PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Eastbourne Match Thread
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12]

Author Topic: Eastbourne Match Thread  (Read 45900 times)

kevinanderson

Re: Eastbourne Match Thread
« Reply #165 on: September 19, 2010, 11:17:16 AM »

Firstly just to say thanks for listening, to those Alty fans who found their way to the BBC Sussex commentary. Bit cheeky of us to piggy-back on your forum but just trying to keep in touch with the Alty perspective as well as our own.   It was my colleague Andrew Raeburn on the mic yesterday, not me, but we both decided when we came up to Conference National that we would try to keep it reasonably neutral, since there are always a lot of away fans unable to travel.  Nothing worse than hearing a one-sided commentary crowing away and ignoring the away team.

Secondly sorry to see the club in a state of err, flux, and really hope things get back on track for you.  There's a bit of affinity between us "small-scale" clubs, I think.

Best wishes

Kevin Anderson
BBC Sussex 

bigcol

« Reply #166 on: September 19, 2010, 11:40:10 AM »

Top man Kevin.

Good luck 4 the rest of the season.

ArmchairAlty

« Reply #167 on: September 19, 2010, 12:11:42 PM »

Firstly just to say thanks for listening, to those Alty fans who found their way to the BBC Sussex commentary. Bit cheeky of us to piggy-back on your forum but just trying to keep in touch with the Alty perspective as well as our own.   It was my colleague Andrew Raeburn on the mic yesterday, not me, but we both decided when we came up to Conference National that we would try to keep it reasonably neutral, since there are always a lot of away fans unable to travel.  Nothing worse than hearing a one-sided commentary crowing away and ignoring the away team.

Secondly sorry to see the club in a state of err, flux, and really hope things get back on track for you.  There's a bit of affinity between us "small-scale" clubs, I think.

Best wishes

Kevin Anderson
BBC Sussex 

Top man, shame the only positive from yesterday was the excellent commentary!

jimmyhank

« Reply #168 on: September 19, 2010, 09:01:44 PM »

Cheers, Kevin.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Eastbourne Match Thread