Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Graham Heathcote - gone but never to be forgotten. No moaning posts here please!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Graham Heathcote - gone but never to be forgotten. No moaning posts here please!  (Read 14772 times)

robins1978

Thanks Graham for all you did at Alty over the last 30+ years. Sorry this chapter of Mr. Altrincham ended this way. You will hopefully be back one day. Last season when my son was macsot he was a bit shy &  didnt want to do it on the day. Then it was suggested I take him into the players changing room. They were all watching the live game on the telly. When they saw George they came over and spoke to him saying things like 'whose name have yer got on ya shirt mate? I bet it's mine said Matt Doughty. They made him feel so special. The Ken Mac said take him in to see the boss. GH was great with him asked him if he was excited about being mascot and gave him some jaffa cakes. GH said take him out on the pitch for a kick about to get the feel of it. I did and there was no stopping him then. He didnt want to get off and when the match started he wanted to join in with the players. So thanks to GH he had a great day (beat Salisbury 5-0) and he was mascot again at the Cambridge game. So thanks GH (ALTY LEGEND), thanks so much and hope to see you back one day. :)
« Last Edit: September 14, 2010, 11:16:26 PM by robins1978 »

Jacko

Re: Graham Heathcote - gone but never to be forgotten. No moaning posts here ple
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2010, 10:23:38 PM »

What a crazy few months! U deserve all the thanks as u did make a good team out of are budget, I would have loved to see what u could have done if we didn't lose are best players, I actually think u were improving each season too, all the best  

ALTYGAL

Cheers GH for everything you have done for Alty over the years wether it be  player, sec, manager, compere - whatever role you took on you gave 100% and some people will only realise now  it 's gone what you actually did for the club. 

A true servant - don't be a stranger to ML - but don't come back to bite us in the bum either  :D

BIG THANKS GH - LEGEND

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

True LEGEND and maybe one day in the future GH may be back. Thanks for all the great memories you have givem me.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

This is a very sad day for me. I have known (and worked with Graham when I was involved with the club) for many years and he has always been a really honest, genuine hard working man and a very talented footballer and manager, with a great sense of humour. The pressure has recently been great on Graham, not least losing his lovely Mum, but no more than the pressure he always brought on himself through his passion for Alty.

I wish you and your family every possible success in whatever you do in future, and hope to see you sometime soon for a beer in the bar. Ian F

You don't know him that well then - doesn't he only drink tea.....?!

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

Great servant
Alty fanatic
Deserves a testimonial game of some kind, whether or not he received compensation.
Must be appointed a Life VP
If you want to gloat or moan about him go somewhere else to do it.
Never forget that pen at the Kop
Never forget his free kicks
Never forget the awfuil moustache
Never forget his lovely Mum

Celebrate his achievement...but get behind Kenny and the lads.

Nic,

I know where you're coming from with this list and I have numerous treasured memories of GH in his playing days, in particular, but I think you will find that he has already been treated to two testimonial games at Moss Lane.....plus compensation for his departure.

« Last Edit: September 15, 2010, 12:12:06 AM by TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe »
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Aussie Bob

Good luck Graham not sure what you are going to do with yourself now but best of luck with the future , you have been a great servant for the cllub and i hope you continue to have relationship with the club and the fans.

Jezza

Thanks for all the memories.... from that sublime pass to John hughes at Everton that completely fooled the linesman to that sublime pass to Bob latchford at OT... to the penalty at anfield, the free kicks when we told the keeper where it was going to the v-flicking response to a sarcastic "oh good ball heathcote".....it's been a fantastic roller coaster of an entertaining love hate ride.....a truelly gifted player and a highly respected coach and a succesful manager who did lead us to the most unlikely of play off promotions on a pittance based on team spirit as well as skill (I feel like eamon andrews...graham heathcote this is yer life).....that play off season was the one i enjoyed most in many a year because of the fantastic spirt around the whole club.....that was down to the manager.

There can be no fitter tribute I feel than one final Heathcote out!...wouldn't have had it any other way, it's been brilliant...... please don't be a stranger.....heathcote...heathcote....top left keeper!

Good luck in whatever you do next!

Kingys Beard

Thank you Graham!!  And good luck!

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

Good luck in what ever you decide to do Graham,after all the comments on this forum of late,i have been checking in everyday with dread in case this happenned.I'm really really sorry to see you go.
Harold

RedhillAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

No player/ex player/Manager gave so much to Alty over such a long time.
I remember his photo with his football boots in the Altrincham Guardian when he joined the club as a teenager.
He battled through thick and thin both on the pitch and off it for the Alty cause.
I know he had his critics, but some people would moan if they were given the Cullinan diamond.
When I told my 8 year old son of Graham's resignation his response was 'Ag, but he's such a nice man'. See how some people will remember him.

Froz

will never forget Nunny on pens, Kettering in extra time and Eastburne in 90, thanks for taking us this far, good luck to you and your family

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

Graham, known you as a player and assist/manager since Oct 74, been through all the chants of go left keeper for the free kick, or go right. Chanting all different directions at the same time, but we of course knew the inevitable. GGOOOAAALLLLL!! We were only trying to help, keeper!! Remember the cries of Heathcote, Heathcote, every time we got a free kick.

I know a little of what the pressure can be like managing any footy team whether junior or senior, but for you it was 10-fold. With the budgets and constraint you had you always did your best for me, but a lot of it was about taking gambles with what we had.

I am so sorry it all ended this way, and I really hope you keep in touch with the club and ourselves also in the years to come.

You will always be Mr Altrincham to me!!!

Good luck and best wishes in everthing you do and heartfelt thanks for everything Graham.

Lew Needham

Thanks for all you’ve done for Altrincham (which is a hell of a lot)

Have some great memories whilst you’ve been at the club;

•   when I first started following the Robins when you were assistant to Kingy
•   when I did my work experience at Moss Lane and witnessing first hand your obsession with the pitch  ;)
•   the week before you became manager, when you were briefly our postman and I told you that you should be manager. How right was I! although Dino wouldn’t agree
•   every game in the conference north play offs, especially the party at Moss Lane after the play off final
•   bringing Col Little to the club
•   the banter you would have with me and Ollie whenever we were attending pre match dinners. Although not entirely sure whether it was banter?!  :o
•   some great games in the conference, especially in the early days when the excitement of having Conference football back at the club was huge

Anyway all the best for the future, hope to see you at Moss Lane again someday!!

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

I for one am genuinely sorry to see you go Grahame but if as reported you didnt have the enthusiasm and drive to re-build yet another squad then I respect you for that..

Best wishes to you and yours and hope to see you again soon..

Whoever takes over will not better you as a compare at the dinners, Unless Frankie Boyle takes over as manager   ;)

Good luck

Ray & Jill Sant
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Graham Heathcote - gone but never to be forgotten. No moaning posts here please!