PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 If I hear any one say...
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: If I hear any one say...  (Read 12398 times)

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
Re: If I hear any one say...
« Reply #30 on: January 22, 2007, 12:51:34 PM »

Thats not selection though, thats formation ?

I would like to have seen Little (Left) Oneil (centre) and Senior (Right) in a 3 prong attack against Woking. The midfield of Val, Lawton and Chalmers was one I would have trusted with that formation.

Trouserpress

« Reply #31 on: January 23, 2007, 12:37:46 AM »

I'm very sorry but is GH totally infallible? you'd have to think so reading the comments on here

I've been reading this forum since I moved up here and it seems that GH and the board are always right even when they're so bloody obviously not.

Get a life for f**k sake people , you're making yourselves and the club a total laughing stock with this Orwellesqe, almost Soviet or Maoist subservience to the party line and as for the entirely farcical suggestion that Geoff Goodwin be recognised by Trafford Council....Oh please, join the real world.

We have a small Football Club , fighting well above it's weight due to the incredible support it receives from the paying punter and nothing else, not the board, not the management..just the players and the fans

Jimmy Hill

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 23, 2007, 02:24:56 AM »

I'm very sorry but is GH totally infallible? you'd have to think so reading the comments on here

I've been reading this forum since I moved up here and it seems that GH and the board are always right even when they're so bloody obviously not.

I presume you missed all the debates regarding whether Joe O'Neill should have been picked every week? Or perhaps the discussions following every game about how the formation and selection of players should have been different? Or even the worry that we have a tendency to play too defensively away from home? Or even the criticism that Graham isn't proactive enough away from home when we go behind? And don't forget the constant issue regarding the left back situation.

Get a life for f**k sake people , you're making yourselves and the club a total laughing stock with this Orwellesqe, almost Soviet or Maoist subservience to the party line and as for the entirely farcical suggestion that Geoff Goodwin be recognised by Trafford Council....Oh please, join the real world.

Most discontention amongst fans is with regard to the ambition of a club. Often where the fans believe the club should be going and where the resources available to the club will allow them to go do not match up. The 'subservience' as you like to describe it is largely due to the fact that many, if not all of the fans, recognise the restrictions in place regarding finance. As it happens most people are content that the board are doing the best they can do in the circumstances. Would you prefer it if fans were to complain about the current situation just for the sake of it?

It's also untrue that the actions of the board never receive any criticism, there was rather a large debate on the merits of the free tickets for schools scheme not long ago. Has it crossed your mind that the reason the board don't get a lot of criticism is because they are doing quite a good job?

We have a small Football Club , fighting well above it's weight due to the incredible support it receives from the paying punter and nothing else, not the board, not the management..just the players and the fans

Would you care to back up the rather odd assertion that board and the management have nothing to do with the current situation of the club?

What an extremely odd thing to say.
WTF why do you need some sort of drug to have a good time at a party ffs

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 23, 2007, 08:39:08 AM »

erm ok so i'm going to do it yep yep definately desrves one so um.. here it comes

whoooosh!!!!!
Kelly rippered my friend!

Stockportalty

« Reply #34 on: January 23, 2007, 09:26:12 AM »

No doubt we all have our own views on decisions made by the Board and the Management. Life would be very boring if we did all agree, but I think everyone who has been around at this club for a good while will know that we are where we are because the current Board and Management have kept us on an even keel. If we had gone round spending money on players, putting them on big contracts, and all the other things other clubs seem to try doing to get themselves out of financial trouble, we would be in the Unibond league by now, probably starting with minus points. It would be lovely to think that there is someone out there with a pocket full of money who will come along and empty his pocket in our Board room, but as that has not happened over past years I am not sure it is not going to happen now either. So we deal with the situation as it stands now, and the decision making people make their decisions using the resources they have available to them. We all want the best for AFC so surely that is all we as fans can ask of them.

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #35 on: January 23, 2007, 10:18:27 AM »

Где Вы начинать с утверждения как этот. Неправильно по очень многим причинам и вероятно не ценность длинные параграфы ответа.

or

Where would you begin with a statement like that. Wrong for so many reasons and probably not worth the long paragraphs of reply.

ps: if we didn't have a board we wouldn't have a football club. Think about it.
pps: we haven't had a dissenting voice for a while have we ?
« Last Edit: January 23, 2007, 10:20:37 AM by gazwarrington »

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 23, 2007, 10:25:30 AM »

No, GH is not infallible, nor is the board.  Look at the criticisms the manager is getting at the moment. Both have done things I disagree with but, on the whole, they have done an excellent job. Maybe the bigger picture needs to be looked at.

And to say that what we have achieved is nothing to do with the board or management is very unfair.  I trust if things aren't going so well then the fans won't be to blame?

Altysmiffy

« Reply #37 on: January 23, 2007, 10:29:27 AM »

It would be wrong to talk down the impact of the board, especially when you compare to some of the boards (I particularly refer to certain men) over the last 20 years (here &, for that matter, at other clubs I could mention in the Conference).

Some ruin the club, some save them - I am glad we have the latter.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Quote from trouser press.
« Reply #38 on: January 23, 2007, 01:59:47 PM »

I won't spend too much time on the comment from Trouserpress because the statement made about the contribution of the Board and Management provides me with enough evidence to see that this person is either very naive, illformed or stupid (or all three).

Trouserpress, are the players / fans at the ground right now mowing the grass; stocking the bar, washing the kit, looking for a left back and finding new ways to pay the next electric bill ? No they are not; but you can bet that the management will be, fully supported by the Board, one of whom is walking to Northwich as I write to raise funds for the club and for a cancer charity.

"..........been on this forum since I moved up here"...............we would be interested to know which planet you moved here from !

You are entitled to your opinion, and I agree the Board and Management must listen to constructive critiscm from the fans, but on this occassion you are so wrong and owe them an apology.
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Unemployed Coalminer

« Reply #39 on: January 23, 2007, 02:05:53 PM »

The behind the scenes team at Altrincham is a long standing and dedicated group of people who are also fans of the club. Directors are also fans otherwise why would they bother. There's really nothing in it for them other than satisfaction and/or frustration depending on the day of the week or the direction the wind is blowing.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 If I hear any one say...