Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Shaun Densmore being trailed by newly promoted north west seaside town team.....
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Shaun Densmore being trailed by newly promoted north west seaside town team.....  (Read 14082 times)

taxi Phil

Prior to Kevin Ellison, there were two Alty players who moved to top flight clubs. Frank Carrodus fetched the princely sum of £3000 when he went to Maine Road, and he had a successful top flight career with City and Villa.

Later, Tommy Docherty did his one good piece of business for us when he sold Paul Edwards. I don't remember where he went initially, but we got a big payday when he moved on to Coventry City. Anyone put more meat on the bones of this one for a) younger readers who've not seen it before, and
                                                                                    b) old gits like me with dodgy memories !

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

Paul Edwards initially went to Crewe then moved on to Coventry. We picked up a percentage of the second fee as well as the first.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

True

But only because the Crewe Secretary at the time asked us whether we'd forgotten the sell on clause

seasonticket

Joe Kennedy went to West Brom (then 1st division I think) about 1948 or thereabouts. Don't know if we got a fee. I was about seven or eight years old at the time. In those day we would probably only get about ten quid anyway.

Dougals Dad

Did we ever get a fee for the other Paul Edwards - now left back at Barrow - who went to Wrexham then in the 3rd tier of football?

Kingys Beard

Joe Kennedy's transfer to West Brom presumably involved a few bob, since the club built the wall along Golf road on the proceeds.  Back in the day they called it Kennedy's Wall I believe.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

Did we ever get a fee for the other Paul Edwards - now left back at Barrow - who went to Wrexham then in the 3rd tier of football?

It's not that Paul Edwards.

I think...

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

Ballers - it is precisely that Paul Edwards

joe

Was he the kid that used to play for us on day release from prison? Think he was a left winger who also had a spell at Oldham.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

Yeah,we gave him the opportunity to play football when he was inside,by taking a chance on him,but he got all big time and got an agent when he was released from chokey and wanted big money

Dougals Dad

Questions were raised in Parliament about him & Alty by Teddy Taylor, who was unhappy that a con was being given this chance and allowed apparent freedom.

whopper

This is my favourite alty thread ever, how times change!!

Jenga

It wouldnt surprise me if the paper mixed up Shaun Densmore and Damian Reeves.

York Alty

Questions were raised in Parliament about him & Alty by Teddy Taylor, who was unhappy that a con was being given this chance and allowed apparent freedom.

plenty of MPs and 'lords' caught for expenses fiddling, and other crimes are now very pleased indeed to get a second chance.  Sadly this rule even applies to Jeffry bloody Archer.

We have had a number of players who have done a bit of time, there a thread I think on that some years ago.

ben11

We cant not let him take this oppotunity but we need to get some cash for him so we can get a replacement
But where will we find a player as determined as him for our price range
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Shaun Densmore being trailed by newly promoted north west seaside town team.....