Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Graham Heathcote - gone but never to be forgotten. No moaning posts here please!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Graham Heathcote - gone but never to be forgotten. No moaning posts here please!  (Read 14770 times)

JackSwindells No 1 Fan

Great servant
Alty fanatic
Deserves a testimonial game of some kind, whether or not he received compensation.
Must be appointed a Life VP
If you want to gloat or moan about him go somewhere else to do it.
Never forget that pen at the Kop
Never forget his free kicks
Never forget the awfuil moustache
Never forget his lovely Mum

Celebrate his achievement...but get behind Kenny and the lads.

alty_fc_senny

Great servant
Alty fanatic
Deserves a testimonial game of some kind, whether or not he received compensation.

seconded, best of luck to Graham in the future

Dougals Dad

Graham is Alty through & through and, despite some difficult times over the years has always come good. I remember going up to him after the infamous Lewis match and telling him to keep going and it would come good - and it did - but I don't think he heard me as his face was one of thunder! This was just that one difficult time too many along with his sad personal loss recently.

Nobody has ever fought more for the Alty cause and he will be missed as a manager, mentor, leader and as a man of character, stoicism and experience. I hope there will always be a position for him at the club - honoroury life vice president or some such - even if he gets a role elsewhere in football. I can see some smaller club getting the great benefit of Graham's experience.

I hope Graham is able to get a wee break, however - the last few weeks must have taken a great toll on him.

But, Graham, thanks for everything you have done for the club (so far) and the way you have been able to work with Geoff Goodwin & the board to run a club the way it should be run and with - lets face it - success. The stats will not tell the true story.

On a personal level I wish I had been able to go to the events that Graham has presented - it seems these are where we have seen the great wit, raconteurishness and rapport he has with the players and fans (there have been blemishes - Lewis - but they are history)  and Graham has come good from these in the past.

Graham - I hope we will see you at Moss Lane, but thanks for everything and wishing you and your family all the very best.

Longman

I echo everything thats been said, would be nice to see Graham down at Moss Lane in the future.

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

This is a very sad day for me. I have known (and worked with Graham when I was involved with the club) for many years and he has always been a really honest, genuine hard working man and a very talented footballer and manager, with a great sense of humour. The pressure has recently been great on Graham, not least losing his lovely Mum, but no more than the pressure he always brought on himself through his passion for Alty.

I wish you and your family every possible success in whatever you do in future, and hope to see you sometime soon for a beer in the bar. Ian F

Midlands Alty

• Youth Team
    • View Profile

An end of an era that I did not want to see come to an end personally.
Graham has worked wonders over the years to achieve what he has.
The word legend is used a little too often and loosely for me sometimes - it should be reserved for people like Graham, who truly deserve it.
Thanks for some great memories, and best of luck for whatever comes next.

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk

As I have said before I am grateful for what you have done in the past for the football club, as afterall it was you that got the club back in the Conference. but I think this decision is correct for moving forwards and for all parties.

I am sure our paths will cross again with you at another football club.

Scottie

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile

What a true gent. My daughter and her friend wanted to interview Graham for the school magazine and he was more than happy to oblige. He took them onto the pitch for a photo and said his greatest moment at Moss Lane was the first FA trophy win at Leatherhead and his worst the own goal in the last minute of the same competition against Enfield. I had some shouting matches with him from the main stand but his passion could not be faulted. Good luck Graham.

andrewflynn

First manager I've properly known at Altrincham, and it will take something extremely special to shadow what I've seen. Good luck in the future for whatever you do Graham, thanks for everything you've done at the club.

Alfa Romeo

Best of luck for the future Graham. A true Alty legend

B. 4D

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

A MAN THAT HAS ALTY IN HIS HEART. A SAD DAY
NOW IT'S UP TO THE HEATHCOTE WINGERS TO PUT HANDS IN THEIR POCKETS AND COME UP WITH THE GOODS.
I TAKE IT THE NEW MANAGER WILL NOW HAVE THOUSANDS TO SPEND!!!!!!!!!

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile

A MAN THAT HAS ALTY IN HIS HEART. A SAD DAY
NOW IT'S UP TO THE HEATHCOTE WINGERS TO PUT HANDS IN THEIR POCKETS AND COME UP WITH THE GOODS.
I TAKE IT THE NEW MANAGER WILL NOW HAVE THOUSANDS TO SPEND!!!!!!!!!

That was part of the problem there were no heathcote wingers.
Bernard Taylors barmy army

jimmyhank

Great servant
Alty fanatic

Yeah - quality. I was there for that game and won £1 when some knob said that he'd miss.

AltyIan

All the bad words said about  GH recently were somewhat unjust. The fact of the matter is he is one of the best players and managers we have ever had, and i personally GH would like to give you a massive thanks for all that you have done. Those shoes are now tough to fill. Hopefully not the last time your involved with the club, cheers graham.

jamestimperleyrobin

Another thank you from me and a legendary status still remains in your name
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Graham Heathcote - gone but never to be forgotten. No moaning posts here please!