PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Noel White & Peter Swales
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Noel White & Peter Swales  (Read 6841 times)

JackSwindells No 1 Fan

Re: Noel White & Peter Swales
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2010, 10:09:31 PM »

Noel has been one of the most brilliant Alty fans and quite simply should be recognised a a collossus in the English game. A man of passion and very high morals.  Why he hasn't recevied an OBE or something I just don't know.

He knew my late Dad back in the 30's and they used to play together in the Brown St, Bold St, Byrom St area of Hale, not far from where Peter Swales used to have an office also.

When my Dad left us in 2003, he was on the 'phone to me for nearly an hour the minute he read Dad's obituary in the paper. A great friend.

Lots of folk didn't like Peter Swales, but he really cared about the game. They were an awesome partnership. In these days they would have driven Alty into the league and upwards had they had the benefit of the cash that slops around in the game now. Noel assembled a brilliant board, nearly 10 of them at one point, and each had their own job to do. It was a team off the picth that was at least as good as the one on the pitch from 1972 to 1980.

We really should campaign (write to Cameron & Co.) to get Noel the recognition he deserves.

Nasha

• Regular First Team
  • Rocky
    • View Profile
Re: Noel White & Peter Swales
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2010, 10:41:51 PM »

My Dad bought his first record from White & Swales (it was a Beatles one,but can't for my life remember which one), and it was from the shop he got into the club, and ended up going most Saturday nights to the Red Robin Club.

So my dad had Noel to thank of getting into the football club, which in turn got me onto it. If only he hadn't got that bloody record  :D
'Life isn't fair.If is was,it would be called fair.But it's not.It's called life'

Tony Adams after Euro 96
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Noel White & Peter Swales