PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Get Dale back !!!
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Get Dale back !!!  (Read 14730 times)

Jacko

Re: Get Dale back !!!
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2010, 08:33:05 PM »

dont think any of our players have cut it tbh they all look bsn at the moment

brian1925

« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2010, 08:43:51 PM »

Let's be honest about this for one moment. Michael Twiss has got enough in him to save our season. Can he be bothered? I don't know the man, or what or may not have happened behind the scenes, but atm his past excellent reputation is being murdered. No point holding him at gunpoint in the gym. What Ecky says about Dale, applies to Michael Twiss too - if he can be bothered, then he must stand up to the mark...or go.

taxi Phil

« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2010, 10:15:19 PM »

I was a little concerned about Twiss when he went on loan to Stalybridge at the end of last season and couldn't get into THEIR team. As soon as I clapped eyes on him pre-season and clocked the amount of timber he was carrying that concern increased.

IF - and it's a BIG if - he gets himself fit, then he's obviously a quality player. Unfortunately an unfit quality player can't possibly live up to his reputation. I've got this horrible feeling that he's going to milk that two year contract for every penny he can squeeze out of the club. "Last Decent Payday Syndrome".

Reading this Michael ? Then PLEASE prove me wrong, sort yourself out, and become an Alty Legend like Colin Little ! I know you've got in you - take pride in yourself and show us what you can REALLY do.

markecky

« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2010, 10:17:47 PM »

I still refuse to write him off without seeing with my own eyes in 2-3 games that he does not have what it takes.

However the fact (he may have been injured bit I didnt hear that)  the Kenny didnt even take him to Eastbourne could speak volumes for what he has seen of him.

I pray I am wrong.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2010, 08:26:21 AM »

I have to say this constant urging for the club to get back players who were released really is a negative step IMO... Say what you like about the present and recently past managers but they know the players a damm sight better than we do..

Dale was released due to his lack of goals and ambition...

Colin Little retired after he himself admitted last season that he wasnt able to compete at this level any longer (after being a fantastic striker and team man for the club). Im all for him coaching the present crop of strikers as and when possible,  but as for playing for us again ?? Not so sure about that .. I dont think it is fair to him for us to expect him to come on for 40 minutes in the expectation that he can score goals...

There must be some players out there who are good enough (and affordable) who could play for us.

Look forward not backwards.... Onwards and definitely fkn upwards...

Cmon ALTY.

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2010, 09:30:41 AM »

I have to say this constant urging for the club to get back players who were released really is a negative step IMO... Say what you like about the present and recently past managers but they know the players a damm sight better than we do..

Dale was released due to his lack of goals and ambition...

Colin Little retired after he himself admitted last season that he wasnt able to compete at this level any longer (after being a fantastic striker and team man for the club). Im all for him coaching the present crop of strikers as and when possible,  but as for playing for us again ?? Not so sure about that .. I dont think it is fair to him for us to expect him to come on for 40 minutes in the expectation that he can score goals...

There must be some players out there who are good enough (and affordable) who could play for us.

Look forward not backwards.... Onwards and definitely fkn upwards...

Cmon ALTY.

I agree, i mentioned a week or two ago that bringing back Little, I thought, was a bad idea...

Jacko

« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2010, 10:32:48 AM »

Players like twiss with no ambition to get fit is our problem not dale

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2010, 11:27:11 AM »

People have to realise that there is a very small amount of players out there what may be good enough for the conference but our wages are that low ( because they have to be ) that they choose other clubs. Also a gem only comes around every few years from lower divisions because the standard in the conference is now so high. The reason I said bring back Dale is because just before he got injured he was destroying defences and everyone must agree on that, plus it isn't always about scoring, he would take the tall defender out of a build up or most times when he was really on form it would take two defenders to get the ball off him. When we pump the ball forward or play it in the box at the moment there is no -one that wins it OR causes any mayhem. Dale at least was very very strong with good close control, people who come on here don't see the bigger picture. I am writing these concerns because without a fit Chris Denham then we are doomed, no two ways about it. Also I think we need to bring Little back for home games, no other forward we have gets in the positions he does and thats experience. People must understand that this club may have to go backwards sometimes because we can not afford or attract the quality neeeded. As for Tues, i would throw Col straight into the team and see what happens !!!!

chris888

« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2010, 11:40:33 AM »

i want dale back, i believe this because of the lack of talent currently at the club. dale always put a shift in for us and i think he would help us out this rut!

Leighton_Alty

« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2010, 12:00:37 PM »

dale was a player that shown class at times, but his scoring record was pretty poor.

we need an out and out goal scorer, i hope twiss can fill them boots!

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2010, 12:25:22 PM »

We need kenny or whoever the next manager is to make a fresh approach,bring in his own players,his own style of players,and not revisit the same mundane players when they happen to leave....

AltySi

« Reply #26 on: September 20, 2010, 12:28:26 PM »

The past does not equal the future, as someone once said.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2010, 12:46:33 PM by Pork Pie »

ArmchairAlty

« Reply #27 on: September 20, 2010, 12:43:36 PM »

We need kenny or whoever the next manager is to make a fresh approach,bring in his own players,his own style of players,and not revisit the same mundane players when they happen to leave....

Absolutely agree, there is no point dwelling on players who have moved on.

seasonticket

« Reply #28 on: September 21, 2010, 09:51:38 AM »

Quote from oneedham
:

People have to realise that there is a very small amount of players out there what may be good enough for the conference but our wages are that low ( because they have to be ) that they choose other clubs. Also a gem only comes around every few years from lower divisions because the standard in the conference is now so high. The reason I said bring back Dale is because just before he got injured he was destroying defences and everyone must agree on that, plus it isn't always about scoring, he would take the tall defender out of a build up or most times when he was really on form it would take two defenders to get the ball off him. When we pump the ball forward or play it in the box at the moment there is no -one that wins it OR causes any mayhem. Dale at least was very very strong with good close control, people who come on here don't see the bigger picture.
If I recall correctly you were constsntly slagging off Joe O'neil. If you substitute his name for Dale in the above quote you have an accurate description of both. Please tell me why one is slagged  and the other hero worshiped.

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 21, 2010, 05:41:42 PM »

As previously stated I do not want Dale back for his goal scoring record but simply because he can bully defenders. Joe O'Neil was pure sh*t, simple as, he was crap !!! everyone has forgot that before he was injured that we use to chant his name, people said that Dale coming back from injury would be like a new signing and he got what? 3 games ??? scoring one goal !!! people baffle me, we give the likes of Joseph a lot of games and he is one of the worst defenders I have seen at the club. Dale was not given the chance after injury, his presence caused trouble and the likes of Reeves and Denham will pick up the pieces !!!! why should McCarthy stay??? played more games tehn Dale and hasn't scored???? Its obvious we need s fresh start but what with??? what players are available at our cost????
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Get Dale back !!!