PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 dale johnson released
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: dale johnson released  (Read 15321 times)

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: dale johnson released
« Reply #30 on: September 01, 2010, 11:42:27 PM »

I'm horribly afraid that this decision will come back to bite us in the arse in the not-too-distant future, when he turns up at Moss Lane with his new team and dominates the game.

He's joing a Blue Square North club apparently so hopefully we won't be opposing him too soon.

Dougals Dad

« Reply #31 on: September 01, 2010, 11:46:47 PM »

and a circular has been sent around to say other players are available.

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 01, 2010, 11:48:46 PM »

You can sign loan players or free agents, although to sign either we would have to have the wages available...hence why people will have to go before people come in.

I believe however that free agents have to be offered a contract of at least 12 months but I may be wrong

Alex

« Reply #33 on: September 01, 2010, 11:54:36 PM »

so dale is probably off back to Hyde United FC (Elite Squad). good luck too him.

although many people around me would have what clarkson calls a "crisis" everytime he got the ball and beat a man i was never too taken by him, just personal opinion but to me he was a great sauce of frustration in that he would show a supurb touch or a nice bit of skill but they would be too few and far between... the abiding memory will be thew goal away at york. but for me Dale was just a stronger Joe O'neill (who scored less goals, but was never slated the way joe was despite this fact never understood how a bit of a flick could sway opinion)

hopefully this is the start of a re-building phase that will see us become a stronger all round squad. IN GH I TRUST (god help me)

casper

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 02, 2010, 12:15:20 AM »

Im quite shocked by Dale leaving. The guy has come back from a horrible injury and possibly needs a bit of time to get back in the rhythm.

We all know he's a bit of a lazy bugger, but he put the fear of god in many defences. Another player we always looked better with rather without.

His ability to hold the ball up and good control was an asset. People may berate his strike rate, but he mainly played right attacking mid. How many did senior get when playing full left instead of centre forward?

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 02, 2010, 12:34:27 AM »

I know people say he didn't score enough, but for me Dale was a forward and NOT a striker, he did, on occasions do so much, and on others scored some great goals - the one at York probably stands out.

To be absolutely honest though, other than that particular goal at York City, which (if any) of his other six goals for Alty actually stick(s) in the memory?

He's lived on that one strike for a while now.

For me, he flattered to deceive overall.

Plenty of ability but inconsistent and with a poor goalscoring ratio.

Good luck to him, wherever he surfaces.

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Alex

« Reply #36 on: September 02, 2010, 12:37:09 AM »

To be absolutely honest though, other than that particular goal at York City, which (if any) of his other six goals for Alty actually stick(s) in the memory?

Burton at home, other than those two i couldn't think of any  :-\

ant

« Reply #37 on: September 02, 2010, 12:40:54 AM »

I'm sorry to see him go.  I thought he was the perfect foil for Senior when we had him.  However, we don't have Chris and no one came in that complimented Dale as well.  Good luck Dale.

Narcissist

« Reply #38 on: September 02, 2010, 07:52:35 AM »

Good luck Dale

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 02, 2010, 08:13:16 AM »

Rather than being shocked I am relieved that decisive action is being taken, Something has to change or we will be relegated, good on Graham and Ken for making this difficult decision.
Bernard Taylors barmy army

ASMO

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • oxfords barbers
« Reply #40 on: September 02, 2010, 08:27:55 AM »

All the best werever you end up Dale , sorry to say but he wasnt quite good enought for B.S.P , showed  promise but never realy delivered the goods

seasonticket

« Reply #41 on: September 02, 2010, 08:45:13 AM »

Of all those people on this thread, who are "shocked" etc. to see Dale go, I have a question. How many of you slagged off Joe O'Neill, were glad ro see the back of him and please tell me how and why Dale is/was a better player?
Too many times Dales first touch let him down, just like Joe, he could hold the ball up and chase lost causes, just like Joe BUT he did not score as many goals as Joe. That was Joe's main problem he did not score enough, so how come Dale got so much adulation on here when he simply was not good enough.

joe

« Reply #42 on: September 02, 2010, 08:49:49 AM »

Has anyone thought that Dale may have asked to be released and as we don't need anyone that isn't 100% commited then Graham agreed to the request? It seems quite convenient that he's expected to sign for a Blue Square North club today. He obviously already had this club lined up before being released. I may be way off the mark but it's a possibility.

Alty Rock God

« Reply #43 on: September 02, 2010, 08:53:08 AM »

Gutted. Only got to wear my Dale t-shirt once...

casper

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 02, 2010, 11:08:53 AM »

Has anyone thought that Dale may have asked to be released and as we don't need anyone that isn't 100% commited then Graham agreed to the request? It seems quite convenient that he's expected to sign for a Blue Square North club today. He obviously already had this club lined up before being released. I may be way off the mark but it's a possibility.

on the other hand, we dont have a reserve set up, so we carnt pop players in games to build their match fitness up. perhaps Dale is regaining his fitness etc and we may see him again further down the line??

Of all those people on this thread, who are "shocked" etc. to see Dale go, I have a question. How many of you slagged off Joe O'Neill, were glad ro see the back of him and please tell me how and why Dale is/was a better player?
Too many times Dales first touch let him down, just like Joe, he could hold the ball up and chase lost causes, just like Joe BUT he did not score as many goals as Joe. That was Joe's main problem he did not score enough, so how come Dale got so much adulation on here when he simply was not good enough.

Problem with Joe was that he was always played as a centre forward, rather than out wide as Dale has been used. I thought Dale had a far better first touch than Joe. Joe worked his socks off (wasnt he player of the season for his contribution in his first year??). With Dale, we could see he has the talent to be a very good player, but lacked the workrate we require.

How many people thought "if only we had dale upfront" during the second half of last season?? He clearly benefitted the team, and as such, is a loss to the squad. We will have to see what players now come in as free agents.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 dale johnson released