PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Get coburn back in net
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5

Author Topic: Get coburn back in net  (Read 15350 times)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Get coburn back in net
« on: October 09, 2010, 05:19:50 PM »

Major surgery needed ahead of the fleetwood, starting from in goals.

markecky

Re: Get coburn back in net
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2010, 05:25:00 PM »

Totally agree how many more does he need to concede. Time for Stuarts organisation

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2010, 05:32:14 PM »

Weve conceeded 19 in 8 games with him in goal, get someone the defence has confidence in back in goal......

brian1925

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2010, 05:35:14 PM »

Would we have won today with Stu in goal?

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2010, 05:40:40 PM »

Who knows,but do you think conceeding 2 a game is acceptable for a keeper?

tnc

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2010, 05:41:56 PM »

Is this really the answer??? On the various diff match threads its quite a lot of Save from Coates! Even non-league keeper of week the other week - The keeper is last line of defence, the opposition need to come through 10 other players to get there - I think there are major issues with the players but i think Coates has at times kept scores as low as they have been - Not one mistake really made as far as i can see also. I think changing the keeper will make no difference as Stu started in net, scored an OG and also conceded goals!

John W

« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2010, 05:42:50 PM »

Not Coates' fault.  Blaming the defenders in front of him would be nearer the mark.

brian1925

« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2010, 05:43:48 PM »

I didn't go today Hughesy, so can't comment on Coates. But he has done well in the games I have seen. Conceding 2 goals a game is not acceptable for any team - I too don't know the answer mate!

JTH

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2010, 05:53:35 PM »

I didn't go today Hughesy, so can't comment on Coates. But he has done well in the games I have seen. Conceding 2 goals a game is not acceptable for any team - I too don't know the answer mate!

Is the answer not relatively straightforward? - players who can retain possession when we get the ball thus giving the defence a breather. Mistakes happen when we're continually under the cosh. Kearney was as important in carrying out this role as he was in an attacking sense. Trouble is where do you get these players when you've got our budget? In the absence of a major input of cash, Ken's ability to get such players in asap from LoW is our only realistic chance of getting out of the bottom 4.

tnc

« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2010, 06:00:30 PM »

Seems pretty straight forward - If they dont have the ball, they can not score! I think some of the things on the keeper situation are not going to make a difference, Coates only just broke into No 1 spot - He will need time to arrange things and to build relationships - I think hes been one of the better players so far this season and to srop him would be unfair.

Butty

« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2010, 08:30:17 PM »

Weve conceeded 19 in 8 games with him in goal, get someone the defence has confidence in back in goal......
Compared to Stu's 13 from 6, there isn't that much to choose between them IMO

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2010, 08:35:55 PM »

It cant do any harm in freshening things up in the keeper dept... Who knows. Maybe the back four will feel happier with Stu back in goal and that in itself will spark some confidence....

Trying anything in our present position cannot be a bad thing

juicy2010

« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2010, 11:28:39 AM »

Has anyone read the non league paper today??

'a series of good saves from the visitor's best player goalkeeper James Coates'

He also was given an 8 out of 10.

Maybe the problem area is elsewhere...

andrewflynn

« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2010, 11:35:13 AM »

I think the problem lies with constantly inviting pressure onto our defence via a midfield which don't really have a plan of what to do to going forward. Hoof, their defence wins it, they come forward. It's not Coates' fault, and I don't think Coburn could do much better than that when we are having to defend so much. But, how many times can Coates play and concede without it taking a big knock on confidence? Maybe Stu's experience is what we need right now, not a keeper yet to form relationships with his defence.

I suppose it can't hurt to give it a try and change.. Maybe change formation as well. I'd go 4-3-3.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2010, 11:44:50 AM by TimperleyRobin »

Nonleaguer

« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2010, 12:02:27 PM »

Quite simply the "creative midfielder" who some described Crowell as came back and he has been found wanting. Yesterday again he played a full 90 mins and was ineffectective. If people respond by saying he's not match fit, why isn't he putting in extra effort at a gym etc.

He is a luxury we can not afford in a basement battle, bring on Hewson, Danylyk & Lawton(the latter two playing throughout the past two seasons where we found ourselves comfortably mid-table) who are tough tackling players who will make an impact. How many wasted fancy chips from 40 yards, woeful strikes wide, stray passes does it take when there is an easy outball before the man in the dug out sees what's happening. We accommodate one player at the detriment of the team as a whole.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Get coburn back in net