PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Charlie Bradshaw
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Charlie Bradshaw  (Read 14469 times)

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Charlie Bradshaw
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2010, 06:24:12 PM »

Rip Charlie no age to go at
ParkINson's red and white army

roytonmike

« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2010, 06:43:17 PM »

Dreadful news. RIP Charlie.

RobbyD

« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2010, 09:53:48 PM »

Cheers for all kind comments... its choking me up reading them as much as it did hearing that Charlie had died. 

Charlie was loved by so many people involved in football in Huddersfield and was a real hero to me.

I'm planning to write a piece about him for the AFC Emley v Hudds Town friendly programme - hope you don't mind if i quote one or two of you in it - we normally get a couple of thousand up for that game and i want them all to remember him.

You know it took me a long time to forgive Alty for taking Gerry Quinn and all our best players (Bradshaw, Tunnacliffe, Carmody etc) all those years back i'm just glad you appreciated them as much as we did.

All the best from all of us up at the Welfare Ground.

Dougals Dad

« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2010, 10:49:24 PM »

I think it is a lovely thought if you write the article about him. I am certain none of us would be unhappy for you to put a quote or 2 in if it shows the affection we hold for Charlie.

markecky

« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2010, 10:58:20 PM »

Cheers for all kind comments... its choking me up reading them as much as it did hearing that Charlie had died. 

Charlie was loved by so many people involved in football in Huddersfield and was a real hero to me.

I'm planning to write a piece about him for the AFC Emley v Hudds Town friendly programme - hope you don't mind if i quote one or two of you in it - we normally get a couple of thousand up for that game and i want them all to remember him.

You know it took me a long time to forgive Alty for taking Gerry Quinn and all our best players (Bradshaw, Tunnacliffe, Carmody etc) all those years back i'm just glad you appreciated them as much as we did.

All the best from all of us up at the Welfare Ground.

It would be great if you used some.

I suppose it must have been bloody annoying when Gerry left and took the team with him.  Although he did apply..he wasn't poached!

Looking back you must have had a great team..

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2010, 12:18:58 AM »

The legend lives on...!

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Jezza

« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2010, 08:44:42 AM »

I don't think it was taking Gerry Quinn that upset Emley as much as Gerry bringing all them players with him....I think Gerry is remembered quite fondly by most Alty fans and that we acknowldge the fact he wasn't given much money to work with culminating in a disastrous end with that cup game featuring the strange brothers.....

But thanks for letting us know about Charlie and I'm sure many of us would be intrested in your article.

taxi Phil

« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2010, 09:19:11 AM »

I think it is a lovely thought if you write the article about him. I am certain none of us would be unhappy for you to put a quote or 2 in if it shows the affection we hold for Charlie.

If you can post it on here, we'd all like to read it I'm sure. Thanks again for thinking to let us have the news of Charlie's passing.

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2010, 10:16:39 AM »

Can the various historians at the club correct me if I am wrong but if my memory serves, I am sure it was Charlie Bradshaw that laid the ball off for Clive to hit that screamer against Chester in the FA Cup.

Charlie was a great character both on and off the pitch and we are all very sorry to hear of his sad death.

Robby D thanks very much for letting us know, we really appreciate it. He and many of Gerry's team became great servants at the club and he brought several good players who gave us many fond memories, I am sorry it was at Emley's cost. Frannie, Carmo, Ricky H, Clive and not least Charlie Bradshaw.

Perhaps you could send this thread to Charlie's family, as he is obviously still held in high regard and people at Alty never forget the players from the past.

Rest in peace Charlie, and my condolences to you and your family

Steve from Sale

Dougals Dad

« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2010, 01:27:53 PM »

Can the various historians at the club correct me if I am wrong but if my memory serves, I am sure it was Charlie Bradshaw that laid the ball off for Clive to hit that screamer against Chester in the FA Cup.

Charlie was a great character both on and off the pitch and we are all very sorry to hear of his sad death.

Robby D thanks very much for letting us know, we really appreciate it. He and many of Gerry's team became great servants at the club and he brought several good players who gave us many fond memories, I am sorry it was at Emley's cost. Frannie, Carmo, Ricky H, Clive and not least Charlie Bradshaw.

Perhaps you could send this thread to Charlie's family, as he is obviously still held in high regard and people at Alty never forget the players from the past.

Steve from Sale

It was!

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 31, 2010, 04:12:52 PM »

Steve from Sale

RIP Charlie and this is the match you are talking about
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxCD1D2I8cQ
@AltyDaz

JonnyKeen

« Reply #26 on: May 31, 2010, 05:21:41 PM »

HE played for Alty before I was even born but it shows what an eye catching player he is when

A) I commented on the Chester video asking about him

and

B) Someone did a thread on here asking who the number 14 was.

looked like a great player RIP.

York Alty

« Reply #27 on: June 03, 2010, 10:51:10 PM »

Charlie,

Look after yourself.  A sad sad day.

I remember him playing for us, the Chester game with Clive Freemans goal is a super memory, & Charlie...you made it happen.

Good man.

Altyroo

« Reply #28 on: June 03, 2010, 11:57:20 PM »

Awful news.
R.I.P. Charlie.
Our thourghts go to his family.

RobbyD

« Reply #29 on: June 05, 2010, 05:43:21 PM »

Thanks again for all the comments.  Have been away on hols for the last week so sorry for the delay in replying.

Will post the piece on here once its done. 

Re: earlier posts there is no hard feelings at all - i know Gerry wasn't poached - he was just ready for another challenge.   Gerry's son Paul is now making a name for himself as player manager at Huddersfield Irish and got them to the quarter finals of the FA Sunday Cup - he's still in his 20's so watch out for him!

Tunnah is still remembered well up here at Emley too.  We have had a string of short centre forwards here and every time a cross goes sailing over unconverted his name is always mentioned as the man who would have put it in the net.

Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Charlie Bradshaw