PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 hale and altrincham fc
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: hale and altrincham fc  (Read 6178 times)

Jacko

hale and altrincham fc
« on: September 20, 2010, 08:44:35 PM »

Totally agree with gg comments on the lack of interest in alty fc from the hale high rollers, now I know we have fans from hale that are a credit to the club so maybe they know why the rest of hale/bowden clearly pull there noses up at moss lane? Is this really a class issue?

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: hale and altrincham fc
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2010, 08:54:46 PM »

Mixture of things really, mainly they are not Altrincham born and bred people, mostly incomers so have no affinity whatsoever.

Interesting to see the thread about born and bred, clearly shows that many locals tend to move out/away to afford a good house, leaving much of the area to be repopulated. A clue in my opinion to why our gates don't rise beyond a certain level.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

John Crewe

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2010, 08:57:25 PM »

From someone who moved away from the area many years ago (I did actually have a brief spell at the club) I would say yes, nothings changed

Jimmy Hill

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2010, 09:15:57 PM »

Wealthy people don't become and then stay wealthy by pissing their money away on non-league football.

Of course there are a handful of people willing to put money into non-league football. Why some clubs have such people involved with them and others don't is probably down to nothing more than luck (good or bad, depending on how you see it).
WTF why do you need some sort of drug to have a good time at a party ffs

Jacko

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2010, 09:32:35 PM »

Wealthy people don't become and then stay wealthy by pissing their money away on non-league football. So we have to wait for the next benchill businessman aka gg to come again   ;D

Of course there are a handful of people willing to put money into non-league football. Why some clubs have such people involved with them and others don't is probably down to nothing more than luck (good or bad, depending on how you see it).

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2010, 09:35:16 PM »

I'd love to think that someone out there could chuck in a relatively modest donation in modern terms, say £500,000, which could supplement other income streams over say 3 or 4 seasons allowing the club to strenghten gradually and challenge. Then the club could benefit from the consequent increase in gates and become sufficient at that level.

Sadly, build it and they will come would not apply to the Altrincham area I'm sure.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

Jacko

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2010, 09:46:24 PM »

Have these wealthy people ever dared enter moss lane jimmy? Is it beneath them  ;) how can we possibly Target these sorts to come and watch alty???

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2010, 10:00:22 PM »

Mixture of things really, mainly they are not Altrincham born and bred people, mostly incomers so have no affinity whatsoever.

Interesting to see the thread about born and bred, clearly shows that many locals tend to move out/away to afford a good house, leaving much of the area to be repopulated. A clue in my opinion to why our gates don't rise beyond a certain level.

If I could make a suggestion to the club I'd say we need to target Estate Agents around here and try and offer new homeowners a package when they buy their house. Even if it's only a family ticket for a game or two. There's a family with 2 teenage lads moved in next door but one to me (not spoken to them at all like), think the kids are Utd fans obviously but just wonder if having arrived from outside the area they have any concept of the football club at all.

DugOut

« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2010, 10:28:47 PM »

Geoff added, "Graham's done so well with the little money he's had, a credit to the club. It's time for someone else now. It's a bid sad with all those millionesires in Hale and not one of them could put their hands in their pocket. I don't understand it".

I do has anyone ever asked them ...

Jacko

« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2010, 10:44:27 PM »

How would u get any of these wealthy lot down to ml in the first place to ask them?

joe

« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2010, 08:00:56 AM »

From someone who moved away from the area many years ago (I did actually have a brief spell at the club) I would say yes, nothings changed

Are you the John Crewe that scored quite regularly for the reserves in the late 80's. I think i may have played against you for the Star Inn in Lymm if you're the same bloke?

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2010, 08:01:24 AM »

Say you're a local businessman and you've got a spare fifty grand. You can get a posh box at city or united, put it through the company as an operating cost, entertain potential clients and make money back.  When you've got that option, no wonder it's hard for clubs like us.

John Crewe

« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2010, 01:25:56 PM »

Are you the John Crewe that scored quite regularly for the reserves in the late 80's. I think i may have played against you for the Star Inn in Lymm if you're the same bloke?

My word you have a good memory! I did play in the first team for a bit as well under the doc

tottenham alty

« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2010, 01:48:16 PM »

I'm from Hale... but unfortunately not a millionaire. i agree it is frustrating that these people aren't interested.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2010, 03:23:38 PM »

If they discovered fkn Oil in Alty / Hale... I still dont reckon we would get a rich guy willing to invest in the club.......
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 hale and altrincham fc