PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 £5 with a season ticket
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: £5 with a season ticket  (Read 10586 times)

harv

£5 with a season ticket
« on: September 03, 2010, 01:54:21 PM »

Still cannot believe we do this when an alty fan has to pay £8 more for the game, If we are trying to get more fans in surely it should be a fiver for anyone rather than this shambles...
I normally always support alty with anything but this has been the biggest piss take in recent years to the loyal fans that go week in week out.

All this has told me is to borrow my mates utd season ticket so i can get in for a fiver, (is this whats its meant for)

I think if we are going to do this again in the future dont go dwn the season ticket route but just subsidise prices for everyone which may even lead to more people coming..

markecky

Re: £5 with a season ticket
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2010, 02:29:11 PM »

Are you that short sighted?

The purpose of the season ticket offer is to try and show United/City season ticket holders that when they don't have a game they should come to Alty.  Come and try it for a fiver.

If we did it every week for them, that would be unfair.

Its being done at about 50 other clubs this weekend as well.

If we reduce the prices to a fiver for everyone we may get a few more come but we'd lose 50% of the takings?

By your thinking we could never give out a free ticket to anyone or else we'd have to let the rest of the ground in free?

fuertes

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2010, 03:01:57 PM »

I agree with Ecky, we do it 2 or 3 times per season to encourage people, it's part of being a suburban, community club.

If you're seriously considering using your mates ticket to screw the club out of a couple of quid then you're an absolute disgrace.

harv

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2010, 03:46:53 PM »

Not a Disgrace fuertes just think that its annoying when you see your mates other people getting in for a fiver when you are ququeing up with them on the intent of coming to more than a few games a season.
As for a disgrace i have worked at the club for free, i always put money in the buckets when they come round and until recently was paying to play in the supporters match. 
All i am pointing out is that the club could be using this offer to try and get more fans in that are not coming as they have nothing else to do...
Really think thay you clearly need to pull your heads out of your arses both of you

markecky

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2010, 04:03:18 PM »

I can't be arsed trying to explain it again.  Its f**king pointless.  We've got bigger fish to fry than Alty fans trying to jib admission and being proud of it.

Narcissist

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2010, 04:19:42 PM »

I agree with Ecky, we do it 2 or 3 times per season to encourage people, it's part of being a suburban, community club.

If you're seriously considering using your mates ticket to screw the club out of a couple of quid then you're an absolute disgrace.

No he isnt. The offers there, use it.

Just because we support Alty it doesnt mean we should be expected to throw our every last penny in the pot. If someone is skint in the middle of a recession paying a fiver might be the alternative to not coming. So it could be a fiver gained for the club.

Im not saying I agree with harv, I think the fiver idea is great, but 'screwing the club out of a few quid' is complete bollocks. Community club etc etc im happy to go along with and i put money into the club despite ever hardly watching them, but some of us have to do what we can to keep money in our pocket at times.

In other areas though, for example chin tickling and star jumps, I can confirm that the aforementioned 'harv' is a disgrace.

harv

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2010, 04:23:26 PM »

OGC Alty thanks for clearing that up for me...

Will be coming tommorow whether i have to pay 13 or 5 pounds or whatever tommorow anyway

As a disgraced fan fuertes you can come and pop over and speak to me and explain what you mean by that when i was clearly supporting the club when you were in nappies

MadFrankie

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2010, 04:36:03 PM »

I've got an Alty season ticket - can I get in for a fiver too?

Regarding Harv's generous plan to use his mate's season ticket - I'm sure that when we've run this scheme before, then people have had to provide some kind of id to show that the ticket they're using is theirs. Perhaps I imagined that, but it would be nice if that happened tomorrow in order to deter chancers.
Is this the way to Mickleover
I'd rather go there than Dover

fuertes

« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2010, 05:47:41 PM »

No he isnt. The offers there, use it.

Just because we support Alty it doesnt mean we should be expected to throw our every last penny in the pot. If someone is skint in the middle of a recession paying a fiver might be the alternative to not coming. So it could be a fiver gained for the club.

No, no, no - hang on. I know about financial constraints, I had a ST two years running but couldn't afford one this season, instead having to go as and when I can afford afford it.

HOWEVER, if I had a mate with a ST at United I'd say "you know mate, you can get into the Alty for a fiver on Saturday, why not give it a whirl?". That's precisely the point of this offer. I wouldn't get him to lend me his ticket in order to save myself a couple of quid and deny the club the chance to broaden its appeal. That's f**king stupid.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2010, 06:17:45 PM »

I agree we should broaden our horizons so llet's make it a fiver each for everyone then it's fair? What an amazing shout that would be for publicity
ParkINson's red and white army

markecky

« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2010, 06:39:06 PM »

We've just announced that we need another £100,000 to £200,000 a year to be competitive.

Why are we discussing slashing tomorrows cashtake by thousands?

Am I missing something?

No one has answered my point that if we gave free tickets to say Carole Nash Call centre to try and get some new people interested..would we have to let everyone else in free?

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2010, 08:16:24 PM »

C'mon everyone this is simple Marketing for beginners............let someone come in for a reduced fee in the hope that they like what they see and come again i.e one Saturday afternoon when City / United are away from home on a Monday night.

What it isn't, is a liquidation sale where all stock is sold at reduced prices to get shut of it........if we let everyone in for a fiver we would put 50 people on the attendance and lose £4000 at the same time.
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

beaker141

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2010, 08:22:58 PM »

and piss Alty ST holders off too !

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2010, 08:55:01 PM »

I really can't believe so called Alty fans mithering about non regulars getting in on a one off for less. Get real, we need another 200 or so fans to keep this club competitive. If by doing this we pick up a minority of that extra figure then its worth it. If regular fans are so tight arsed as to cheat that system well they aren't worth talking to.

I still think however chucking say100 or so freebies to ALL local schools is the best option, especially if there's a condition of parent pays, kid free.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

baldrick

« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2010, 09:09:35 PM »

Let everyone in for a fiver before 1pm then use the two hours before kick off to sell them as much stuff as possible. Beer, food, programmes etc.
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 £5 with a season ticket