Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Graham Heathcote has contract terminated!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Graham Heathcote has contract terminated!  (Read 18109 times)

joe

Re: Graham Heathcote has contract terminated!
« Reply #45 on: September 15, 2010, 09:10:14 AM »

According to todays Evening News Graham resigned. The paper has quotes from Graham Rowley that include 'He came to us and said he didn't fancy the battle of another campaign' and 'We as a board were behind him and weren't looking to make a change'.

taxi Phil

« Reply #46 on: September 15, 2010, 09:59:50 AM »

I don't believe for a moment that we've seen the last of Graham. This has been a difficult few weeks for him, and he's probably at the lowest ebb of his entire life.

I believe that the time was right for him to go, but that doesn't mean that, when he's recharged his batteries, and he's up for the unique challenge that is football management, he won't reappear to play a role of some kind for the club that he loves.

im not really here

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 15, 2010, 10:32:56 AM »

I am glad that GH realised that this situation couldnt continue, anyone that thought otherwise was just burying their head in the sand. I am slightly horrified by Grahame Rowleys comments in the M.E.N that the board hadn't even considered that a change in manager might be necessary, I think this shows who exactly was running the club. There is life after Heathcote and I look forward to the new regime whoever they may be. For the new manager to be given a chance GH should not been invited back to the club in a formal position this would only undermine the manager and put them under pressure.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2010, 10:50:48 AM by im not really here »

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 15, 2010, 10:48:15 AM »

Dont believe everything you read in the papers....

Jezza

« Reply #49 on: September 15, 2010, 10:58:43 AM »

There have been a few times in recent years when I couldn't see where the next goal or point was going to come from.....and when folk were chanting the heathcote out mantra.

I think of that game at Lancaster where we were hopeless and Tony sullivan ran us ragged.....I think of lewes....I think of when we played bottom club vauxhall motors and the 'cote played pottsy up front by himself, left Marcus hallows on the bench and threw Talbs up front for the last 15 mins where I just couldn't see how 'cote could possibly continue let alone turn it round.

But these dark spells were instantly transformed and the 'cote did indeed turn it round.

This time just felt different didn't it?

joe

« Reply #50 on: September 15, 2010, 11:05:00 AM »

I admitted earlier in the season that i felt like watching Alty had turned into a habit rather that something i enjoyed. With the news that Heathcote has gone my enthusiasm has suddenly come flooding back and i can't wait for Barrow! It's too short notice for me to make Eastbourne but i'm really looking forward to the rest of this season now where we'll hopefuuly see some attacking,entertaing football with plenty of encouragment coming from the manager on the sidelines.

markecky

« Reply #51 on: September 15, 2010, 11:09:08 AM »

There have been a few times in recent years when I couldn't see where the next goal or point was going to come from.....and when folk were chanting the heathcote out mantra.

I think of that game at Lancaster where we were hopeless and Tony sullivan ran us ragged.....I think of lewes....I think of when we played bottom club vauxhall motors and the 'cote played pottsy up front by himself, left Marcus hallows on the bench and threw Talbs up front for the last 15 mins where I just couldn't see how 'cote could possibly continue let alone turn it round.

But these dark spells were instantly transformed and the 'cote did indeed turn it round.

This time just felt different didn't it?

Totally spot on.

im not really here

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 15, 2010, 11:09:51 AM »

I think your right, in the past Heathcote attacked any detractors, this time during games he just slumped against the dugout and then there was Black Thursday where he admitted That he was fallible something he would never have done in the past. Incidentally Black Thursday will live long in the memory along with the "your all f.....g Gobsh*tes" meeting at the start of the Heathcote era. I think there's a great symmetry there. You can say what you want about Graham Heathcote and I often have but you can't say his era wasn't a rollercoaster.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Graham Heathcote has contract terminated!