News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Witton News Letter

Author Topic: Witton News Letter  (Read 2954 times)

Jenga

Witton News Letter
« on: August 13, 2010, 08:46:08 AM »

What a great idea.

Appreciate there are costs involved but this sort of thing will really get the name of the club around and perhaps get people talking.

You never know some local business man might see it and offer investment or at worst it is likely to increase the attendances for a short time.

With focus on the fact that we are playing teams like Wimbledon, Grimsby, Darlington, York, Cambridge, Mansfield, Luton, Wrexham, Newport it can only help boost the profile of the club.

Is this something we are likely to replicate?

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Witton News Letter
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2010, 08:57:25 AM »

On the one hand I think it's a great idea and I applaud those who have made the effort to put it together and distribute it. I don't know the production costs of such a venture. Perhaps it's sponsored or someone is doing it for them as a favour? If so, they 've got nothing to lose.

However, I also can't help thinking that 90% of them will get thrown in the waste paper without even being read, such is the nature of this type of marketing.
Come on Alty!

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2010, 10:53:53 AM »

Think the key thing is we already have good exposure in the Messenger and other local papers (now) whereas Witton don't.

Jezza

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2010, 04:01:06 PM »

I think a one off full page maybe double page advert in the messenger would be a great idea....many people have no idea about even where our ground is, what's it like, what the standard of football is really etc....be a nice souvenir if they stick some really good stirring glory day pics in as well.....

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2010, 06:28:07 PM »

Think the key thing is we already have good exposure in the Messenger and other local papers (now) whereas Witton don't.

No disrespect to anyone but if that's good exposure I'd hate to see bad

Butty

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2010, 07:11:48 PM »

I think a one off full page maybe double page advert in the messenger would be a great idea....many people have no idea about even where our ground is, what's it like, what the standard of football is really etc....be a nice souvenir if they stick some really good stirring glory day pics in as well.....

Im not too sure about that, the one thing that bugs me about the Messenger (Stretford and Urmston, at least) is the number of ads, I dont even bother looking at any of them any more, so I doubt it'd do much good

Dougals Dad

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2010, 07:15:38 PM »

Do what the Metro sometimes does and have the ad on the outside/cover page?

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
All relative
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2010, 08:55:13 PM »

Bad exposure was when we were languishing in the Unibond and they thought we were just another local team and argued we should get the same exposure as Unicorn Athletic and Timperley Villa. Seriously! I think we have Mike Crockett to thank for turning that round?

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2010, 09:44:44 PM »

the one thing that bugs me about the Messenger (Stretford and Urmston, at least) is the number of ads

How do you expect free newspapers to make their money? Advertising revenue is the only reason they exist in the first place.
Come on Alty!

Butty

« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2010, 10:54:23 PM »

the one thing that bugs me about the Messenger (Stretford and Urmston, at least) is the number of ads

How do you expect free newspapers to make their money? Advertising revenue is the only reason they exist in the first place.

There is a point where a NEWSpaper becomes an advertisement leaflet

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2010, 12:27:30 AM »

No disrespect to anyone but if that's good exposure I'd hate to see bad

Spot on, Phil.

This week's coverage is pitiful - with no mention whatsoever of the home game against Darlington next Tuesday.

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Jacko

« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2010, 01:37:41 AM »

What a load of crap, newspapers don't exist in the eyes of the youth, and that's who we should concentrate on imo, let's get free tickets through to local schools and keep up the good schemes eg the summer football camps at moss lane   

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2010, 08:57:14 AM »

What a load of crap, newspapers don't exist in the eyes of the youth, and that's who we should concentrate on imo, let's get free tickets through to local schools and keep up the good schemes eg the summer football camps at moss lane   

Totally agree. Newspapers are declining, and the internet is far more useful a tool - particularly for young people.

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2010, 09:42:58 AM »

A couple of hundred free tickets were given out to school's before they broke up for the Wigan match
@AltyDaz
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Witton News Letter