Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Graham Heathcote has contract terminated!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Graham Heathcote has contract terminated!  (Read 18111 times)

Scottie

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
Re: Graham Heathcote has contract terminated!
« Reply #30 on: September 14, 2010, 05:48:21 PM »

Thanks a million Graham, we are gutted in this household. I am sure you will be manager of another club in the not to distant future.

JT

« Reply #31 on: September 14, 2010, 05:52:15 PM »

Really sad to hear this, but probably the correct decision for the football club but also his own personal happiness.  

Graham gave me the opportunity of work experience at the club a few years ago, which was thoroughly enjoyable, and having got to know some of his family they really are lovely people and will be missed.  

Thank you GH

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 14, 2010, 06:24:57 PM »

I personally want to say thankyou and good luck to Graham and hope he takes a well earned break.

I doubt anyone will EVER get a team promoted without spending any money and within a strict budget whilst clearing a debt, we should ALL remember this. We could be a whole lot worse off.

Its a shame its happened the way it has, and in hindsight if his personal matters had happened at a different time he might have resigned end of last season.

I also think Little should be politely told thanks but no thanks, although it kind of leaves him in limbo which isn't the Alty way.

New chapter awaits....

Longman

« Reply #33 on: September 14, 2010, 06:39:17 PM »

I just want to say thank you to Graham for all his hard work and the fantastic job he has done at the club.

Personally I believe he didn't receive the level of support from our own fans that maybe he was deserving of.

Thanks again, a new era awaits us, lets hope we move forward and not backwards!

Nasha

• Regular First Team
  • Rocky
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 14, 2010, 07:18:52 PM »

Many thanks Graham. There has been a lot of highs and lows from day1,but the last 8 years have mostly been a joy to watch (even in the getting tonked 5-0 days to teams like York, you still have to make sure we were playing league matches against these sides).

He may not be everyones cup of tea, but no-one can doubt he has been a successful manager at the club, and him and Geoff have left this club in a much better state than when they came.

The club now moves forward,with the aim of climbing back up the league, and regaining confidence.
'Life isn't fair.If is was,it would be called fair.But it's not.It's called life'

Tony Adams after Euro 96

ASMO

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • oxfords barbers
« Reply #35 on: September 14, 2010, 07:41:38 PM »

Good luck for the future , think it had to happen , lets get behind Kenny now , and get us back on track
come on alty

stagsfan

« Reply #36 on: September 14, 2010, 08:09:41 PM »

will miss his rants with Mansfield Town fans, he always took it well!

But alty deserve better than being bottom of the league!

ant

« Reply #37 on: September 14, 2010, 08:39:06 PM »

All the best Graham.

Bangor on Dee Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 14, 2010, 08:46:14 PM »

Best wishes Graham, it will be very different without you. The king is dead, long live .......

wonderstuff

« Reply #39 on: September 14, 2010, 08:48:41 PM »

When the invite for the interested is thrown out, I wonder who will come?

The Undertaker

« Reply #40 on: September 14, 2010, 09:33:47 PM »

thanks GH for your hard work at the club   

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 14, 2010, 10:23:48 PM »

Has to be a thank you. Fantastic memories of the man as a player, some great memories of him as manager (including some of his TV interviews). Ultimately though I think this was probably the correct decision for the club and for himself. I hope he takes a well earned break and kicks back for a while to contemplate where he's at. If he decides he's got the appetite back, I wish him all the best when he reenters the footballing fray.
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 15, 2010, 07:46:47 AM »

I to am Gutted by this,He did a great Job under Difficult circumbstances with no money to spend.Losing Greg and Chris did not help matters this season either.I am in Shock and at a complete lose at the moment,think it was a bad move by the club to agre to let him go.
Harold

markecky

« Reply #43 on: September 15, 2010, 08:41:23 AM »

I to am Gutted by this,He did a great Job under Difficult circumbstances with no money to spend.Losing Greg and Chris did not help matters this season either.I am in Shock and at a complete lose at the moment,think it was a bad move by the club to agre to let him go.

There can be no disputing that Graham has done an excellent job under trying circumstances for 7 of the last 8 years.  He has also worked well as an assistant to Kingy and Bernard and deserved the chance to be manager, just like Ken McKenna does now.

Harold, everyone is entitled to their opinion but I would challenge anyone who saw the second half at Gateshead to tell me where the next point was coming from.  In a recent MORI poll I was voted third most positive person on the forum after Distance Traveller and Mick and I could not tell you it was going to get any better.

Once it was made clear he would never resign for financial reasons, sacking him was 100% the correct decision unless we were to go down without a fight.

Its not nice but for me its true.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2010, 08:43:00 AM by markecky »

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 15, 2010, 09:06:49 AM »

There can be no disputing that Graham has done an excellent job under trying circumstances for 7 of the last 8 years.  He has also worked well as an assistant to Kingy and Bernard and deserved the chance to be manager, just like Ken McKenna does now.

Harold, everyone is entitled to their opinion but I would challenge anyone who saw the second half at Gateshead to tell me where the next point was coming from.  In a recent MORI poll I was voted third most positive person on the forum after Distance Traveller and Mick and I could not tell you it was going to get any better.

Once it was made clear he would never resign for financial reasons, sacking him was 100% the correct decision unless we were to go down without a fight.

Its not nice but for me its true.

Did I only come second........must try harder in future to beat Ray ! ;D
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Graham Heathcote has contract terminated!