News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 "Super" 12?

Author Topic: "Super" 12?  (Read 3737 times)

JonnyKeen

"Super" 12?
« on: May 24, 2010, 05:30:01 PM »

In an attempt to increase the standard the Welsh Premier have re formatted the league. However in doing so they have
1) Eliminated most of the league's derby games as most teams are now far apart.
2) Relegated one of their most highly supported, and two time champions teams, Rhyll.
3) Failed to inform the teams of how the new league will be formatted, and how many games they will be playing.

http://www.welsh-premier.com/index.php/headline-news/2175-welsh-premier-will-be-anything-but-super

Who runs these things?  ???

Bangor on Dee Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: "Super" 12?
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2010, 06:32:36 PM »

Crazy  ;D although it will save the players travelling from Manchester and Liverpool to kick lumps out of each other ! ps anyone remember Andy Reid "gentle brush" with Robert's nose mid 90's at Colwyn Bay, quality  ::)

fuertes

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2010, 06:40:05 PM »

What kind of crowds do they get in the Welsh Premier? I seem to remember them being pretty low. Mind you, I suppose it's affected by Cardiff, Swansea, Wrexham and Newport plying their trade in the English system.

I always think the Welsh and Northern Irish leagues should be comparable, but while Linfield and Glentoran can average 2,000+ and get 10,000 for a derby, everyone in Wales seems to get sub 1,000.

Bangor on Dee Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2010, 06:43:52 PM »

Nearest clubs to me are Cefn Druids who average about 80-100 and New Saints (Oswestry in England of cource !) who get 300-400 on a good day. Its north-west counties standard now after Ken McKenna's TNS raised the bar for a few seasons.

Dougals Dad

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2010, 06:56:19 PM »

I wonder of Kenny Mac knows of any good players at Rhyl who don't want to drop a level!

Altyroo

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2010, 07:21:29 PM »

Rhyl averaged between 300-400. Biggest crowd was obviously against Prestatyn when over 1000 turned up. Of course last season they also got a huge crowd of over 1000 when the played Partizan Belgrade in the Champs League Qualifying round.
They were relegated for financial reasons as they actually finished 6th in the league.

Dougals Dad

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2010, 07:23:46 PM »

The first sponsor of the Welsh league was Konika - the Konika League of Wales, so the league was soon dubbed the "Comical League of Wales!"
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 "Super" 12?