PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Bar arrangements for York and Oxford games
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Bar arrangements for York and Oxford games  (Read 18756 times)

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Bar arrangements for York and Oxford games
« Reply #30 on: January 15, 2007, 03:03:39 PM »

hear hear

Red N White Dynamite

« Reply #31 on: January 15, 2007, 03:05:15 PM »

It's been mentioned here that Canvey's supporters club arranged the one at their ground.

Is anyone from STAR able to suggest ways of making this idea work? This away bar idea has been spoken about many times but it needs doing as quickly as possible.

UkrainianPhil

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 15, 2007, 03:11:33 PM »

You'd be surprised how lazy some people are. If their coach parks up outside a place selling beer and match programmes why wouldn't they come in? The only thing missing would be a television but that is completely unfeasible. If it was done in the car park it is also possible that pass outs could be issued allowing people to drink at half time. This is where I feel we're missing out because away fans cannot have a pint at half time at Moss Lane. I'm sure there would be plenty of interest if it were an option.

I think, apart from the laziness, York fans are the kind of bunch who would prefer to be spending money that they know is going to Altrincham FC for the simple reason that we are also the type of club these days who need every single penny over the bar. In the past few years we have all suddenly become very aware of spending matchday money in the right places. Not long ago I wouldn't have gone into our Social Club on a matchday and would have gone to a pub instead, but now I do because I know the club needs my beer money.

As far as half-time is concerned, we are no longer allowed a drink at half-time at KitKat Crescent (much to the annoyance of people like me who love a beer whilst laughing at the Leeds/Scarborough scores on Sky in the club) and most fans have pretty much got used to it. Of course it's money down the drain but, with the size of the following we should bring, it would be a ballache to get served in any case, so a lot wouldn't bother.

As long as we can squeeze in to the club before and after the game I don't think anyone will be that fussed. I would rather have a decent beer in a nice warm clubhouse with a few Alty than stand in a makeshift shed in the "away end" in a "new stadium" where the beer tastes of piss. You may have heard of such a club, they are just down the road from you!

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 15, 2007, 03:31:32 PM »

I thought draught beer tasting of piss was part of conference regulations that all sides social clubs had to stricly adhere to.

Red N White Dynamite

« Reply #34 on: January 15, 2007, 03:37:12 PM »

Yeah but at the Victoria Sh*thole they serve it in a green and white pot.

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #35 on: January 15, 2007, 03:38:07 PM »

Is that so you can have a drink and then when finished can have a p*ss ?

Red N White Dynamite

« Reply #36 on: January 15, 2007, 03:41:55 PM »

Abso-bloody-exactly!

johnford a.c.s.

« Reply #37 on: January 15, 2007, 03:53:47 PM »

just a thought who would u get 2 steward this arrangement if it got the go ahead seeing that we only have 18 stewards on the books and dont forget the no drinks in the ground or in front of the pitch policy then u would have the problem of halve time.

though i am all for the club having the revenue god knows we need it though i now know how it could work but we would loss part of the car park and would need plastic glasses.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2007, 03:58:25 PM by johnford a.c.s. »

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 15, 2007, 04:03:37 PM »

plastic cups are pennies, rileys for parking as i said, stewarding just requires man on the gate letting out and handing bar passes and man on the turnstile accepting passes back. then two on the front of the marquee, for games of this magnitude do we not need a police presense anyway? i'm sure theres a willing group who would man the bar for the half time and the pre match drinks. instead of poo pooing this we should look into it, with the grace of the club obviously.

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 15, 2007, 04:26:42 PM »

LongsdenJr

I don't see anybody poo pooing this idea, in fact far from it.

What I  do see is the Assistant Chief Steward asking what seems a very valid question so here are some more that I am asking myself before contacting the Club over this idea.

Does the current License allow the sale of Alcohol outside the Noel White Suite and more particularly outside the ground which would be the case if the marquee in the car park model was followed?

Would the licensees be happy with this proposal ?- I don't see anyone having taken their views into account

What would the views of the Local Authority, GMP and the local residents be to this proposal?

Would your 'volunteers' be the ones who had to try to control the away spectators who wanted to go walkabout with their drinks, take them into the gound etc. or would that task fall to the regular stewards (oops yes they're volunteers too!!)

Would your self same volunteers be prepared to miss what could be a substantial proportion of the match to undertake these duties.

I'm not poo pooing the idea as you so poetically phrase it but please try to remember that there is a hell of a lot or organisation required to deal with crowds such as those we anticipate from York and Oxford PLUS the additional complications caused by the potential reverberations from the Oxford away fixture.

We all want what's best for the Club but sometimes 'less is more' if you get my drift

Regards

Phil

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 15, 2007, 04:30:19 PM »

I think you're right, Phil.  The idea is great but the logistics would be tricky and I do fear there would be an increased potential for trouble.

The best long term solution is for the current bar to be extended with a proper street entrance. 

Red N White Dynamite

« Reply #41 on: January 15, 2007, 04:35:58 PM »

It does require a lot of organisation that's for certain. However, even if it takes a lot of liaison between the football club and all volunteers associated with it this is a worthwhile venture and one that should really be taken seriously. If we can't have something in place in time for the York/Oxford games then so be it, but at least let's start the ball rolling and investigate every possibility. Phil has made some very pertinent comments and this is good because we now have agood idea of the things which must be considered. I think we need more information at this stage regarding the license currently held by the club and how easy it would be to obtain some form of extended license if required.

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #42 on: January 15, 2007, 04:38:58 PM »

This could sound silly but it could also do with someone approaching the club if you are serous ? You are assuming the club would welcome this idea ? maybe they have reasons to why they may not like the idea ?

Again I'm not poo pooing, just that I think it would be a nightmare to organise and from what limited things I know just not possible, but if people want to pursue it then so be and good luck to you.

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 15, 2007, 04:40:22 PM »

Phil,

perhaps poo pooing was the wrong way to put it, more pessimistic.

if we dismiss it before we look into it then it is us biting off our noses to spite our faces.

we would need to get the go ahead to look into it from the club before approaching the licensing authorities, councip, GMP, and locals.

i would personally be up for helping out on say oxford or york as a trial and i'm sure there are a few others who would, for the good of the club, give it a go.

i appreciate there are implications to be looked into and lots of questioned to be asked, but i feel they should be asked in a matter of course so we should be inquiring into things with the above authorities while looking into volunteers and who would be willing to help. then looking into getting beer and a marquee and the other things. if the club were willing i would be happy to make in roads into the subject but without a little vision we could pull this off

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 15, 2007, 04:41:51 PM »

This could sound silly but it could also do with someone approaching the club if you are serous ? You are assuming the club would welcome this idea ? maybe they have reasons to why they may not like the idea ?

Again I'm not poo pooing, just that I think it would be a nightmare to organise and from what limited things I know just not possible, but if people want to pursue it then so be and good luck to you.
agreed gaz, will be able to pop in on thurs and have a word with someone if the lub say flatly no then ok no worries but surely a few inquiries would not be un welcome
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Bar arrangements for York and Oxford games