PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Bar arrangements for York and Oxford games
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Bar arrangements for York and Oxford games  (Read 18770 times)

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Bar arrangements for York and Oxford games
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2007, 02:18:27 PM »

rileys gates were shut at the last home gate , first time ever and that car parks never full

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2007, 02:21:43 PM »

really i walked for the first time in forever last home game... its like i knew!!!

Red N White Dynamite

« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2007, 02:34:36 PM »

Not untypical of me to be thinking of food but if this idea does come off there ought to be a wide selection of crisps and nuts available too. It might sound stupid but we haven't had home attendances like this on a regular basis for nearly 20 years and we need to maximise the income gained from it. We have the cheapest entrance prices in the league so away fans are going to have a few extra bob in their back pockets for their programmes and a beer.

It's also worth noting that City are playing away (Portsmouth & Middlesboro respectively) on these dates so perhaps it would be a good game to try a similar initiative to the one piloted against Weymouth. City season ticket holders would be able to come to the game at a slightly reduced rate if they contacted the club by email beforehand. These are massive games and a big cup game atmosphere is required to cheer the lads on.

Jimmy Hill

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2007, 02:39:47 PM »

Why would anyone want to drink in a portakabin or a large tent when there is a perfectly good pub a couple of hundred yards down the road?
WTF why do you need some sort of drug to have a good time at a party ffs

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2007, 02:43:05 PM »

The safety at sports grounds act forbids drinking alcohol in view of the pitch. Any temporary bar would therefore have to be outside.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2007, 02:43:47 PM »

you would be suprised jimmy, if we can garantee a good supply of beer and some food like dynamite mentioned then we could be on to a real winner esp if for the oxford game the weather is good, sale have an outrageously priced 'champions village' which is full to bursting every week plus if we offer the chance for york/oxford fans to mingle with alty fans and to congregate together before the game.

Unemployed Coalminer

« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2007, 02:44:09 PM »

What if it had no windows?

Red N White Dynamite

« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2007, 02:45:03 PM »

You'd be surprised how lazy some people are. If their coach parks up outside a place selling beer and match programmes why wouldn't they come in? The only thing missing would be a television but that is completely unfeasible. If it was done in the car park it is also possible that pass outs could be issued allowing people to drink at half time. This is where I feel we're missing out because away fans cannot have a pint at half time at Moss Lane. I'm sure there would be plenty of interest if it were an option.

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2007, 02:45:55 PM »

restrictions dictate that we cannot fit the fans in the away end for pre match drinks anyway

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2007, 02:46:25 PM »

Why would anyone want to drink in a portakabin or a large tent when there is a perfectly good pub a couple of hundred yards down the road?

You cant get to the pub at half time.

Best solution as I keep saying is getting a portacabin style affair just like canvey island in the away end, I dont mean a tiny one I mean a reasonable sized one.A can/bottle bar (with the use of plastic glassses) is something that would really make a difference to match day income, especially when those with sieable followings come to town.

Jimmy Hill

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2007, 02:48:45 PM »

you would be suprised jimmy, if we can garantee a good supply of beer and some food like dynamite mentioned then we could be on to a real winner esp if for the oxford game the weather is good, sale have an outrageously priced 'champions village' which is full to bursting every week plus if we offer the chance for york/oxford fans to mingle with alty fans and to congregate together before the game.

Fair enough.

Although if I got to a ground and was told that I can either stand around in a car park drinking cans or go and sit in a nearby pub with Sky etc...

Well, it's a no brainer really.

EDIT: Obviously I'm talking about pre-match, half-time drinking is a different issue.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2007, 02:51:07 PM by Jimmy Hill »
WTF why do you need some sort of drug to have a good time at a party ffs

Ashley Alty

« Reply #26 on: January 15, 2007, 02:53:54 PM »

Good idea,

The Canvey Island one was provided by the supporters club for away supporters use.  It was tucked away behind another building and was brightly decorated with a telly.

Perhaps something to consider for next season?

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 15, 2007, 02:57:19 PM »

It could be accomdated in the moss lane corner of the away end, clear some of the sh*te cluttering the place up near the old toilets and crane it in over the wall, bobs your uncle.The costs might be expensive, but you would more than make your money back in under a season.
Visits of Aldershot,Burton,Exeter,Halifax,Morecambe,Northwich,Oxford,York, to mention just a few would see a a decent amount of money generated for the club especially at half time, where there is really scope for improvement.

altrincham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 15, 2007, 02:58:37 PM »

Not untypical of me to be thinking of food but if this idea does come off there ought to be a wide selection of crisps and nuts available too. It might sound stupid but we haven't had home attendances like this on a regular basis for nearly 20 years and we need to maximise the income gained from it. We have the cheapest entrance prices in the league so away fans are going to have a few extra bob in their back pockets for their programmes and a beer.

It's also worth noting that City are playing away (Portsmouth & Middlesboro respectively) on these dates so perhaps it would be a good game to try a similar initiative to the one piloted against Weymouth. City season ticket holders would be able to come to the game at a slightly reduced rate if they contacted the club by email beforehand. These are massive games and a big cup game atmosphere is required to cheer the lads on.

Thats a good idea about the City season ticket holders, there seems to be alot of City fans at Moss Lane and this could work well.

Red N White Dynamite

« Reply #29 on: January 15, 2007, 03:00:17 PM »

Next season is fine but why wait that long? If a place could be found for a portakabin or other such temporary structure and it can be obtained at a reasonable price it needs doing asap. If the club likes the idea and knows a place where it could go all I need is a rough size and I will gladly ring around some companies myself. I just think this needs running by the club first because if the club cannot facilitate such an idea then it's pointless taking it any further. If it all comes to nothing at least we can say we all tried our best.

"He who dares Rodney!"
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Bar arrangements for York and Oxford games