PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Danny Adams
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Danny Adams  (Read 5327 times)

Altysmiffy

Danny Adams
« on: January 14, 2007, 11:17:01 PM »

From the main website: "Former Alty left-back Danny Adams looks set to be released by League One Huddersfield Town."

Well, we do need a new left back.....................

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Danny Adams
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2007, 11:22:53 PM »

would be a very good signing and just turned 31 so a few  years left yet.possibly want to stay full time still ?

Altysmiffy

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2007, 11:29:54 PM »

I imagine he would, which would be a pity. I imagine we could not afford him, but I wonder if he has a soft spot for Moss Lane that might tempt him otherwise.

I saw a Huddersfield match on Sky t'other day, where, apparently (according to the commentary) he had a few things to say at half time after a poor team performance in the first half. I wonder if he was doing a little too much stirring......

From Wikpedia: "He has made himself an integral part of Huddersfield Town's defensive set-up and has been praised for a number of performances in his time at the Galpharm Stadium. On the 12th of January 2007, manager of Huddersfield told Adams along with two other team mates (Pawel Abbott and Martin McIntosh)that they were for sale. After telling this to the players, Peter Jackson told them to keep quiet about this but Adams thought that this was wrong and he told Radio Leeds later that night. As a result of that Adams was then dropped from the first-team for the game against Cheltenham the next day."

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2007, 11:03:57 AM »

would be an awesome signing! doing a beckham you could say, except less money, lesser team but good move in the long run...

honest danny it would be!!!!

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2007, 12:17:29 PM »

He won't come, unfortunately, but if he did we could easily move up to mid table at least!
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2007, 12:23:31 PM »

Do you believe a left back would make that much difference to the team ? or do you think Danny Adams only would make that much difference ?

I would like a 'proper' left back at the club but I don't think having one would really make us a comfortable mid table side.

Red N White Dynamite

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2007, 12:26:30 PM »

I think if we had won just a couple of games away from home we would be comfortably mid-table. I firmly belive the players we already have are capable of this. I believe psychology is a big factor in our away form and one win on the road could change things a bit. I'm not saying it would propel us to dizzy heights but it would take a bit of pressure off.

teasybeaver

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2007, 12:28:53 PM »

dont underestimate the difference it will make to the shape of the side and our attacking possibilities with a proper left-back in the side. its one thing we have missed a bit without chrissy this season is shapr at the back going forward!

CB

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2007, 12:30:59 PM »

I think that having a proper, out and out left back would make a huge difference. I never really rated Chris Adams (in the Conference anyway), but noticed the difference he made once he left! :)

Red N White Dynamite

« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2007, 12:31:28 PM »

Would also be interesting to see Warren playing further up with a quality left back behind him. I think our attacking options would be strengthened.

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2007, 12:38:06 PM »

The balance aspect is always very important. Having players in natural positions and having balance to the side would help.

I think any left back that can play to this level would benefit the team. I honestly think we are only a couple of players short from a side that would be comfortably mid table, not that anything to do with altrincham is ever comfortable but you know what I mean.

We have agood mixture of young and senior players at Alty and that can only bode well for the future.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2007, 12:40:14 PM »

I think the number of times we have conceded late on may well have been reduced - just two draws into wins would have made a big difference.
We're already scoring more goals this year (and spreading it about a bit more) so, yes, I think Danny at LB would have made a big difference.

Incidentally, perhaps Yates would have made the difference at the start of the season if we'd been able to get him - but that too wasn't to be.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Jimmy Hill

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2007, 12:51:43 PM »

I think the number of times we have conceded late on may well have been reduced - just two draws into wins would have made a big difference.

Having said that, this season we have conceded late to lose out on the draw (Stafford, Exeter)  yet I can't remember any occasions in the league where we have been ahead in the last ten minutes and been pegged back.
WTF why do you need some sort of drug to have a good time at a party ffs

Unemployed Coalminer

« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2007, 01:33:07 PM »

Danny was good at getting forward quickly and putting crosses in. Could put defences under real pressure.

Altysmiffy

« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2007, 06:22:50 PM »

Danny was good at getting forward quickly and putting crosses in. Could put defences under real pressure.

I remember him leaving Dan Petrescu for dead in a friendly v Bradford. If he has half of the quality he showed those years ago he'd be of great benefit to the team.
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Danny Adams