PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Get Dale back !!!
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Get Dale back !!!  (Read 14728 times)

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Get Dale back !!!
« on: September 19, 2010, 04:02:41 PM »

Can we not terminate Twiss contract as mutual consent. We need Dale back, mistake letting him go !!! McCarthy as posted not long ago will not bang them in !!!!

I hope I eat my words but I think it Heathcote going willl be a mistake, because yesterday is a sh*t way to step it up for a new manager

altyshop

Re: Get Dale back !!!
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2010, 04:10:36 PM »

Agree he might not be a goalscorer but his awareness and touch is class
How about bringing Peter Doran and Adam Carden back,miles better than anything we have in the midfield.
By the way Crowell might aswell stay in wales on tuesday,he is more useful up there,the lad in terrible

markecky

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2010, 04:52:12 PM »

Yeah lets get another player in with no heart.

He was informed that Hyde had come in for him and he took the easy option and bolted.

How about bringing in a player who has never played for us before?

shelmers

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2010, 05:03:38 PM »

Dot be stupid Dale is not a conference national player you pleb!! Get a new player in with guts who wants to progress in the football world!!

andrewflynn

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2010, 05:29:10 PM »

Any player who comes into the club now needs the right attitude or it will simply be a waste of a signing.

Altyant

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2010, 06:13:09 PM »

Can we not terminate Twiss contract as mutual consent. We need Dale back, mistake letting him go !!! McCarthy as posted not long ago will not bang them in !!!!

I hope I eat my words but I think it Heathcote going willl be a mistake, because yesterday is a sh*t way to step it up for a new manager

And neither would Dale

ALTYGAL

« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2010, 06:18:32 PM »

don't think we could afford to pay off twiss / josephs / crowell - already had to fork out for GH - the cupboard is bare  :-\ :'(

Loan players it'll have to be

Jacko

« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2010, 06:23:02 PM »

He should still be here imo, there's a lot worse out there on his wages, stevenage offered him a full time contract before his injury so there was something there

markecky

« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2010, 06:31:52 PM »

He should still be here imo, there's a lot worse out there on his wages, stevenage offered him a full time contract before his injury so there was something there

To the best of my knowledge he was given the choice Jacko, told of the interest Hyde had in him and opted to go there on the same money.

We didnt stand in his way because if a player will go that easily he isnt committed and on paper it allowed is to free up a wage, probable to pay Hewson and/or Mccarthy I would have thought.

Therefore the decision was made by him.  And he took the easy option.

Of course thats up to him but if thats the kind of player he was (and he was well looked after during his injury and given the best treatment we could) then he isnt going to be one to lead the fight.

That said, I would consider Doran coming back.  Rough and tough players who will not lie down or hide are what we need at the moment.

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2010, 06:35:44 PM »

The fact that he is scoring for hyde proves how much poorer a league that is, mccarthy would have a field day, as would reeves
Bernard Taylors barmy army

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2010, 06:43:30 PM »

Shelmers - next home game, feel free to call me a plebe to my face, the forum is about opinions not to abuse people !!!

And in my opinion Dale is conference level, he wasn't give the chance after his injury, didn't he only start one or two games ? and he was one of our 3 goalscorers. I also heard that he went to Hyde because he knew we were looking at other strikers and wanted to play regular football after his injury, which as a footballer makes sense, play or sit on a bench urmmmmm let me think !!!!

Jacko

« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2010, 06:47:58 PM »

To the best of my knowledge he was given the choice Jacko, told of the interest Hyde had in him and opted to go there on the same money. If this the case then I agree but it might not be

We didnt stand in his way because if a player will go that easily he isnt committed and on paper it allowed is to free up a wage, probable to pay Hewson and/or Mccarthy I would have thought.

Therefore the decision was made by him.  And he took the easy option.

Of course thats up to him but if thats the kind of player he was (and he was well looked after during his injury and given the best treatment we could) then he isnt going to be one to lead the fight.

That said, I would consider Doran coming back.  Rough and tough players who will not lie down or hide are what we need at the moment.

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2010, 07:15:49 PM »

Twiss is a proven goalscorer and should be able to do a job. I've not seen him recently but if he's as unfit as said then firstly he needs to answer to the club as to why and secondly if he's on a contract he needs to fulfill his part and be match or at least now physically fit. If he can't do that then surely his contract is broken by not being in a condition to fulfill it?
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

AltySi

« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2010, 07:23:46 PM »

Dale Johnson is not the answer. End of thread.

Alfa Romeo

« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2010, 07:50:25 PM »

Didn't Doran choose to go for more money? In which case, no point wishing him back really. And it would seem Dale has found his level for now, he wasn't able to cut it week in week out even before his injury. A great shame because his best was really good but we only saw it a handful of times. Twiss should be in the gym at gunpoint till he's fit! I keep watching the You Tube footage of his Morecambe days and if he could reproduce 50% of that he could be a star for us
Pages: [1] 2 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Get Dale back !!!