Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Graham Heathcote has contract terminated!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Graham Heathcote has contract terminated!  (Read 18146 times)

(S)ALTY

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Graham Heathcote has contract terminated!
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2010, 02:57:49 PM »

It's been a very strange and sad 48 hours.

First the Chairman then the manager ?

Good luck to you both and best wishes for the future.

I only hope that all this change is not a knee jerk reaction to the poor start to the season.

Lew Needham

« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2010, 03:02:33 PM »

A massive thank you to Graham for all he’s done! Hope he will still stay around the club and hopefully have some sort of role at Moss Lane.

Don’t get me wrong I didn’t always agree with all his choices but if you look at the squad he inherited compared to last seasons squad it shows what a great job he did for this club. Regardless of what others may say his ability to be able to recruit such talent without spending a penny shows his ability. I just wish he could have bowed out under better circumstances.

All the best Graham ,

Lew and the rest of the Needhams
« Last Edit: September 14, 2010, 03:05:50 PM by Lew Needham »

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2010, 03:10:30 PM »

The correct decision.  GH is without question one of our true legends.  Like Geoff Goodwin, he leaves us in a far better state than when he took over.  I am sure he will get another job in football and he deserves the best wishes of every Alty fan for the future.

But please, any idea of him staying around at Alty in the background (particularly at a small, close knit club like ours) is potentially very damaging.  It undermines McKenna and sends out the wrong signals about any change actually taking place. We need to look forward and stand together.

Ashley Alty

« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2010, 03:28:22 PM »

Blimey

TA

ALTYGAL

« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2010, 03:34:06 PM »

A massive thank you to Graham for all he’s done! Hope he will still stay around the club and hopefully have some sort of role at Moss Lane.

Don’t get me wrong I didn’t always agree with all his choices but if you look at the squad he inherited compared to last seasons squad it shows what a great job he did for this club. Regardless of what others may say his ability to be able to recruit such talent without spending a penny shows his ability. I just wish he could have bowed out under better circumstances.

All the best Graham ,

Lew and the rest of the Needhams

Me too gutted !!!

VofD

« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2010, 03:37:39 PM »

I won't lose any sleep over it. Nor will I miss his endless ranting at the players during a match ( up until we were 2 down), nor the abuse that he hurled at fans if he did not like their comments.CHEERIO.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2010, 03:39:15 PM »

Feeling a bit numb and sad at present.
Good luck Grahame and thanks for all you did for Alty FC...

In my opinion we don't want any ex players etc as the new manager, Just because these ex players were good players does NOT automatically make them decent managers especially if they havent had any experience. ....

Having said that I think that it is only fair and right  for Kenny Mc to take over as temp manager he knows the club, knows the current players and has had experience..

If I am honest I do not think that bringing Colin Little back is a progressive move...

I prefer Ex players to remain just that... and remember them for the good they did on the pitch on there day...

York Alty

« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2010, 03:54:38 PM »

this was inevitable after Geoff left yesterday.

Graham Heathcote did a very good job as manager, working so closely with Geoff Goodwin got this club on an even keel.  Regardless of what folk think, and I am no big fan of Grahams, his overall contribution was heavily positive.

now for the new dawn...

Narcissist

« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2010, 04:11:20 PM »

Theres ultimately been more ups than downs and who could have predicted that we'd be mixing it where we have been when GH started.

Many thanks GH, for all the memories good and bad, thats what football support is all about.

Time to move on for Alty, if we approach it in the right manner theres no reason why we cant push on further, so lets be positive.

Im hoping Ken gets a fair crack at the job.

Cheers Graham, and good luck to you and your family!

jimmyhank

« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2010, 04:12:12 PM »

Many thanks for your sterling efforts over the years and good luck for the future.

taxi Phil

« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2010, 04:48:39 PM »

Whilst I feel that it was essential that Graham step down, it doesn't alter the fact that his contribution to this club over an immense number of years was absolutely immeasurable.

Not everybody manages to go out while they're on top.  Whatever the future holds Graham, you are truly an Alty legend.

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2010, 04:52:01 PM »

Thankyou Graham, A Legend as a player and Backroom staff member. enjoy your free time and feel free to come and watch us you've earned the right to sit with VofD and heckle our next manager  :P

jamestimperleyrobin

« Reply #27 on: September 14, 2010, 05:04:29 PM »

It was for the best at this current time but thank you so much Graham for your work over the years, an alty legend

robins1978

« Reply #28 on: September 14, 2010, 05:15:55 PM »

GOOD LUCK AND THANKS THANKS THANKS TO BOTH GH & GG. MR ALTRINCHAM HAS LEFT THE BUILDING - A SAD DAY FOR ALTY AND GH THAT IT ENDED THIS WAY. I DO THINK AND HOPE HE'LL BE BACK ONE DAY AND MAYBE GEOFF TOO !

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 14, 2010, 05:43:21 PM »

Thanks and good luck Graham. There are few managers who could match what you have done. I hope the time out is beneficial before you manage again. The Brittania Stadium Stoke in May 2005 will live long in the memory, up there with our greatest days.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Graham Heathcote has contract terminated!