 PM »

Well done lads,
but we  should't be drawing against a team like this, we should be WINNING!!!!!! ;) with our away record.

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 17, 2010, 05:42:42 PM »

I had a look at all our results against the current top five teams the other night and now the stats are complete.

We've won one, drawn four and lost five of the ten games played. The five defeats were all by a single goal, and all but one were 1-0 scorelines. In total Altrincham have only conceded nine goals to the top five finishers this season having scored five themselves.

Make of that what you will, but I think for a part-time team with the thinnest of squads that's pretty good.

York Alty

« Reply #53 on: April 17, 2010, 11:15:02 PM »

i was out so missed all the game / commentary.  I assume this was a local BBC radio station?  Why the ar5e the BBC bother with local radio & tv escapes me.  They should be getting on with the big stuff and leave mrs. miggins cat stuck up a tree type news to independent radio stations.  grrrr - it annoys me.  i reckon its because the beeb tries to cover each and every story that the quality is cack. anyway rant over, just like lutons dreams of a league title. 

COME ON ALTY
COME ON ALTY
COME ON ALTY
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Commentary link for Luton v Alty