PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Southport Match Thread
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Southport Match Thread  (Read 15137 times)

taxi Phil

Re: Southport Match Thread
« Reply #60 on: August 24, 2010, 11:51:52 PM »

Right you load of sodding pesssimists ! How do you expect us to produce any sort of football when the midfield is lacking Densmore, Crowell, Danylyk, and  Lawton ? Or even Kearney ? We were forced to field a side tonight that was engineless and rudderless. Then we lose Denham at half time.

There were real stars out there tonight. Smith and Williams were superb. Holmes, and in the second half Reeves, weren't far behind. I don't accept that our defeat was in any way down to lack of attitude or effort - there wasn't one player out there I would fault on either score.

Quite simply, we were a patchwork side, with players forced to fill positions they weren't designed for.

The sun WILL shine on this club before too long. And we ARE NOT IN RELEGATION TROUBLE !

We may well still be bottom going into September - but I firmly believe we'll be out of the bottom four by New Year. BELIEVE ! ! !

markecky

« Reply #61 on: August 25, 2010, 12:03:58 AM »

Tonight was poor.  They were poor and we were poorer.  I think it was a case of just too many enforced changes meaning we didnt seem to have any shape at all.

Too many players were off their game, injuries or not.  I don't want to get into names as it doesnt helpe but a few people did not do themselves justice.

Ironic that they should score after we had got into the game a little..we could have been 3-0 down at half time.

Postive for me was the running of Reeves and the fact we only lost by 1-0..no one has battered us but a lot of work to do.

We must stick together at this difficult times like we all enjoyed the good runs of last season.

Although make no mistake..tonight was crap.

Knutsford Alty

« Reply #62 on: August 25, 2010, 12:10:17 AM »

Although make no mistake..tonight was crap.

Nothing else was required Ecky I'm afraid, your quote sums up my thoughts exactly >:(

traffordladz

« Reply #63 on: August 25, 2010, 12:25:07 AM »

pick 4-8 teams to go down     

1.histon
2.barrow
3. forest green
4. altrincham
5. southport----------relegated
6. tamworth
7. bath city
8. gateshead

anyone else have any different ideas.just put them on

Dave (SFC)

« Reply #64 on: August 25, 2010, 12:33:27 AM »

pick 4-8 teams to go down     

1.histon
2.barrow
3. forest green
4. altrincham
5. southport----------relegated
6. tamworth
7. bath city
8. gateshead

anyone else have any different ideas.just put them on

I honestly don't think we will have any trouble staying up this season. Our first 3 performances were a breath of fresh air and tonight was our first poor performance of the season and we still came away with 3 points.

4 for the drop (in no particular order) :

Gateshead
Barrow
Kettering
Bath

Yourselves could be in for a bit of a battle but it's unfair to make assumptions given the length of your injury list at present.

jimmyhank

« Reply #65 on: August 25, 2010, 12:37:03 AM »

Not a particularly great performance but we were missing the majority of our midfield. A lot of effort but nothing to show for it. There are still enough positive signs to indicate that we'll be climbing up the table soon enough.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 25, 2010, 01:17:54 AM »

McCready put himself about a little bit when he came on, not bad for an 18 year old.

The performance just seemed to lack belief and heart somewhat. We are better than this and the players must remember this, even if it gets worse before it gets better (which it might). I'm just a little worried that Senior, Little and Young took a lot more class, heart and character out of the dressing room than we first thought.

Still, Densmore, Danylyk, Lawton, Crowell, Twiss, Doughty and maybe Kearney to come back might make the difference.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 25, 2010, 08:07:40 AM »

It was a long drive back to Saughall Towers last night but when our best eleven is able to take the pitch we will be a different side. You can't expect to win a game (especially away from home) with a back and front but no middle.

Can't make York but am expecting better against Mansfield (hope I'm not being too optimistic!)

On the whole right now I think I'd rather be watching Alty in the 60's than watching them in my 60's  ;) :D
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 25, 2010, 08:37:11 AM »

Well considering that we had virtually all our midfield out due to injury and administrative ineptitude, (see Aussie FA)  I admit we were not at our best last night but to lose by just one goal (and that being a deflection) was not the end of the world.

We got there in just two hours from showery Shrewsbury so we were glad it wasnt pissing down, especially as we were on the open terraces. The Southport fans seemed a friendly lot in the bar but the ground is second only to FGR and the moon  for atmosphere

I think the bloke who was working the snack bar must have been rolling the fkn pastry for the pies at half time, the time he took to serve us..(I'm sure I had a birthday in the queue)  There are flood victims in Pakistan who must have got food and drink quicker than the Alty faithful...

As for the game we were disjointed and seemed to lack any fluency which wasnt helped by a stiff wind..

I agree with Taxi Phil in that we are not a bottom 4 side and I would be a lot more worried if I was a Southport fan than an Alty fan..

Yes,, I would have looked at the fixtures and fancied 3 points last night but considering the injury situation I still believe we have the where with all do all right once we get going...

4 Games down chaps .. 1 point .. However it is not doom and gloom.. The potential is there ..

Keep the faith

Cmon Alty.....

« Last Edit: August 25, 2010, 08:49:38 AM by distancetraveller »

ArmchairAlty

« Reply #69 on: August 25, 2010, 08:52:01 AM »

Not a great night, but given the injuries we've had we were lucky not to get a pasting. I think 0-0 would have been a fair result, and the performances of Reevesy, Holmes and Denham first half were encouraging.

Agree with Ecky, there were a number of players who did not perform to the best of their ability, but no point naming names. We need to draw a line under last night and this poor start to the season and regroup for the weekend.

Positivity is the key here... hoping for much better on Saturday/Monday.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2010, 08:56:10 AM by RedRedRobin »

Jenga

« Reply #70 on: August 25, 2010, 09:04:18 AM »

0-0 in my opinion would not have been a fair result.

In my book they deserved to win.

Some real good performances, but without naming names there were a couple of shockers as well.

Scottie

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 25, 2010, 11:27:00 AM »

One of the poorest performances for a long time - Not worried as the season has just started and as has been repeated many times most of midfield were missing. Looking forward to travelling to York at the weekend

vic

« Reply #72 on: August 25, 2010, 01:02:56 PM »

At least the Vics won to make the blow of going bottom softer.
Hopefully see you soon bit a long way to go yet. Just finish above FGR.

markecky

« Reply #73 on: August 25, 2010, 01:54:51 PM »

Do they publish results for the league you're in?

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 25, 2010, 03:49:09 PM »

Do they publish results for the league you're in?

I think they get a column in the "Northwich Bugle"  ;)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Southport Match Thread