PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Alty Sign Damien Reeves..
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Alty Sign Damien Reeves..  (Read 12482 times)

joe

Re: Alty Sign Damien Reeves..
« Reply #30 on: June 27, 2010, 04:05:07 PM »

Nobody seems to have said well done to Graham and the Board for securing another signing of real potential quality. In my mind that's Chrissie and Colin replaced with players who have real potential to go and do good things for us.

Let me be the first to say, on this thread, thank you to Graham and the Board for securing what looks like another very good signing.

Not withstanding what may or may not have happened before, is this the season we restart the Graham Heathcote chants on the terraces?
I for one amongst others will never sing a Graham Heathcote song after he called the fans wankers during the Lewes match at Moss Lane. Welcome to the club Damien.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 27, 2010, 06:53:12 PM »

I'll be the first to ask...any idea what his wages will be?

More to the point, I guarantee that his wages will be in the bank when it's time to pay his bills.
Come on Alty!

Nasha

• Regular First Team
  • Rocky
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 27, 2010, 11:10:07 PM »

A great signing, was a handful when he was at Farsley. Hope to see Reeves/Twiss with Johnson behind with Clee and Denham on the wings. Looking like an attacking force again,just need to get that midfield sorted now.
'Life isn't fair.If is was,it would be called fair.But it's not.It's called life'

Tony Adams after Euro 96

fuertes

« Reply #33 on: June 28, 2010, 08:36:33 AM »

I for one amongst others will never sing a Graham Heathcote song after he called the fans wankers during the Lewes match at Moss Lane. Welcome to the club Damien.

In fairness, some fans were being wankers that day. And the 'Cote was proved right by the way he's managed the team since despite calls for him to be sacked. And when did football fans get so precious as to be really upset by a passionate bloke getting undue stick making a wanker sign??

I seem to recall there were a couple of Heathcote songs at the immensely enjoyable but ultimately pointless away day at Chester...

markecky

« Reply #34 on: June 28, 2010, 10:30:40 AM »

There have been songs for Graham last season, waves etc.  You make it sound like a there is a ban on them Radcliffe Alty. 

Not to my knowledge anyway  although it did take a while to repair the damage of that day for some people, and for some people it won't be repaired.

Its a free country, people can start any songs they like and people can choose to join in with which ever they like.

Anyway..Damian Reeves....

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #35 on: June 28, 2010, 10:35:17 AM »

Welcome to the family. Nice that Youngy spoke to highly of us... Hope you do the well at this great and proud football club..

and let me echo Ecky's line ...

Its a free country, people can start any songs they like and people can choose to join in with which ever they like.

If people started songs and everyone ignored then there would be a point but I have never known that to happen.. Sing up next season...

Dougals Dad

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 28, 2010, 06:27:13 PM »

Welcome to the club Damien  :)

(S)ALTY

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 06, 2010, 02:18:56 PM »

This thread is odd to read. How optimistic we all were   :'(

Top scorer with 7 goals in 10 starts ?

That not good enough ?

RageAgainstTheFirstTeam

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 06, 2010, 03:23:41 PM »

Oh sorry, didn't mean about Reeves, think he's a good player, mean about the season in general.
"You have to be something in life, so you might as well just be what you want." Keith Davey at Histon, 2012.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Alty Sign Damien Reeves..