Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Shaun Densmore being trailed by newly promoted north west seaside town team.....
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Shaun Densmore being trailed by newly promoted north west seaside town team.....  (Read 14081 times)

Jacko

Blimey if he goes gh has an impossible job as some people's expetations are very high after last season

I think you're jumping the gun far too much here Jacko, IMO Twiss has the potential to be better than Senior, and if his confidence is high, the potential to be one of the highest scorers in the league. Ok, we have to replace Youngy, but we have the money he was on available so should be able to get someone similar. If Shaun goes it'll be for serious money and we'll have no problem in getting someone in more than capable of the job.
not sure about potential as twiss is about 33 or will be when the season starts, I see him as a replacement for little not senior, do u really think we can get a player of youngys quality just like that? It takes time, same with shuan, it's not all doom and gloom I know but each player that leaves us then goes with it a lot of hard work and time to build a solid team:(
« Last Edit: June 07, 2010, 07:24:55 AM by Jacko »

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

To be honest I do not think that Sean is Premiership standard by any measure, (no offence Sean). Having said that, I do think he is capable of playing at a much higher level.
However, if Mr Holloway was to make a good offer for him I do think that Alty should seriously consider it as the money would make a vast difference to the club and could just be the financial injection that we have been looking for..

Stu Coburn for a late call up for S. Africa anyone?

;)

ArmchairAlty

I don't think Sean is Prem standard, but by all means if it means a massive injection of funds to the club then bring it on.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

If blackpool want to pay say £50k or so for shaun,then that wud be great for all parties involved,we MUST insist on a sell on clause in any deal though,if shaun does go and with premiership coaching recaptures what made him so well thought of at everton,we need to be in a position to have a slice of the £3.7m dream move back to everton in a couple of seasons....

fuertes

Doubt he could make the step-up immediately, but he's certainly got the potential to be a good player. Sometimes I think the leap in class is exaggerated. There are plenty of players who come through the ranks at a Prem club, look okay but unspectacular and are moved on, have a brief spell in L1, look unspectacular and move on, then end up in Conference where they look quite good. It's not like Shaun would be ripped a new arsehole by any Premier League left-winger, he'd just be exposed occasionally. He might get fully up to scratch with coaching and experience.

Anyway, I'm happy if he stays, but a fee + sell-on would be marvellous if he went.

Dougals Dad

The question Blackpool will have asked themselves is: How good will he be with full time training and coaching?

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile

I think a sell on clause would be a poor move, as he would be joining a premiership club, he is more likely to be sold on to a smaller club for a negligable fee and we would lose out (as with kevin ellison). much more attractive should be a senior appearance fee for playing 1 then 10 senior games for the club.  We only lose out big style if he becomes a superb premiership team and a bigger prem team want him.  I like him but unlikely
Bernard Taylors barmy army

Dougals Dad

See main site; both GH & Shaun have no knowledge of any approach by Blackpool.

fuertes

I think a sell on clause would be a poor move, as he would be joining a premiership club, he is more likely to be sold on to a smaller club for a negligable fee and we would lose out (as with kevin ellison). much more attractive should be a senior appearance fee for playing 1 then 10 senior games for the club.  We only lose out big style if he becomes a superb premiership team and a bigger prem team want him.  I like him but unlikely

You might be right, but then there's a fair chance Blackpool will be relegated in the next couple of seasons. If he does well, a Premier League side might take him off Blackpool's hands.

All highly doubtful of course, you'd have thought they'd approach him before he agreed to sign on at Alty for another year if they were going to make a move.

York Alty

only one manager has sold a BSP/conference player to a premier league club.  One.  Mark Ward who sold Kevin Ellison to Leicester, Kevin played for LCFC at old traffford for I think 37 minutes.  It didn't work out for Kevin there and being fair to all parties the same would happen to Shaun.  It's just too big a gulf.

I'm putting this one in the "paper talk" department.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

only one manager has sold a BSP/conference player to a premier league club.  One.  Mark Ward who sold Kevin Ellison to Leicester, Kevin played for LCFC at old traffford for I think 37 minutes.  It didn't work out for Kevin there and being fair to all parties the same would happen to Shaun.  It's just too big a gulf.

Strictly speaking, that's not true. We were actually back in the Unibond League when Kevin Ellison signed for Leicester, therefore making it even more impressive!  :)
Come on Alty!

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

You have to remember in what esteem Shaun was held at Everton pre injury... It is very different to Kevin Ellison and I, for one, think that with full time training and playing with better players than you will have any expectation to find at Conference level he could, with luck and hard work, make a very capable professional at Championship level if not the Prem

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

See main site; both GH & Shaun have no knowledge of any approach by Blackpool.

Surely all hypothetical since (as pointed out by JD) the lad who's currently on 'trial' knows nothing about it and neither does his manager.

From a scouting pointing of view, I would expect most Prem / Championship sides to be pretty clued up about most lower league players, especially those players who are relatively local to them. Therefore why would any club allow an out of contract player / non-contract player to sign a contract if they intended to 'trial' them in June?

There are also plenty of 'double dealing' underhand footballing agents out there as well who make it their business to make sure the big clubs fleece the small clubs by getting players on a 'free'. I bet there are plenty of them hanging around the England C dressing rooms looking to make a quick buck.

I might be wrong, but surely this whole thing is complete nonsense.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2010, 12:58:52 AM by Mick »
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Densmore
« Reply #28 on: June 09, 2010, 07:46:52 AM »

I may be wrong but due to sean's age we would be due compensation if he left provided we had offered him equal or better terms. As such it's not a case of agents or clubs taking their eye off the ball as it makes no difference.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Densmore
« Reply #29 on: June 09, 2010, 07:51:39 AM »

Oh and i think some of us are confusing 'trailing' someone, i.e. keeping an eye on their progress with 'trialing' someone which is having them train with your club while you assess them. Only two letters but a world of difference. 
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Shaun Densmore being trailed by newly promoted north west seaside town team.....