News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Query re. STAR AGM

Author Topic: Query re. STAR AGM  (Read 2126 times)

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Query re. STAR AGM
« on: January 14, 2007, 10:27:59 PM »

In last Friday's post (12th January 2006), I received an envelope containing the official documentation relating to the Election Of Members and Proposing Motions for the STAR AGM on Monday, 29th January 2007.

The deadline for the receipt of the completed official forms for proposing a motion or the election of a new member is noon tomorrow (Monday, 15th January 2007) at the football ground.

Now, I don't want to be accused of STAR bashing (my Karma rating has been hammered enough already this weekend!) but all I wanted to say was that this just seems to me to be incredibly short notice!

Couldn't these documents have been posted out earlier?

Oh, and the envelope was stamped "Insufficient Postage Paid"!

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Jezza

Re: Query re. STAR AGM
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2007, 04:34:55 AM »

Dear Mr Cult

I think it's to do with the rules and another anomility whereby the AGM has to be held within a certain time frame and the auditted accounts have again meant this is last minute....I think STAR are just gong to avoid a part I and part II AGM to facilitate it.

I know Mr Daine has worked hard with the auditors and stuffing envelopes to all STAR members to even get you the days notice...it could indeed have been posted earlier but then STAR would have looked dicks if they had to cancel!!!

Mind you in STAR's defence and for the lucky internet community the form and proposal form has been on the STAR site for a week.

I'm glad you approve STAR have cut down their postage costs!!!

Have a Goodwin...at least you are still in positive Karma.

I blame the post office.

Love Jez
xx

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2007, 11:10:55 AM »

have 20 goodwin for being man enough to send someone your love on a predonminantly male forum

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2007, 08:57:19 PM »

Jezza,

Thanks for your response but, as with any AGM, aren't there strict timescales/deadlines regarding when members/shareholders should be in receipt of information pertaining to the actual meeting?

I have heard of a STAR member who didn't receive the documents until last Saturday morning's post.....and not every STAR member will have access to the internet.

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Query re. STAR AGM