PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Alty ice rink.
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Alty ice rink.  (Read 9239 times)

Ashley Alty

Re: Alty ice rink.
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2007, 06:17:35 PM »

Crumbs....

What with that and the Urban Splash block - can the townsfolk of Ancient Market Town, Altrincham cope?

What next?   a revamped ML "Stadium" for the premier football team in the town?

Altysmiffy

« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2007, 06:35:05 PM »

Now I wish they would revamp the bus station - grotty smelly old place!

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2007, 06:35:51 PM »

they are, filled in a questionaire last year

Ashley Alty

« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2007, 07:56:07 PM »

I like the cheesy 1950s and 60s music played early evening to distract teenage hoodlums though  ::)

Perhaps they could build one opposite on Stamford New Road, backing on to George Street, a kind of "L" shape with a nice passageway to the shops at the back and an island of a cafe and other shops in the corner of S N Rd.?  with  an old Co-op on lower Kingsway and a beuatiful red brick  library and somewhere called the Stamford Hall?

If my karma continues in this direction, I'll soon be joingin James in Oz

Unemployed Coalminer

« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2007, 10:34:56 PM »

"the venture is run by a charity set up by a local ice skater from the 80's who was quite good or something like that, he felt that with no ice rink now within a decent distance alot of the talent which had been nurtured at the previous ice rink was being lost, believe it or not alot of kids who were skating at the rink had some real talent along with being scrotbag chavs(yes i know i was one of them once).

I think his name was nicky something"

I would guess its Nicky Slater who ice danced with Karen Barber at the time \of Torville & Dean. Though the local pairing were better - in many people's opinions, they got nothing like the recognition they deserved.

I say BRING BACK ALTY ACES!!!!!!!!

According to my reliable source that info relates to an earlier plan. Nicky Slater isn't involved at all, and theirs no charitable element. It's a privately run effort by the people that own the ice hockey team.

Railway Alty

« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2007, 12:22:28 PM »

I believe that the Nicky in question is actually Nick Crawley who played for Altincham Aces/Trafford Metros and then went on to play in super/elite league with Manchester Storm. nick has been very active in the world of ice/roller hockey promoting and sponsoring junior/yoth teams in greater Manchester since he finished playing proffesionally and has his own shop, which i think is now in Leigh but first Started in Moston.
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Alty ice rink.