News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Ex players and legends

Author Topic: Ex players and legends  (Read 3508 times)

Lew Needham

Ex players and legends
« on: September 16, 2010, 01:00:38 PM »

Theres a lot of talk about ex players at the minute and I just wondered that over the years have any ex players actually regularly attended Moss Lane as fans?

We all have ideas that players are alty through and through but i don't recall any coming back to regularly watch after they retired?

I remember thinking Mick Carmody was Alty through and through, especially after hearing the story about how he sat on his own in the main stand for hours after we got relegated, but never heard of him coming to Moss Lane since he stopped playing. Even people like Johny King never seem to come to Moss Lane?

Does anoyone know of any?

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Ex players and legends.
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2010, 01:31:40 PM »

I've seen Steve Phillips and Andy Brown at the odd game. Steve Roberts too. And Chrissy  Adams whose dad Hank is a moss lane regular. 

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Ex players and legends
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2010, 04:06:35 PM »

I've seen Peter Conning (of the 1986 FA Trophy-winning team) at Moss Lane on a couple of occasions this season.

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2010, 06:08:33 PM »

Danny Adams has been seen on the terraces at times too i seem to recall

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2010, 06:43:14 PM »

Theres a lot of talk about ex players at the minute and I just wondered that over the years have any ex players actually regularly attended Moss Lane as fans?

We all have ideas that players are alty through and through but i don't recall any coming back to regularly watch after they retired?

I remember thinking Mick Carmody was Alty through and through, especially after hearing the story about how he sat on his own in the main stand for hours after we got relegated, but never heard of him coming to Moss Lane since he stopped playing. Even people like Johny King never seem to come to Moss Lane?

I have spoke with Mick Carmody and Paul France on the popside in recent years......only seen them once though
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Jenga

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2010, 07:52:29 PM »

Seen Warren Peyton only this season.

RocketDan

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2010, 08:00:12 PM »

Rod Thornley goes to a few a season.

taxi Phil

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2010, 08:05:30 PM »

Peter Densmore's been down to watch his son.

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2010, 08:28:01 PM »

I've seen Peter Conning and Mark Maddox this season

Bath Alty

« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2010, 10:20:01 PM »

I have spoke with Mick Carmody and Paul France on the popside in recent years......only seen them once though

What do you say to them that they never return?

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2010, 10:49:11 PM »

The last time I saw Carmo and Franny they were stood on the mausoleum with Ricky Harris and Neill HArdy watching our pitiful capitulation to Unibond League football in the 1999/2000 season.

THere was more heart, desire, belief, character, hurt and genuine feeling for this club amongst that quartet than the collection of players mustered up that season.

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2010, 11:25:18 PM »

I had the pleasure of nattering to Paul Showler by the perimiter fence on the flagged side, this was a couple of years after he left us.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Ex players and legends