PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Gateshead Match Thread
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7

Author Topic: Gateshead Match Thread  (Read 19669 times)

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
Re: Gateshead Match Thread
« Reply #75 on: September 11, 2010, 05:00:37 PM »

Exactly, seeing us in a few season rather than this season... Says it all  ;) ;)

Heffer

« Reply #76 on: September 11, 2010, 05:01:57 PM »

Something big needs to change and quickly.

As thinks are I cant see us winning a game all season.

Prehaps the Nash money should be used to pay off Graham??

Paid Off ? Why ?? He has kept his job on numerous occasions and I'm afraid this start is not good enough. I don't want GH leaving too late and people forgetting all the good he has done. Im afraid though that he has taken the club as far as he can and time for him to step aside, for the good of the club,

He aint going nowhere without his contract being paid up. Besides the board havent got the backbone to sack him anyway!

Number 23

• Regular First Team
  • 23 of 100
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 11, 2010, 05:02:11 PM »

I agree that something needs to be done but we need to face the fact that if Graham goes he has to be replaced and are there any obvious candidates who we could afford?

Faintest of silver linings is that none of the bottom 9 got a point so we aren't any further adrift.

JackSwindells No 1 Fan

« Reply #78 on: September 11, 2010, 05:02:26 PM »

GH may or may not walk after this. He'll still be legend.
The most improitant thing to for Alty to be run in asustainable way for the long term. So if we go down, so be it. A good number of our 2010/11 opponents will have disappeared in a few years time. Our financial model must be sustainable, and most others in this league have no long term future. I've sen uis go through good and bad over the last 45 years and will not give up ever.

Given our resources we have over achieved the last 2 years, even Ilkeston Town who went bust this week have been paying over £3,000 a week in wages... ridiculous.

If GH walksand Kenny takes the reins we have to re-build a squad to win lots of games in BSN, then we'll go home singing, rather than moaning. The local community does and never will support Al;ty enough to change our financial model. We may be a yoyo team for now..

Alty tilI die.. nuff said

andrewflynn

« Reply #79 on: September 11, 2010, 05:03:46 PM »

No other fans would be so patient, it makes no sense to continue like this. 1pt is not good enough. Simple as.

Exactly, one point of twenty four is just unacceptable. It's time for a change, otherwise how long will this go on? I can't see us getting anything at Eastbourne, I can't see us scoring.. Dire times for us but we need to do something about it sharpish. I'm not calling for his head, or anything like that... i've just had enough now.

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #80 on: September 11, 2010, 05:04:18 PM »

I'm FED UP of this 'who can we afford', GH doesn't work for free and there are plenty of managers who would love the chance to manage Altrincham at the same, and or even less money.

ArmchairAlty

« Reply #81 on: September 11, 2010, 05:07:50 PM »

The situation is diabolical now. I'm an extremely positive person on the whole and even I am pushed to the limit.

GH has to go. No other set of fans in the world would put up with this, so why should we?

This is our livelihood, its our money that is being spent every week on paying players and a manager who obviously isn't up to it anymore.

Things can't carry on as they are after today, something's got to give.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2010, 05:17:43 PM by RedRedRobin »

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 11, 2010, 05:08:28 PM »

I'm FED UP of this 'who can we afford', GH doesn't work for free and there are plenty of managers who would love the chance to manage Altrincham at the same, and or even less money.

we have just had a major cash investment havent we

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #83 on: September 11, 2010, 05:10:14 PM »

With or without cash I get bored of that argument, as well as other things that get mentioned. Results on the pitch are what matters and we are not achieving them.

Yes we are part time in a full time league but we have proved we can compete with teams.

bigcol

« Reply #84 on: September 11, 2010, 05:17:18 PM »

Few points:

Formation wasn't great today - 5 at the back + 2 holding midfielders. Too defensive and not changed when we were chasing the game.

Couple of players did well - Mc is getting into positions and Coates is class. Brown had his usual standard of game and not convinced about Welch.

Fitness is an issue - some players were on empty by about 60 minutes.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 11, 2010, 05:19:11 PM »

I wasnt at the game so will not pass comment on it but will wait in anticipation to hear from the guys who went..

I find it  ironic that 12 months ago the same people who were saying we miss Matty Crowell are now slagging him off..

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 11, 2010, 05:26:52 PM »

I wasnt at the game so will not pass comment on it but will wait in anticipation to hear from the guys who went..

I find it  ironic that 12 months ago the same people who were saying we miss Matty Crowell are now slagging him off..

To be honest, his reputation soared unjustly by the tactic of simply not playing for us!

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

VofD

« Reply #87 on: September 11, 2010, 05:29:37 PM »

1 ( ONE ) GOAL IN 9 ( NINE ) HOURS AND 12 MINUTES OF FOOTBALL. :( :( :(

bigcol

« Reply #88 on: September 11, 2010, 05:34:23 PM »

Matty wasn't our worst player today.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 11, 2010, 05:38:04 PM »

GH's striking of the water bottle at fulltime was the best of the match for us :)

Although the f off was uncalled for ;)

Who was this remark directed at?

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Gateshead Match Thread