PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Get coburn back in net
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Get coburn back in net  (Read 15355 times)

andrewflynn

Re: Get coburn back in net
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2010, 12:11:41 PM »

Quite simply the "creative midfielder" who some described Crowell as came back and he has been found wanting. Yesterday again he played a full 90 mins and was ineffectective. If people respond by saying he's not match fit, why isn't he putting in extra effort at a gym etc.

He is a luxury we can not afford in a basement battle, bring on Hewson, Danylyk & Lawton(the latter two playing throughout the past two seasons where we found ourselves comfortably mid-table) who are tough tackling players who will make an impact. How many wasted fancy chips from 40 yards, woeful strikes wide, stray passes does it take when there is an easy outball before the man in the dug out sees what's happening. We accommodate one player at the detriment of the team as a whole.

I want to see Densmore in central midfield every week.. Crowell hasn't impressed me either.

fuertes

« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2010, 12:12:03 PM »

Quite simply the "creative midfielder" who some described Crowell as came back and he has been found wanting. Yesterday again he played a full 90 mins and was ineffectective. If people respond by saying he's not match fit, why isn't he putting in extra effort at a gym etc.

He is a luxury we can not afford in a basement battle, bring on Hewson, Danylyk & Lawton(the latter two playing throughout the past two seasons where we found ourselves comfortably mid-table) who are tough tackling players who will make an impact. How many wasted fancy chips from 40 yards, woeful strikes wide, stray passes does it take when there is an easy outball before the man in the dug out sees what's happening. We accommodate one player at the detriment of the team as a whole.

I agree that given our plight, starting with Danylyk and Lawton is probably a good idea. Neither have much offensive skill in their locker, but they're willing workers and make it difficult for the opposition. We need inspiration from somewhere going forward though. If they are to play then we either need a three man midfield (Densmore or Crowll in ther making things happen), or we need our wingers to really step it up and create things. A fully fit Chris Denham and Nicky Clee I sincerely believe can do this. However, they both seem to pick up a LOT of niggly injuries. In fairness, they've shown commitment by playing half-fit on a number of occasions. It's just we really need them now.

ASMO

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • oxfords barbers
« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2010, 05:07:57 PM »

Dont forget two of the goals in last 2 games come from penaltys , i think coates is a good keeper but he is getting little cover from his defenders

B. 4D

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2010, 05:56:17 PM »

Dont blame Coates, to me he is not to blame.
Think he has done a goog job.
Got to look at other parts of the field.
Crowell isn't the player that we new, and the huge dissapointment of Twiss.
These players are not Fit.WHY?
If they read this, please prove me wrong and show some spirit.

markecky

« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2010, 07:11:04 PM »

I am utterly bored of watching Coates let things bounce in the six yard box and set himself for the save everytime.

I'm also willing to give Twiss 2-3 games of actually playing before I cast a final decision on him.

He is suffering the reverse of "Crowell Forum Syndrome" when he got better each week after leaving.  He gets worse each week on here without playing.

Crowell can stay in Newport for me..if we need someone to do backflicks or chip 7ft keepers like he tried yesterday we'lll ring him.

joe

Get Coburn
« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2010, 07:24:34 PM »

Totally agree with Ecky. Talkin from an ex goalkeepers perspective Coates makes himself look better than he actually is. He's a very good shot stopper but he doesn't command his area at all and just sets himself up for the save for the ladies every time which can't give the defenders much confidence in him at all. As for Crowell,he really is a waste of a wage at this battling time.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Get coburn back in net.
« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2010, 07:29:41 PM »

I agree about Coates, i still don't think rushden's 2nd was his fault but right now we need a commanding experienced keeper in this situation. I barely saw Crowell b4 he went other than on dvd but had a suspicion he got better once he left. My question is was he like this last season or has his stint in australia changed him into a bit of a fancy dan?

fuertes

« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2010, 07:35:54 PM »

I am utterly bored of watching Coates let things bounce in the six yard box and set himself for the save everytime.

I'm also willing to give Twiss 2-3 games of actually playing before I cast a final decision on him.

He is suffering the reverse of "Crowell Forum Syndrome" when he got better each week after leaving.  He gets worse each week on here without playing.

Crowell can stay in Newport for me..if we need someone to do backflicks or chip 7ft keepers like he tried yesterday we'lll ring him.

Even in these depressing times, that genuinely made me laugh out loud  :D

RocketDan

Re: Get coburn back in net.
« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2010, 07:48:05 PM »

My question is was he like this last season or has his stint in australia changed him into a bit of a fancy dan?

in the 5 games i saw him for us last season, particularly away games at H&Y and Barrow,  he completely bossed the midfield box-to-box. He also could drill a shot at goal. I only saw him in one preseason and he looked to have a good touch if not the engine.

Looks like he has been watching more Matt LeTissier videos than myself. Trying to lob the keeper from 20 yards, what a joke.

B. 4D

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 10, 2010, 09:47:44 PM »

Come on lads, Coburn aint the answer.
He is A SHOT STOPPER, that is it.
He does not control his box.
Just look at the vidieo evedence.
Flappers went out in the 20's and 30's.
Sorry boys and girls.
If you thing SC should stay, well so should have GH.
TIME TO WAKE UP AND SMELL THE COFFEE.

markecky

« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2010, 09:54:34 PM »

Thats us told then.

Can't really see the connection between SC staying and GH going.

Lets stick with Coates then.  I'll look forward to watching him rooted to his line while flinging himself about like Barthez saving the shots that come from the crosses he never moved for.

I mean dont let the fact we concede 2 or more in virtually every game he plays get in the way of a good rant.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 10, 2010, 10:01:17 PM »

Come on lads, Coburn aint the answer.
He is A SHOT STOPPER, that is it.
He does not control his box.
Just look at the vidieo evedence.
Flappers went out in the 20's and 30's.
Sorry boys and girls.
If you thing SC should stay, well so should have GH.
TIME TO WAKE UP AND SMELL THE COFFEE.

That's the biggest load of bollocks that's been posted on this forum for a long time. Stuart Coburn is one of the best goalkeepers ever to play for this football club and was one of the main reasons we turned things around in 2004 and eventually achieved promotion from Conf North at the first attempt. His saves and organisational skills have also been a big part of the last two (relatively successful) seasons.

I know people are looking for scapegoats left, right and centre at the moment, but to say the things you have about a true Alty legend is just nonsense.
Come on Alty!

Butty

« Reply #27 on: October 10, 2010, 10:15:12 PM »

Thats us told then.

Can't really see the connection between SC staying and GH going.

Lets stick with Coates then.  I'll look forward to watching him rooted to his line while flinging himself about like Barthez saving the shots that come from the crosses he never moved for.

I mean dont let the fact we concede 2 or more in virtually every game he plays get in the way of a good rant.
As I mentioned before, Coburns average this season is hardly setting the world on fire...

fuertes

« Reply #28 on: October 10, 2010, 10:32:23 PM »

I really like Stu and genuinely do think he's one of the better keepers in Non-league. Crosses are not his strong point though. Nor is kicking, which I think might be related to that back injury of his that crops up every now and again.

I'm all for putting him back in, but let's not kid ourselves that it'll be clean sheet after clean sheet if/when he returns.

tnc

« Reply #29 on: October 10, 2010, 11:15:28 PM »

Maybe giving Coates some support and faith since hes done nothing wrong and kept the scores down! Hes a good keeper and the future of the club!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Get coburn back in net