PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Today's match thread
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]

Author Topic: Today's match thread  (Read 19767 times)

jhcorbett

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Today's match thread
« Reply #90 on: October 02, 2010, 10:52:33 PM »

In the meantime, more random nonsense from the BBC:

"....Williams' low shot ensured the draw...."

yep, funny shot is a back post header. ::)

ant

« Reply #91 on: October 02, 2010, 11:28:57 PM »

Talking of the Beeb they gave Alty just 37% of possession in the second half which was a load of bollocks.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Today's match thread
« Reply #92 on: October 03, 2010, 02:25:52 AM »

ant, possession stats can often appear odd but 37 could be about right. We barely touched the ball for about 70 minutes of that game. If you think we deserved a draw today mate you're talking out of your arse. Got a bit of luck today after a lot of hard work on Tuesday.

ant

« Reply #93 on: October 03, 2010, 11:26:04 AM »

ant, possession stats can often appear odd but 37 could be about right. We barely touched the ball for about 70 minutes of that game. If you think we deserved a draw today mate you're talking out of your arse. Got a bit of luck today after a lot of hard work on Tuesday.

Ballers mate, what game were you watching?  We weren't the best but we were well worth the draw and we weren't exactly battered.  Don't give me all this talking out of your arse sh*t pal. Argue the opinion but keep the insults to yourself or say it to my face at the match.

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #94 on: October 03, 2010, 12:08:08 PM »

oh and to those 'gloating' vics fans after less than 10 games ... Great result v Matlock :) - Yeah we 'were'  losing but to the likes of Luton Town... Slight difference  ;D ;D
What gloating Vics fans?  Hope that comment doesn't come back to bite us come end of season.  We need to start turning home draws against the likes of Rushden into wins soon.

How can that come back to bite us ? I haven't said we will defo stay up ? I haven't said they will defo stay down?, I am just making a point that I have been reading and hearing that Alty wouldn't win a game \ get any points and 100% be going down. We have started picking up points and looking better so therefore we are starting to move in the right direction whilst Vics 100% promotion looks a little different, despite me expecting them to win that league.

Maybe for the first time in a long time I am enjoying supporting Alty as opposed to finding it being something for people to poke fun at me for...  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Jezza

« Reply #95 on: October 03, 2010, 12:51:40 PM »

we deserved a draw....we scored 2 good well crafted goals, their goals were absolutly gifted to them...they may have had 63% it sounds about right but in truth I can't remember many heart stopping moments or clear cut chances for R&D...can't remember coates making many saves to be honest, we held 'em well at bay and when we got it had a lightning break ourselves.....good tactics by the gaffer ken.

Last year we'd have won that 2-0.....but r&D would still have had 67% possesion.

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 03, 2010, 08:24:26 PM »

They totally dominated the midfield today, thats what made it a bit slow seeming, they are about the same in quality as us midtable this year for them and more promising signs for us.
Bernard Taylors barmy army

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 03, 2010, 11:40:41 PM »

"He's got a head like a traction engine"! :D
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Today's match thread