PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 If I hear any one say...
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: If I hear any one say...  (Read 12394 times)

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
If I hear any one say...
« on: January 20, 2007, 05:17:10 PM »

"were not going to win this year away from home, i just don;t see it coming"

again i swear they will be karma bombed from now untill the end of the season!! lol seriously though it'll come guys, woking are a good team, having not been there today due to sh*t wind breaking my roof i cant say how we played. So i won't make any assumptions like we deserved the win or we were battered, i will just keep the faith that this away win will comeand you guys should too!

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: If I hear any one say...
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2007, 05:24:11 PM »

Woking are hardly setting the Conference alight this year and their home record is not as good as Alty's.
Plus, didn't they have several injured players missing?

I had hoped that today would be the day that we finally broke this away curse.....but another opportunity has passed.

Very depressing.

(OK, karma bomb me then!)
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2007, 07:20:27 PM »

considering we were unbeaten in 4 conference games I am suprised gh did not start with an established line up?

I think Pat should be on the bench at least.

For me Thomson and little should have started.

Lets hope we do not have to wait until Northwiich for a victory.

The pressure is on again for a home win.

Altysmiffy

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2007, 07:36:59 PM »

"having not been there today due to sh*t wind breaking my roof......."

WHAT HAVE YOU BEEN EATING?????

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2007, 08:00:52 PM »

Let us not forget that Woking have also just spent some money getting new players in to improve their league position.

Saying that I wasn't impressed by them but they have now done the double over us scoring 5 goals in the process so they can't be as bad as I thought they were.

Senior looked ok, only small but isn't afraid of taking players on and having a shot. Thought O'Neill looked totally lost playing wide though.

Keep the faith everyone and full credit to those that made the trip to Woking (possibly our worst away support of the season), can we all please not give up and continue to support the team. I know people have money issues or family commitments but if your only reason is that you can't see us winning away then please re-consider what implications that has on the team. The team need you more than ever, they don't need you when they are winning they need you when they are finding it difficult. Lets continue to get behind them 100%

If you can get to the away games then please do and also consider getting the coach, this is a service that needs to be used or else we'll lose it.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2007, 08:04:59 PM by gazwarrington »

Jimmy Hill

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2007, 08:23:05 PM »

Some observations;

• O'Neill playing on the left just does not work, Rod should have started/played a bigger part
  • We need to improve our organisation in terms of defending set pieces
  • Changes should have been made after the first goal not the second. It was rather obvious that we had little chance of scoring without altering the side

Keep the faith everyone and full credit to those that made the trip to Woking (possibly our worst away support of the season), can we all please not give up and continue to support the team. I know people have money issues or family commitments but if your only reason is that you can't see us winning away then please re-consider what implications that has on the team. The team need you more than ever, they don't need you when they are winning they need you when they are finding it difficult. Lets continue to get behind them 100%

If you can get to the away games then please do and also consider getting the coach, this is a service that needs to be used or else we'll lose it.

Rubbish!

The best way to support the side is by moaning on the Internet. :P
WTF why do you need some sort of drug to have a good time at a party ffs

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2007, 09:15:57 PM »

Some observations;

• O'Neill playing on the left just does not work, Rod should have started/played a bigger part

f**k me ! If it wasn't obvious at Tampaxworth that he was lost on the left don't tell me he played there again. Jesus Christ put Bowler on he would be more effective.

This is not a go at O'Neill but it was like playing with 10 men at Tampaxworth and from what I can gather it was the same again today.

The poor guy struggles all season to score, then scores 2 in 1 game and then gets lumped out wide on the left!

I don't know what the f**k is going on.
[/list]
Full time and proud of it

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2007, 09:32:46 PM »

As always I will be behind the team on Saturday.

However some of the team selection was strange today, but I am not the manager

Jimmy Hill

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2007, 12:37:14 AM »

Further observation; I realise this point has been made again, and again, and rather a lot of times on top but we really do need a left back.

Curiously we have seven strikers and no dedicated left back.
WTF why do you need some sort of drug to have a good time at a party ffs

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2007, 01:12:53 AM »

Further observation; I realise this point has been made again, and again, and rather a lot of times on top but we really do need a left back.

Curiously we have seven strikers and no dedicated left back.

Jimmy, I couldn't agree more.
I cannot believe that we are planning to go through an entire season without a recognised, authentic left full back on our books.

I am also rather mystified by the decision to loan out McFadden, particularly since he has been involved in setting up some recent goals at Moss Lane.

Poor old Joe O'Neill....
He spends weeks not scoring but is continually selected at centre forward.
He then scores two goals in one game....and his reward is to spend the next two games being played out of position on the wing!

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2007, 08:40:43 AM »

planning to go through an entire season without a recognised, authentic left full back

Do you really think this is planned ? Do you really think that GH hasn't tried bringing in a left back ? Maybe the conveyor belt of conference left backs is just broken at the moment and we can have our pick of one soon.

I am also rather mystified by the decision to loan out McFadden

Maybe so he can get longer playing time in a league where he should blossom and shine ? He needs to be playing and if he's out on loan then he can get more full 90mins in ? I am a fan of McFadden but can understand why he chose to loan him out.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2007, 08:47:13 AM by gazwarrington »

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2007, 08:50:19 AM »

On the subject of left backs I went to Droylsden yesterday and was staggered to see that Chris Adams is their 3rd choice left back and can't even get on the bench.

I'm sure he would come back if asked but would this be a backward move?

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2007, 08:54:01 AM »

As much as I love Chrissy the post above probably says it all.

He struggles to stay fit and playing through the pain barrier in the past for Alty may have caught up with him.

I reckon he would miss more games through injury than play. Whats Droylsdens 2nd choice left back like (not that we could afford him)????
« Last Edit: January 21, 2007, 09:03:41 AM by gazwarrington »

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2007, 09:21:19 AM »

Chris said that he'd not been as fit and injury free for a long while (but if you're not  playing so often it helps) and their left back is a central defender so I don't think any milage in him. Warner (their 1st choice) on the other hand looked very good last time I saw him, good defending and likes to get forward. I dont't think we afford him or that Pace would sell him (esp. to us)

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2007, 12:39:48 PM »

planning to go through an entire season without a recognised, authentic left full back

Do you really think this is planned ? Do you really think that GH hasn't tried bringing in a left back ? Maybe the conveyor belt of conference left backs is just broken at the moment and we can have our pick of one soon.

We have waited six months so far for a recognised left full back!

I am also rather mystified by the decision to loan out McFadden

Maybe so he can get longer playing time in a league where he should blossom and shine ? He needs to be playing and if he's out on loan then he can get more full 90mins in ? I am a fan of McFadden but can understand why he chose to loan him out.

Ironic then that he was a substitute for Flixton yesterday, so didn't play the full 90 minutes.

Pages: [1] 2 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 If I hear any one say...