PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Altrincham FC Shirts ...
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Altrincham FC Shirts ...  (Read 10952 times)

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Altrincham FC Shirts ...
« Reply #30 on: January 25, 2007, 09:09:55 PM »

my second but first outfield top got it on the day of the preston match, was the best thing ever wore it non stop when i was away from school, i was only ten by the way

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 25, 2007, 09:26:33 PM »

One of my favourite away tops was the darker blue from I, think 99-00, or poss the season before. Relegation year though I think. Classier blue though than the traditional light blue.

Remember Alty's away kit in the early 70's being sky blue shirts with dark blue shorts, so the current away kit has a base in history it seems.

What other away colours have we had, I recall yellow and blue, yellow and black, the dark blue mentioned above, the grey kit at York, didn't we wear white at Anfield? Someone mentioned orange earlier but I don't think I ever saw that one.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

Altysmiffy

« Reply #32 on: January 25, 2007, 09:43:01 PM »

Yep, got that one: From the "You've Been Tangoed" collection!

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 26, 2007, 11:21:54 AM »

UC - It was the same season - when we were in the Conf last time, Uncle Globby, JTH and Rocky Robin will remember?

Errrr, my memory is very sketchy indeed. I was not driving and we were travelling in a mobile bar being driven in a determined (and quite possibly demented) fashion by JTH if I remember correctly. Perhaps my memory of said game is sketchy because I was traumatised or perhaps because of the sheer volume of intoxicants consumed or perhaps because I've got middle-aged dementia......I can remember the mantra for the day....."ooo arrrrr we're in Gloucestershire".....etc, etc.....RR kept a video diary of the day's events

It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

ManagementGuru

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 26, 2007, 05:05:05 PM »

I hated the 70's sky blue change kit (they weren't away kits back then - the rule in the FA Cup was, back then, if there were a colour clash the HOME team changed their kit, unless both sides agreed otherwise).  We always played crap in sky blue and I NEVER saw us win.  Whereas for the sky blue away kit we wear now, I've never seen us w....oh! It's becoming clearer now1

Also Alty Idols have the Spurs kit?  Remarkable coincidence: At the end of the seventies / early eighties Alty Supporters Club had the  kit from the 1-1 draw at Spurs.  I remember my pride as I pulled on Graham Tobin's shirt as I made my debut in the crushing 12-4 annihilation of Southport supporters club at Haig Avenue.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Altrincham FC Shirts ...