News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 You couldn't make it up part #923

Author Topic: You couldn't make it up part #923  (Read 1447 times)

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: May 06, 2010, 09:50:39 PM »

Confirmation of Hayes and Yeading United's plans to go full time, reported yesterday, are confirmed by the Uxbridge Gazette. "Hayes & Yeading United have let 11 players go as manager Garry Haylock starts to reshape his squad for next season... Danny Allen-Page, one of several casualties of the mass cull, says he is not surprised Haylock has wielded the axe to so many of last season's squad. He also revealed the club's desire to go full-time, despite Haylock recently telling the Gazette that the club's current infrastructure would make it difficult.
Said the right-back, 26, 'They want to go full-time eventually and I have commitments outside of football (running his own personal training business). Garry wants things to be more professional and wants to go down the full-time route, which I would not be able to commit to. There will be a lot of new faces at the club next season, definitely. He is having a big shake-up at the club as Garry is always trying to push the bar higher'...

Midfielder Toby Little said, 'Garry had told me to come back and see how it goes... I think he will keep the spine of the squad as we have a good young base to build on'”.

FFS, you get about 300 at home!!!
Come on Alty!

taxi Phil

Re: You couldn't make it up part #923
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2010, 10:00:12 PM »

I was quite happy for H&Y when they overachieved this season.

I shall be less happy when they overreach next season.

Bath Alty

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2010, 10:05:41 PM »

I'm more amazed by Gateshead.  They have offered full time terms to 15 of the squad that nearly got relegated - that's 15 plus 7 more players expected to come in.  We can't afford that many part time players on part time wages and bigger gates.  Absolute madness.  I predict a Gateshead vs Hayes and Yeading final for next years AGM cup

markecky

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2010, 10:53:04 PM »

Its just tragic.  Didnt they get 232 for a game last year?  That wouldn't pay for the lights and the butties FFS

What is wrong with these people?
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team