Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Shaun Densmore being trailed by newly promoted north west seaside town team.....
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Shaun Densmore being trailed by newly promoted north west seaside town team.....  (Read 14130 times)

Cheadle Hulme Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

........and it's not Fleetwood!!!!!!! Report in the People today says Ian Holloway is trailing Shaun for Blackpool. Well you couldn't deny the lad that opportunity could you but at least we should get some cash.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile

just read that one  surely it would involve a lot of money if hes now on contract

markecky

Is it just me who thinks he is nowhere near ready for that?

lukealty12

If this was true, how much would you think he'd be worth?

casper

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

........and it's not Fleetwood!!!!!!! Report in the People today says Ian Holloway is trailing Shaun for Blackpool. Well you couldn't deny the lad that opportunity could you but at least we should get some cash.

From the same paper that said he was going to sign for Preston in 2008 afte being released from everton.

Would presume he would be on a contract with us, and we would get a fair wedge, plus a decent sell on clause anyhow.

Probably isnt, would need a season or two in league one and championship to be fair. Something that Shotton seems to have done quite well.

jimmyhank

No Ecky, you are not alone. He's a good player but The Premiership? Good luck to him but I don't think so.

lukealty12

Maybe there signing him to then loan out as a prospect for the future?

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

I believe that, when he was at Everton, he was more highly regarded than Jack Rodwell or Dan Gosling until he got injured

bigcol

Interesting - it has now raised his profile so even if Blackpool don't sign him, others will want to take a look.  Nice to see him mentioned in the same sentence as someone from another Trafford club.  It will raise our profile too indirectly.

Then again, Holloway does have a rep for doing slightly odd things.

Mixed feelings, I think we've been cherry-picked enough this pre-season.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

If, and this is a big "if", Blackpool did come in for Shaun and the money they offered us was considerable, just think of the difference it might make to our club next season. It could allow the playing budget to be increased if we were really lucky.

I'm not saying it's likely to happen, it most probably won't, but aren't these the kind of "miracles" that clubs like ours crave every once in a while?
« Last Edit: June 06, 2010, 11:32:00 PM by ALTY 1981 »
Come on Alty!

Jacko

As he's a defender I wouldn't expect much, how much is our biggest transfer fee incidentally?

Ellison?

Dougals Dad

As he's a defender I wouldn't expect much, how much is our biggest transfer fee incidentally?

Ellison?

I'm not sure, but I think the biggest was the sell-on for Ian Craney.

Good luck to Shaun if Blackpool buy him.

Jacko

Blimey if he goes gh has an impossible job as some people's expetations are very high after last season

mikeford2005

Blimey if he goes gh has an impossible job as some people's expetations are very high after last season

I think you're jumping the gun far too much here Jacko, IMO Twiss has the potential to be better than Senior, and if his confidence is high, the potential to be one of the highest scorers in the league. Ok, we have to replace Youngy, but we have the money he was on available so should be able to get someone similar. If Shaun goes it'll be for serious money and we'll have no problem in getting someone in more than capable of the job.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Shaun Densmore being trailed by newly promoted north west seaside town team.....