PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Tuesday and my opinions..
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Tuesday and my opinions..  (Read 6510 times)

Nasha

• Regular First Team
  • Rocky
    • View Profile
Re: Tuesday and my opinions..
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2010, 09:10:31 PM »

Can we please please please just go for it and play the most attacking formation our squad will allow us, were probably expected to get battered anyway, if were going to lose let's lose trying to play well and by throwing the kitchen sink at them, not playing negatively and easily get brushed pass 2 or 3-0.

Easier said than done.Which is worse,that we've only scored 4 in 9,or that we've conceded 22 in 9??

Personally I'd say the defense.Shore that up,get a stuffy 1-0 win and build from there. It may not be pretty,but if it kick-starts the season I will take it.
'Life isn't fair.If is was,it would be called fair.But it's not.It's called life'

Tony Adams after Euro 96

AltyIan

« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2010, 09:17:38 PM »

Can we please please please just go for it and play the most attacking formation our squad will allow us, were probably expected to get battered anyway, if were going to lose let's lose trying to play well and by throwing the kitchen sink at them, not playing negatively and easily get brushed pass 2 or 3-0.

Easier said than done.Which is worse,that we've only scored 4 in 9,or that we've conceded 22 in 9??

Personally I'd say the defense.Shore that up,get a stuffy 1-0 win and build from there. It may not be pretty,but if it kick-starts the season I will take it.

I understand your logic but the way were playing at the minute we look like conceding every attack anyway, every possible scenario is going to have pros and cons. I just don't want us to be really defensive and once we concede know that its game over, Plan A the only plan has failed. Personally i would much rather have a you have a shot we have a shot game on tuesday.

markecky

« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2010, 09:19:40 PM »

I agree with you AltyIan but with if Clee and Denham are injured then his hands are tied somewhat.

I just want to see fight, fight and more fight.

alty.fc

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2010, 11:05:45 PM »

I agree with mark its 11 vs 11 every player has to from the pit of there stomach run untill they feel sick fight for every lose ball I can't stand it when players put on a shirt for any team at any level and don't try that's the biggest betrayal
Come on you red and white........

Leighton_Alty

« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2010, 11:57:49 AM »

Spot on Flynny 

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2010, 01:37:24 PM »

Extract from NLP:
"Acting boss Ken McKenna says he has learnt all he needs to know after watching bottom-of-the-table Altrincham thrashed by a bubbling Eastbourne Borough at Priory Lane. McKenna who took over the Alty hot seat after last week's departure of manager Graham Heathcote, stopped short of saying he wanted the job permanently. But he vowed "I will not leave them in the mire.This is a fantastic club which has been good to me. There is a lot of work to be done and I am prepared to sit down with the board and tell them what I think is required to take the club forward." McKenna admitted he had made a mistake in changing the system from 3-5-2 to 4-4-2. "We were second best all over the park today.We were not marking, we were not winning second balls. We were lucky we were only beaten by five. It was a hard lesson, but I believe I have learnt all I need to know."

I find this an interesting turn of phrase. What exactly does he mean by that? Surely, he would have already had a very good idea of what needs to be done, having been involved since the start of the season? Or is he stating that he now knows how certain players will or will not respond to him being in charge?
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

AltyIan

« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2010, 01:40:28 PM »

'I will not leave them in the mire' Maybe i'm reading too much into it but it would have been much better if he said us instead of them.

markecky

« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2010, 01:54:26 PM »

Extract from NLP:
"Acting boss Ken McKenna says he has learnt all he needs to know after watching bottom-of-the-table Altrincham thrashed by a bubbling Eastbourne Borough at Priory Lane. McKenna who took over the Alty hot seat after last week's departure of manager Graham Heathcote, stopped short of saying he wanted the job permanently. But he vowed "I will not leave them in the mire.This is a fantastic club which has been good to me. There is a lot of work to be done and I am prepared to sit down with the board and tell them what I think is required to take the club forward." McKenna admitted he had made a mistake in changing the system from 3-5-2 to 4-4-2. "We were second best all over the park today.We were not marking, we were not winning second balls. We were lucky we were only beaten by five. It was a hard lesson, but I believe I have learnt all I need to know."

I find this an interesting turn of phrase. What exactly does he mean by that? Surely, he would have already had a very good idea of what needs to be done, having been involved since the start of the season? Or is he stating that he now knows how certain players will or will not respond to him being in charge?

I think it means that he wanted to give them a chance to show what they could do  before confirming that a lot were charlatans.

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2010, 02:40:33 PM »

Extract from NLP:

I think it means that he wanted to give them a chance to show what they could do  before confirming that a lot were charlatans.

Seems a fair interpretation
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

John W

« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2010, 08:21:50 PM »

I agree with you AltyIan but with if Clee and Denham are injured then his hands are tied somewhat.

Some of our current squad couldn't fight their way out of a paper bag.  Most of em have permanently stiff necks from their heads dropping after 30 mins of each game.

markecky

« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2010, 08:27:41 PM »

Some of our current squad couldn't fight their way out of a paper bag.  Most of em have permanently stiff necks from their heads dropping after 30 mins of each game.

I know.

John Crewe

« Reply #26 on: September 20, 2010, 08:34:23 PM »

Lets hope Denham and Clee are fit for tomorrow - we need them!

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 20, 2010, 09:57:41 PM »

Like slightly alluded to before, I think Ken probably knows what the problems are but that game would've confirmed them. Stuff like...

Are this lot just pissed off with GH and it's a case of encouraging them and raising their spirits? - No

Have we looked shaky at the back cos of the formation and backk to a basis 442 make a difference? - No

Will playing players in their more familiar positions help them to look anything remotely resembling a footballer? - Definately no.

This job is looking tougher all the time but Ken has my full support. And I hope he will do tomorrow from all of us.

altyshop

« Reply #28 on: September 20, 2010, 10:38:33 PM »

Home win 2mrw
Kenny will rally the lads and we will battle for our 1st victory of the season
KMc will then get the job full time and lead us into the F.A CUP 4TH round were we get beat 11-3 by man city and stay up last game of the season ;D
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Tuesday and my opinions..