PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 world cup fantasy football
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: world cup fantasy football  (Read 7225 times)

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: world cup fantasy football
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2010, 06:19:07 PM »

I taught david pleat everything he knows :)

Not everything I hope!  :o

OldhamAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2010, 06:40:51 PM »

I'm in, anyone else pick the fringe players through, "cool sounding names"

fuertes

« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2010, 08:22:53 PM »

I taught david pleat everything he knows :)

Not everything I hope!  :o

Well whoever taught him how to maintain a career despite being unable to pronounce any vaguely complicated words, having a pretty poor knowledge of the game, not to mention being a known kerb-crawler, has got to be the greatest advisor in the history of the world ever.

York Alty

« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2010, 09:57:58 PM »

David Pleat knows nothing.  He shows his ignorance and lack of respect by referring to "Manchester" insteaed of "Manchester United", as if City don't exist.  A convicted kerb-crawler.  I don't watch, read or listen to the pundits very much but I remember him being a 'yes' man.  How that man is employed to do any job other than clean the bogs is beyond me.  Claridge is another one in the same ilk, but he does have the weight of years of playing the game recently to support what he says.

Pleat, get on the ferry and chuck yoursef overboard.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2010, 10:39:21 PM »

I've entered and I fully expect to do terribly!  :D
Come on Alty!

finnquark

« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2010, 01:30:49 AM »

David Pleat is actually a very knowledgeable pundit if you bother to read his tactical analysis in the Guardian. He knows lots about football other than the UK too - alright he maybe isn't as polished as others but I prefer hom to Graham Taylor, who answers any tactical question with "err... they have to run faster, try harder, play better, etc.."

bighairedmike

« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2010, 02:48:27 AM »

David Pleat is actually a very knowledgeable pundit if you bother to read his tactical analysis in the Guardian. He knows lots about football other than the UK too - alright he maybe isn't as polished as others but I prefer hom to Graham Taylor, who answers any tactical question with "err... they have to run faster, try harder, play better, etc.."

That is the biggest pile of horsesh*t i have ever read. It's like saying Phil McNulty is a very knowledgeable guy in his field when he is, in fact, an absolute pillock that knows very little about what he pretends to know about. One of the many problems with David Pleat is the fact that he knows very little about football apart from "err... they have to run faster, try harder, play better, etc.." and thinks he knows a lot about all levels of football. The Barcelona match that he commentated on when he screamed the words "Header" and "Chance" or something along those lines when Henry (?) could have equalised with a header in the 93rd minute or so proved his uselessness. And the thing is he quotes useless facts, remenisces on the "good old days" and pays no attention to what is going on now and that, to me, is a poor pundit. =]

****This was possibly not Davis Pleat, may have been that other geezer that is alsosss a mong. =] ****

fuertes

« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2010, 09:31:45 AM »

That is the biggest pile of horsesh*t i have ever read. It's like saying Phil McNulty is a very knowledgeable guy in his field when he is, in fact, an absolute pillock that knows very little about what he pretends to know about. One of the many problems with David Pleat is the fact that he knows very little about football apart from "err... they have to run faster, try harder, play better, etc.." and thinks he knows a lot about all levels of football. The Barcelona match that he commentated on when he screamed the words "Header" and "Chance" or something along those lines when Henry (?) could have equalised with a header in the 93rd minute or so proved his uselessness. And the thing is he quotes useless facts, remenisces on the "good old days" and pays no attention to what is going on now and that, to me, is a poor pundit. =]

****This was possibly not Davis Pleat, may have been that other geezer that is alsosss a mong. =] ****

Did you write this after a few ales?  :D

As it happens I agree with most of the sentiments. The only tactical stuff Pleat comes out with is blindingly obvious to anyone other than the morons who resort to "get hold of 'em" when things aren't going well. You know, stuff like "If they play a flat-back four the wingers will have to get back in order to give protection, whereas if they go for wing-backs the centre-halves can come wide and the sweeper covers". Everyone already knows that kind of stuff. His other pearl of wisdom seems to be suggesting man-marking the best player on the opposite team. What a novel concept!

The only man on a par with him at the minute is Claridge. f**king hell he's annoying. His insistence that Gerrard and Lampard are a good central midfield pairing is baffling. Where has he been for the last 6 years when they've repeatedly played abysmally together!?

York Alty

« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2010, 11:35:01 PM »

The only man on a par with him at the minute is Claridge. f**king hell he's annoying. His insistence that Gerrard and Lampard are a good central midfield pairing is baffling. Where has he been for the last 6 years when they've repeatedly played abysmally together!?

Claridge is a tosspot.  I regret trying to defend him now!  I reckon he's blackmailing the BBC as surely there is no other reason he is on radio & TV.  I do have to give some credence in that he played recently, but even that is lessened by his journeyman career as a player - never settling down apart from maybe leicester City where the man is worshipped as a demi-god.  His attempts at management have been utterly abysmal. His driving conviction list is long and depressingly repetitive (7 times he's been done for speeding for fecks sake).  The man simply does not learn. He cannot learn, he's too thick.

If Pleat has got a spare ferry ticket he can take Claridge along. I'll provide the bricks.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2010, 11:41:12 PM by York Alty »

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #24 on: June 10, 2010, 04:36:36 PM »

Ever since Clarridge was so confident before the Trophy match and dissmissive of everyone else i have thought he was a clueless prick.... He brings nothing to any commentary and is just a money grabbing, gobby, clueless half wit. .

fuertes

« Reply #25 on: June 15, 2010, 10:27:10 AM »

Big day for Inter Golf Road. Couple of Brazilians in there who need to boost my lowly score.

It's the turn of my Spaniards tomorrow  :)

jamestimperleyrobin

« Reply #26 on: June 15, 2010, 09:36:22 PM »

J.Proctor W.C. Gold!, 3rd, would be 1st if it wasn't for forgetting those vital substitutions! :S

Bath Alty

« Reply #27 on: June 15, 2010, 11:17:59 PM »

Talking of substitution errors I left a goal scorer in the Brazil game on the bench.  :-[

Having picked a goal scoring North Korean fancy not having faith in him.....

finnquark

« Reply #28 on: June 15, 2010, 11:47:55 PM »

I didn't realise some people disliked Pleat as much as this. I guess it is a matter of opinion. I think there isn't much wrong with shouting chance when someone has a chance though - what else should he say? Nothing? Ayway read his reports if you get a chance, I think they're a little helpful. And I don't think he does appeal to the simplistic armchair tactician either.

dopamine

« Reply #29 on: July 12, 2010, 01:27:24 PM »

VICTORY  :D  Just had to say it...
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 world cup fantasy football