PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Wigan Tonight
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Wigan Tonight  (Read 3838 times)

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Wigan Tonight
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2010, 06:53:36 PM »

Surely we should get over this 'we should of been a league club and they shouldn't thing' it was a long time ago in football terms! It was a scandal I agree but can we move forward...finally?
Nonsense. In the wise words of Morrissey: "I bear more grudges than lonely High Court judges." The fact that those two protagonists of the great Re-election fiasco of 1980: Luton Town and Grimsby Town are now Non League clubs is an endless source of pleasure...

It's beem virtually half even my lifetime ago but I still remember how gutted I felt when I heard on the radio, whilst at work, that we had failed to be elected.
I had been SO confident of getting in that year.
The United fans I worked with took the P for what seemed months and I never forgave them either ...
Or the Edwards' at Old Trafford for saying that they voted for Rochdale instead of us because they "didn't want another local side in the league too close, geographically, to them" (Yes, I couldn't believe it either at the time!)
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

taxi Phil

Re: Wigan Tonight
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2010, 10:19:45 PM »

When was the last time we played Hyde United,Wigan and Macc in the same season anyone?

The second season of the Northern Premier League in 1969-70. At the end of that season Hyde United resigned from the NPL.
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Wigan Tonight