PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Tonight's match thread and commentary link
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8]

Author Topic: Tonight's match thread and commentary link  (Read 24319 times)

jimmyhank

Re: Tonight's match thread and commentary link
« Reply #105 on: August 17, 2010, 10:06:44 PM »

Thought we played very well tonight and deserved the three points but such is football. Very encouraging signs for the rest of the season and based on the first two games I'm optimistic that we will be clear of danger.

I thought that the referee was awful. I don't think his decisions affected the outcome but he was very whistle happy and must have been using some sort of random decision making device. He needs to remember that football is a contact sport.

Bring on Crawley...

markecky

« Reply #106 on: August 17, 2010, 10:12:29 PM »

We played alright tonight..they were a typical team of Cooper giants.   Everyoine around me knew they would equalise when it went to 2-1..and thats not being negative we've just watdhed Alty toooo long.

Wanted a point before hand so suppose I've got to be happy.  However at the end of the season it will look like two points dropped at home as they will be mid table.

Chris Senior looked lost in the land of the giants.  I expect to see him back here on loan if we get any striker injuries. 

A great crowd..great to get nearly 900 of our own on a Tuesday when we often suffer...

RageAgainstTheFirstTeam

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 17, 2010, 10:29:04 PM »

Pretty disappointed but ah well. Thought the team played really well tonight, Clee and Densmore in particular. Awful ref. And look on the bright side, Crawley didn't win!
"You have to be something in life, so you might as well just be what you want." Keith Davey at Histon, 2012.

Dougals Dad

« Reply #108 on: August 17, 2010, 10:30:39 PM »

Just scanned through the thread having just got home from work. Scared the cats & Jennifers Mum with a yelp of delight when saw we went 2-0 up!

Alas, I was premature with that.

Still, if someone offered 2-2 before the match would have been happy. We can compete with the alleged better teams.

ArmchairAlty

« Reply #109 on: August 17, 2010, 11:14:47 PM »

Would have taken the point before but shame we couldnt hold on for all 3. Fantastic attendance and great atmoshere, good to get off the mark and can't wait til saturday. Clee was again outstanding.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: August 17, 2010, 11:29:45 PM »

Just back from the game... Well played Alty I was impressed by the way we knocked it about... 1st goal a bit of a fk up but hey ho...
I would have settled for a point at 7 o'clock tonight. Decent crowd and my two mates I brought both enjoyed the game and will probably come again when they get chance.

That woman Terry was shagging must be a good cook as he has piled the fkn pounds on  :D

If Darlington are one of the best prospects in the BSP then we are OK

Roll on Saturday

Cmon ALTY

chesteralty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: August 18, 2010, 07:41:08 AM »

Obviously it's better than losing the first two games 4-0, but I can't help but worry that that these points dropped due to 3 late goals already in two games could come back to haunt us.
Looking forward to Crawley on Saturday, hopefully we will lay these fears to rest!!

Jenga

« Reply #112 on: August 18, 2010, 08:53:08 AM »

Alty battled and battled last night and that can be said from the front to the back.

So what, if anything went wrong?

For me I think the substitutions were wrong. We were one nil up and on comes Dale and Holsgrove. For the reeves was on the pitch he raced and closed down defenders which helped get our first goal.

Dale just didnt do that and I even heard GH shout at him just before the attack for their second goal I think it was. The first goal saw Stu make a great punch about a minute before hand and he tried it again, possibly got carried away and missed it.

Yes i know Dale got our second but I dont think the subs were right.

Overall though well played everyone I am not dissapointed with a point, yes we could have won, but a point before the game I would have taken.

Two fancied full time teams and we only lose 2-1 and 2-2, scoring 3 goals. I am not concerned about this season at all now. We are strong we will do well.

Well plaed again people.

CB

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: August 18, 2010, 10:31:41 AM »

I seem to be the only one who is pissed off with the result. We were cruising at 2-0. I'm getting increasingly annoyed with our inability to see out the end of games.

markecky

« Reply #114 on: August 18, 2010, 10:41:43 AM »

I seem to be the only one who is pissed off with the result. We were cruising at 2-0. I'm getting increasingly annoyed with our inability to see out the end of games.

In my opinion. the biggest challenge this season will be managing peoples expectations I fear.

Coming off the back of a "backs to the wall" performance at Luton where we never got a minute, we come up against another big strong full time side 3 days later.

You can only get players so fit in training on a Thursday..the rest will come with matches.

We often get mocked for our constant "we're part time you know" stance...but I think this season more than ever it will make it even harder.

I saw Stuart Coburn loading ladders on a van at 7:50 this morning...

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: August 18, 2010, 10:50:15 AM »

In my opinion. the biggest challenge this season will be managing peoples expectations I fear.

Coming off the back of a "backs to the wall" performance at Luton where we never got a minute, we come up against another big strong full time side 3 days later.

You can only get players so fit in training on a Thursday..the rest will come with matches.

We often get mocked for our constant "we're part time you know" stance...but I think this season more than ever it will make it even harder.

Ecky ... I hope you stopped to give him a hand   :D

Jezza

« Reply #116 on: August 18, 2010, 11:18:18 AM »

I hope ecky recommended the 'cote signed the ladders to give our small defence a helping hand....

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: August 18, 2010, 12:49:50 PM »

Were you on your way home from a party Ecky ;D

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: August 18, 2010, 08:27:47 PM »

There was a family there tonight who were from Colchester don't support either team but were on holiday in Cumbria and choose are game over Barrow's and Fleetwoods.
@AltyDaz
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Tonight's match thread and commentary link