PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 dale johnson released
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: dale johnson released  (Read 15235 times)

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: dale johnson released
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2010, 10:22:21 PM »

My own personal opinion is that I think Dale should have been given this season to prove himself.

I think in this respect he was a luxury we couldn't afford. If we'd given him a season to get himself right at the expense of another player who might come in and score more goals, it could  have meant us going down rather than staying up.

I liked Dale a lot and wish him every success. However, if this helps us to turn things around it will have been totally worthwhile.

Only time will tell.

Come on Alty!

markecky

« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2010, 10:23:57 PM »

You can sign loan players or free agents, although to sign either we would have to have the wages available...hence why people will have to go before people come in.

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2010, 10:27:15 PM »

You can sign loan players or free agents, although to sign either we would have to have the wages available...hence why people will have to go before people come in.

That's what i'm getting at. We can't actually sign anyone until January (?) But free agents and loans we can, so after releasing Dale I would now expect to see this happen, otherwise my other point in that giving him until the end of the season as him being on payroll would have made no difference.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2010, 10:32:56 PM »

You can still sign free agents, of which there are many,who will be desperately still looking for a club

Dougals Dad

« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2010, 10:34:37 PM »

I am very surprised - what I saw of Dale I rated him. I wonder if his fitness was part of the decision.

Good luck Dale, all the best.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2010, 10:37:27 PM »

I'm not exactly surprised - when I saw that he wasn't in the 16 on Monday afternoon the thought did cross my mind that he could be on the way. What slightly perturbs me is the pretty clear inference that others may follow. As I understand it we can only acquire players who are free agents as of now; and players on loan from next week. How many departures does the management envisage, I wonder? Shame I can't be there tomorrow night to ask that question.
[/quote

Am I right in thinking that the Forum starts at 7-00 tomorrow?  I am eager to be there but It will be difficult for me to get there by that time.....

markecky

« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2010, 10:38:50 PM »

8 o'clock start tomorrow..

jimmyhank

« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2010, 10:44:55 PM »

I am also shocked at the departure of Dale and agree with others that his consistency (NOT Committment)  was  questionable even prior to his injury.

I wasnt aware that clubs could still sign players who havent got a club after the deadline..

I also think that GH is shrewd enough to have somebody in mind to replace Dale, otherwise why let him go if you have nobody to replace him with especially as the season has barely got under way.

Interesting next couple of weeks at Altrincham FC both on and off the pitch..

Just as a matter of interest. Is there a website that any of you knowledgable folks are aware of that list the "Out of Work" players

Cmon Alty

Try this link:

http://www.givemefootball.com/pfa-transfer-list

Edited to say.... Best wishes Dale whoever you sign for......

RocketDan

« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2010, 11:05:13 PM »

I'm guessing there is someone lined up to replace him?

If not, we are preparing for life in the conference north a bit too soon.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2010, 11:12:47 PM »

Mcarthy will have come in to replace him,removing dale from the wage bill will give scope to strengthen/make changes where needed

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 01, 2010, 11:20:09 PM »

Graham has signed what I feel may be a good player in James McCarthy, ex Crewe and the like. I suspect he may have been up to budget, and had to release a player to bring the books back in line.

Potentially Jimmy Mack looked what we are currently missing, hence it being more than a like for like replacement. After seeing Jimmy Mack play on Monday it may prove to be a good decision. Time will tell but he looked very good

No disrespect to Dale as I also liked him, but this is to improve the team and put the ball in the net on a more regular basis. Grahams gamble may be worth taking in this case - see what happens but GH has to act while he can due to transfer windows etc.

Give Matt time to get back in the swing of things again, after he had waited in the wings. Jimmy Mack and Chris Denham in front of Matt Crowell could be mouthwatering prospects.

taxi Phil

« Reply #26 on: September 01, 2010, 11:32:12 PM »

I'm bitterly disappointed that Dale has gone. I've never considered him as a prolific scorer - but I cannot honestly remember when we last had a player who was so good at controlling a ball with his back to goal, then beating his defender to lay it off.

Those of us who saw the pre-season friendly against United Reserves will remember that he caused Craig Cathcart plenty of problems - and Cathcart is now playing Premier League at Blackpool !

I'm horribly afraid that this decision will come back to bite us in the arse in the not-too-distant future, when he turns up at Moss Lane with his new team and dominates the game.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 01, 2010, 11:34:33 PM »

Just Welsh and Twiss to go then.
Full time and proud of it

Dougals Dad

« Reply #28 on: September 01, 2010, 11:38:49 PM »

Just Welsh and Twiss to go then.

Welch has only just come back and Twiss is one a 2 year contract - I doubt either will be going very far.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 01, 2010, 11:41:20 PM »

I'm guessing there is someone lined up to replace him?

If not, we are preparing for life in the conference north a bit too soon.

With respect, as good as Dale's hold up play can be, releasing a striker who has scored 7 goals in 70 appearnace sis hardly throwing the towel in.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 dale johnson released