PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 dale johnson released
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: dale johnson released  (Read 15332 times)

Jacko

Re: dale johnson released
« Reply #45 on: September 02, 2010, 11:32:28 AM »

How things change, stevenage had interest in dale but he chose alty at the beginning of last season, its a shame as hes has the type of attitude we need, and a great person
« Last Edit: September 02, 2010, 11:34:39 AM by Jacko »

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 02, 2010, 11:36:49 AM »

OMG only been away a week and such changes already. I sponsored Dale last season, I am dissappointed he has not been able to establish himself this season. But GHmust know more than us to release him.

We do need to score more goals, but that starts with beter distribution from the defence forwards.

Lets hope we get through this hiccup and get our season up and running, come on Alty

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Dale Johnson released
« Reply #47 on: September 02, 2010, 12:01:29 PM »

I spent most of last season wishing we had Dale playing instead of McAliskey. However, we were still paying Dale as well. If he had been released then we would have been able to afford a better replacement than McAliskey, even if it was someone like Matt McNeill.

joe

« Reply #48 on: September 02, 2010, 12:18:31 PM »

Has anyone thought that Dale may have asked to be released and as we don't need anyone that isn't 100% commited then Graham agreed to the request? It seems quite convenient that he's expected to sign for a Blue Square North club today. He obviously already had this club lined up before being released. I may be way off the mark but it's a possibility.

on the other hand, we dont have a reserve set up, so we carnt pop players in games to build their match fitness up. perhaps Dale is regaining his fitness etc and we may see him again further down the line??

Surely if it was just to gain fitness he would've gone out on loan? At the end of the day whatever the circumstances he's gone and we need to move on and find a replacement and hopefully get our season kick started!

Jenga

« Reply #49 on: September 02, 2010, 12:25:15 PM »

For the good of Alty FC, I have to say I am pleased GH has acted so fast.

I have heard Graham screaming at the forwards to get onside to chase down players and defend from the front.

What I seem to have seen is that Dale didnt seem to do either, he certainly did not chase and close the defense down like Reeves does, which in my book lead to one of the goals against Darlington.

Yes there is no questioning that Dale is a strong player, with a good touch and can hold the call up well.

I just always felt that National level was a bit beyond him and North or South could find him build a real good reputation for himself.

RocketDan

« Reply #50 on: September 02, 2010, 12:29:51 PM »

I'm guessing there is someone lined up to replace him?

If not, we are preparing for life in the conference north a bit too soon.

With respect, as good as Dale's hold up play can be, releasing a striker who has scored 7 goals in 70 appearnace sis hardly throwing the towel in.

I was referring to cutting the wage bill down to conference north levels.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 02, 2010, 12:32:08 PM »

I'm guessing there is someone lined up to replace him?

If not, we are preparing for life in the conference north a bit too soon.

This point was addressed in the article on the official website last night:

"The moves are aimed at freeing up resources to allow reinforcement of the squad. "

Come on Alty!

GolfRoader

• Regular First Team
  • We are Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 02, 2010, 02:18:17 PM »

Gutted Dale is gone tbh, was one of my favourite players at Alty, always thought he would do something special when he got the ball an even when he was in a tight situation with 2 or 3 players around him, managed to get out of it. Thought he still had a lot to offer at this club and i personally would have kept him but as many have said, if GH thinks it's best for the team then maybe it was right to free up the budget.

Good luck Dale,I will miss the chant >:(

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 02, 2010, 02:49:40 PM »

Has anyone thought that Dale may have asked to be released and as we don't need anyone that isn't 100% commited then Graham agreed to the request? It seems quite convenient that he's expected to sign for a Blue Square North club today. He obviously already had this club lined up before being released. I may be way off the mark but it's a possibility.

My money's on this one from Joe.............I know from previous fans forums that GH rated Dale very highly and even said that he could play in L1 if he 'applied' himself to the job......I suspect that GH always had a little concern that Dale was never 100% committed i.e a bit lazy

I suspect that this impending move is a mutual one, convenient for both parties at this moment in time
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

louise1925

« Reply #54 on: September 02, 2010, 02:51:12 PM »

Initial reaction to this news was one of shock, but now slowly getting used to the idea. In his thirty minutes on Monday James McCarthy looked more threatening on goal than Dale has ever looked. Having said that, Dale was not the reason we have conceded 7 goals in the last two games. Can GH remove any of the players he has recently acquired? Let's hope so. Good luck to Dale at his new club, my guess is Droylsden, not Hyde, but only a guess.

markecky

« Reply #55 on: September 02, 2010, 02:54:38 PM »

My money's on this one from Joe.............I know from previous fans forums that GH rated Dale very highly and even said that he could play in L1 if he 'applied' himself to the job......I suspect that GH always had a little concern that Dale was never 100% committed i.e a bit lazy

I suspect that this impending move is a mutual one, convenient for both parties at this moment in time

I think Joe could be right.  Maybe a manager has watched him a while and thought now is the time to pounce as we are at a low ebb.

We also have to remember that GH and Kenny see training as well that we don't see..there could have been a row...loads of things.

ManagementGuru

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 03, 2010, 05:26:46 PM »

just told my brother about this and he came out with the brilliant one liner

"He can't run but he can Hyde"
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 dale johnson released