PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Gateshead Match Thread
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]

Author Topic: Gateshead Match Thread  (Read 19808 times)

JTH

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Gateshead Match Thread
« Reply #90 on: September 11, 2010, 05:53:50 PM »

GH's striking of the water bottle at fulltime was the best of the match for us :)

Although the f off was uncalled for ;)

Who was this remark directed at?

It was only to some of the Heed fans at the top of the stand having a pop at him. GH looked at the end of his tether to be honest.

bigcol

« Reply #91 on: September 11, 2010, 05:57:03 PM »

Yes it was some railing from the home fans. The usual GH passion :)

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #92 on: September 11, 2010, 06:00:42 PM »

Least just home fans....

altyshop

« Reply #93 on: September 11, 2010, 06:01:21 PM »

Matty Crowell is useless without Kearney next to him,he is not good enough.

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 11, 2010, 06:03:14 PM »

Matty Crowell is useless without Kearney next to him,he is not good enough.

This was an observation made by a number of us at the time

bigcol

« Reply #95 on: September 11, 2010, 06:21:23 PM »

On the bus home with a load of NUFC fans who also got beat 2-0.

Tactics are wrong - play 4-5-1, williams + smith are good enough and don't need another man, where the extra man is needed is in midfield to retain possession.

We've played 2 of the poorer teams in our league and got nowt, whilst a comparable team to ourselves like Tamworth are firing them in.

It IS possible.

brian1925

« Reply #96 on: September 11, 2010, 06:43:07 PM »

On the bus home with a load of NUFC fans who also got beat 2-0.

Tactics are wrong - play 4-5-1, williams + smith are good enough and don't need another man, where the extra man is needed is in midfield to retain possession.

We've played 2 of the poorer teams in our league and got nowt, whilst a comparable team to ourselves like Tamworth are firing them in.

It IS possible.

Absolutely spot on.

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 12, 2010, 12:30:40 AM »

Matty wasn't our worst player today.

he was, i have never seen a player so happy to lose the ball in mid field and saunter off without an apparent care in the world.

finnquark

« Reply #98 on: September 12, 2010, 12:53:25 AM »

The trouble is, you have to shoot to score.

Please stop comments like this mate. Everyone's stressed enough as it is without this.

Why? This is a fans forum and our team have yet again failed to pose a single threat on the opposition's goal. At least against Kiddy we looked a mild threat on their goal.

Just one thing left to say for me. Bye Graham.

I don't care about what you say aftet the game - feel free to comment as you like. But on a Saturday afternoon when we're all either at the game or constantly refreshing these pages, your painfully dull remarks DO NOT help. I don't know if you have ever played football. If you have you will surely know it is not always as easy as being within twenty five yards and shooting. Please don't make Saturday afternoons any more agonising by making smart remarks.

brian1925

« Reply #99 on: September 12, 2010, 08:05:55 AM »

I was a goalkeeper. I remember having shots to save. Nowt smart about that.

markecky

« Reply #100 on: September 12, 2010, 08:58:18 AM »

The problem is that we are stuck in a pattern.

We start well.  Yesterday we were in control of the game for the first 30 minutes.  McCarthy was doing well on his own with three around him all the time and was making things happen.

However as soon as they score the match is over and we never ever look like getting back in it.

Gateshead were awful..I can't be arsed reading all the threads from last night but I havent seen that mentioned.  If thats what you get for a big investment and full time training then I bet their chairman will be devastated. 

The players are on the floor, the manager is clearly on the floor and now all the arguments will kick off on here and all around and it will only get worse and worse.

Something has to give...doesn't it?

Nasha

• Regular First Team
  • Rocky
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 12, 2010, 11:13:22 AM »

Might as well put all my thoughts on this thread.

As Ecky says, we were in total control, then they score and heads go down again. Though typical of some luck this season for us, Coates makes a good save, parries it and falls to Nelthorpe to smash it in. We force their keeper into a good save just after, parries it and cleared off the line by defender.

I know people like to have a go at Twiss, but as a striker you need support from the midfield, and in every time he has come on so far, he has not had any support. Lawton was our best player, Crowell had a mare, but Robbie was completely shattered (not often that happens!!), so thats why he came odd.

I think GH is, and always will be, a complete legend. Towards the end of the game, he looked to be the only one with hunger and passion. Not his fault he tells them to watch for the man who is free, and we let in a free header. But the stats are not lying. 14 league games without a win, dating back to Easter Saturday against Kidderminster (which is also the last time we scored in the 1st half). You can have all the excuses of losing Kearney, Doughty, Little, Senior, Young, but I believe most of the summer buys have it in them to get us out of this mess, but they are not performing at all, and unfortunately the buck stops with the manager.

Graham has been here before (Lancaster in FA Cup, Lewes), but everybody has their time, and I think now we have to come to the end of the Heathcote era.

I will we there at Eastbourne, willing the team on led by Heathcote or not.
'Life isn't fair.If is was,it would be called fair.But it's not.It's called life'

Tony Adams after Euro 96
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Gateshead Match Thread